Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Junpei Hyde posted:

I am excited for my girl Caulifla fighting the foul villain Son Goku.

Pureauthor posted:

Man I wanna see the finale of the DBZA Cell saga

:same:

I'm really, really looking forward to how that exchange between Gohan and 16's head goes in DBZA.

I'm also really, really looking forward to the show's new protagonist, Caulifla, turning Super Saiyan Blue like less than a day after she first learned how to be a regular-rear end Super Saiyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Professor Wayne posted:

OP, do you have a list of Angelfire sites with good gifs and accurate power levels?

I feel like you are personally attacking me in 8th grade.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Momomo posted:

And his first evil act is wishing Goku back into a kid and-

You know, that wish always bothered me. It's not like Pilaf could deal with kid Goku either, so it was a wish that wouldn't have helped him at all anyway.

It's because Pilaf never had the guts to kill somebody. I bet even his stupid pinball dungeon had safeties built in.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This was in the recommended videos there and it's way better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu3-dt_Fwk

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

tbp posted:

i mean i know dbz has never been good at this poo poo but i wish there was even some slight explanation of why god ki was important. as it stands it functions literally identically to regular ki, but instead when the kais and poo poo see it for the first time they gasp instead of just going "yeah looks about right".

I think the main distinction is that it's not supposed to be a thing that a NINGEN can manifest. Like it's some kind of spiritual badge of office for the celestial bureaucracy or whatever. Goku and Vegeta being able to arbitrarily turn blue and be literal gods for a few minutes without being officially Gods of Destruction is probably a major slap in the face for anybody who gives more of a poo poo about the business side of being a god than Beerus or Zen-oh.

It's the sudden realization on the part of the gods in all the other universes that they could be instantly replaced by a Saiyan, if it came down to that, where the Kais at least considered that job to be the birthright of their race.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

khwarezm posted:

I was actually thinking its like the worst idea to teach someone like Caulifla Super Saiyan. There's a whole planet full of Saiyans in U6, compared to like five people in U7, what's going to stop them from going nuts and conquering the universe and maybe even the other universes when dodgy people like Caulifla can start to reach blue and beyond?

Caulifla is fine. We joke about her probably going Blue later in the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible because Goku and Vegeta are both ridiculous shonen protagonists who retained the "muscle memory" of Super Saiyan God. She'd have to be a God first, and that requires everybody involved to be pure of heart.

Basically what I'm saying is that if she turns Blue after watching Goku do it, then we can like 70% consider that an Alignment Check.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Everything would be perfectly protected and stable, because the universe loves messing with Trunks.

Sometimes I think of these things and wonder if I'm doing the right thing EX-Fused with him in Fusions. My Luck stat went down after fusing with him.

I EX-Fused with Krillin, the strongest human, and have no regrets.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sefal posted:

She'll go SSJ3 and somehow she does it without making it useless.

I was gonna say maybe it's totally usable if you still have your tail, but then I remembered that U6 saiyans don't have tails.

:iiam:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The most hilarious answer is that Beerus and Champa are just twin-universe duplicates of each other, but the idea that they're the same person is so revolting to both of them that they agreed to just refer to each other as "twin brothers".

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Black August posted:

dragon ball is a surprisingly good metric for when you want to measure how insane our access to content and on demand entertainment has become, compared to the prior 20 years we grew up in

Anime in general is loving wild right now. We get simulcast subtitles of like very popular show the same day they air in Japan. loving funi is doing simul-dubs of My Hero Academia.

The future sucks, but at least the anime flows freely.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

C-SPAN Caller posted:

How the gently caress would double earth work

gently caress off we are full u6

It's fine. U7 Earth is like mostly huge swaths of empty space that Piccolo blows up and/or levitates every day to train.

Alternatively:

Gruckles posted:

Parallel earth on the opposite side of the sun.

U6 Earth just pops into the sky, you know like 8x the distance that the moon was, and any children born after Piccolo blew up the moon experience mindbending psychological terror as they try to grasp the idea of a planetoid in the sky close enough to make out landmarks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Bought a new router today, and that means it's time to update the ol' wifi SSID. My network is now "Mr. Perfect Cell"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Justin_Brett posted:

Better step it up, Jiren.

I hope she tells Vegeta that he's her type, and then immediately transforms and fights him to the edge of his life.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This thread is such a privilege sometimes :allears:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
A goon predicted weeks ago that Tien's new bullshit was going to be SHIN KIKOHO, and it looks like that was spot on lmao.

I hope somebody calls him out on it being just identical to the regular one. Maybe there's less feedback? :iiam:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spiderdrake posted:

I always wonder if that stuff is any good, but half the reviews are people whining about salt or the weird western racism over msg. The rest are "it's good!!!"

Also this episode was really good but I don't really care they're dunking on SSJ transformations at all so maybe I'm not a true Z fan.

VEGETA spice is okay. It's like borderline powdered soup lol. I like it on eggs sometimes, it's pretty much salt with herbs.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Justin_Brett posted:

Why are these less acceptable than Kale's obvious references?

Kale doesn't have a reference because Broly isn't canon :smuggo:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PMush Perfect posted:

The real question is who's U6 Trunks?

He's nobody important. Trunks's good twin from U6 never distinguished himself by committing the heinous crime of time travel.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Augus posted:

magetta

actually he doesn't exist yet because cabba has no kids

Wait, no, gently caress you're right. The invincible Bota Magetta is U6 Goten and Trunks/Gotenks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Frost's whole thing is "Frieza but he keeps poo poo on the down-low" so you know he's going to bust out a heretofore-unmentioned platinum form the moment Frieza tries to double-cross him.

This would be hilarious and good, on some level. "I only agreed to fight in this tournament because the universe was going to die. I normally prefer to not advertise my business."
EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, Frost's third form is probably about as powerful as Frieza's, but it's hard to tell because of the power creep on the U7 crew. He might stand a chance if he's sitting on a secret fourth form.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm still getting over how ridiculous goku sounds in the japanese version.

I'm still getting over how he sounds like a generic hero instead of a fight-loving hillbilly in the English version, so... :shrug:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm not sure how you can listen to any dubbed DB material from the last like, 5 years and come to this conclusion.

I mean, that's fair. I haven't had cable since like 2008, so I'm just going by what I remember from Toonami :v:. I guess I didn't expect the voice direction for Goku to change after doing like the entire run of Z that way.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

seiferguy posted:

I do appreciate Android 17 addressing the elephant in the room in every Dragon Ball fight I've watched, which is "why the hell doesn't anyone attack someone as they power up?" It especially makes sense when your universe is on the line.

And the answer is that even Frieza recognizes and respects the Beauty and Justice of striking a pose.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhonne posted:

What happens if Ginyu switches bodies with a fusion and then it unfuses.

Then you get Posi-Ginyu and Nega-Ginyu, like in Darkwing Duck.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Darko posted:

The movie is dumb, the only good thing about it is Gohan's whistle song trolling Piccolo, just watch that.

Vegeta getting trolled is the new Piccolo getting trolled, which is to say that Piccolo getting trolled is very good. Lord Slug is dumb as hell, though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
BoG movie is better, RoF series is better. Gotta go with the version where Ginyu makes an appearance.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Onmi posted:

so Unless leaks are wrong, Goku goes Super Saiyan God during the ToP So that's a thing.

I mean, there's 5 other super saiyans there, so it's plausible.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This is a definite, deliberate troll from Toriyama and/or Toei to get nerds arguing about God Ki and transformations, and it's glorious.

I don't think anybody in the writer's room knows or cares about like,

Darko posted:

Theory is that SSBlue is stacking SSJ on top of blue instead of actually going SSJ with God ki itself. Who knows.

They know that the Shonen Battle genre will work itself out as long as somebody pulls a new power out of their rear end at the last possible second, and Vegeta also knows this because he's cracked the fourth wall like Deadpool.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Frost is definitely gonna turn into alt-colors Cooler, revealing that he doesn't like this form because it's too much hassle to be the strongest being in the universe, right?

I would also accept it if he botches a fusion dance with Frieza and they turn into Fat Froza.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kithkar posted:

It's 100% going to be U7 wins and then not even getting to the dragon balls, Zeno(s) will be like "we can't wait for the next one!" and then as soon as anyone is like "But you deleted all the universes" he just claps his hands and brings them all back.

This would be the worst. I'm banking on it being more like the other theory, that Zeno is just shunting everybody into a single clusterfuck universe to clear space in his God Closet, and he's maintaining the kayfabe of killing everybody because he's a horrible child who thinks it will be a fun surprise.

Then Toei can recycle a bunch of weird ideas from the DBZ MMO in this new hosed up super universe where like 8 different planet earths are mashed together and the Saiyan homeworld still exists.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Gohan is not going to outshine Goku. I'd be surprised if he outshines Vegeta.

He outshined Vegeta pretty frequently, though? Vegeta got chumped left and right during Cell and Buu, and Gohan was kind of billed as the big savior in both of those until Toriyama ran out of steam or whatever and wrote Goku back in. Vegeta was just there because the second he introduced fusion, the only possible outcome was a Vegito, or Jump readers in the 90s would have rioted.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Condiv posted:

Végéta

Vegeta's going to get KO'd by Ribrianne, and there is no possible way she can do it that won't be a completely excellent Vegeta Gets Trolled scene. It will be glorious.

My bets are on: exploded off the stage by a devastating Love Beam, or body checked off the stage when she charges at him rear end first, and he'll make that cringe face in slow motion again while a faded montage of all the other times he got trolled since Super began plays over it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhjamiz posted:

Ideally with Gohan saying something like "It's about time I returned the favor."

In my mind's eye, he will be screaming "DODGE!"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

IcePhoenix posted:

A tattoo that was fortunately saved after the reddit op deleted it because I posted it in a discord channel as well

Imagine this dude making small talk at the bar.

"Yeah, brah, I just cut my new album, Zero Ningen Keikaku. Here lemme text you my soundcloud"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Please help, this horrible topic just made me seriously consider a Ginyu Force logo on my upper arm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

multijoe posted:

You've already got 'insane hellgirlfriend' down as your terrible life choice, you can't double dip

Hold my drink

But no, I can't afford an actually good tattoo artist this year, anyway, because I have a car payment now and I'm paying off a mattress :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm gonna piss off power level purists by winning matches against SSGSS Goku using Yamcha.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope Goku announces that he calls this Super Saiyan 4, thereby confirming GT non-canon forever.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Tempers running hot in the DBZ thread. I'm ready for my dude Vegeta to get KO'd by Ribrianne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

IcePhoenix posted:

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

For like 20 years, it was all we had :shrug: