Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

hot take on the ground floor: Goku is good

You don't watch Super then. He's clearly the main villain, which is why The Pride Troopers from U11 want to annihilate him for Great Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

God what a poo poo episode. Felt like filler and really made Gohan seem like a loving wimp. And what the hell was with everyone just running? Tien ran in a straight line for half the episode.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Wasn't there some speculation about Gohan getting some new transformation? What happened with that? Would be far more interesting than Goku, yet again, getting some new form.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

Bringing this up since I just watched Vegeta VS Frost in the dub

I don't think Frost was even as powerful as base form Freeza was in RoF. I really don't.

Dude is just straight up not very strong. The only weird thing is Piccolo having issues with him, but really, Piccolo I think was stronger than Frost. Goku seriously overestimated him.

Goku or Vegeta could have beaten Frost in base form with some difficulty, and Vegeta one shots the guy while holding back and pulling his punch as just a SSJ.

And it makes sense.

Frost's whole deal is that he's a sneaky snake, clever and cunning.

Freeza was many things. Sneaky, Clever OR cunning are not his bag. Frost really isn't just Freeza But Pretends to Be Good. He's a whole different kind of villain, one who is by his very nature much weaker than Freeza.

Freeza was raw power personified, and he ruled as such. Frost got by on his wits and intelligence because he REALLY isn't that strong.

It also makes sense because of course Goku was loving around with Frost. Vegeta didn't, and the fight lasted exactly as long as it should have.

This is sort of what irritates me about how Gohan is portrayed in the tournament. He was getting knocked around a bit by Frost, since when we saw him last episode, he was holding his arm like he was hurt and kneeling down like he was worn out. We saw that Gohan at full power is about on par with SSB Goku since Goku had to kaioken to beat him when they sparred, and Frost is way below that. Gohan really just ended up looking like a bitch this whole tournament.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

It is kind of similar to Goku's body remembering God Ki thing, actually

Before he was given the Majin power, he was still stuck as just a SSJ. After that point, he remembered how to access that power

Vegeta could go SSJ2 before he let Babidi in his head. He says he'd have killed Dabura and Gohan acknowledges that Vegeta would've won.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Yea but Gohan is only as strong as Piccolo now, even though he got his Ultimate form back as was on par with SSB Goku.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Black August posted:

Crossin' fingers for a Gogeta showing

I’m sort of wondering is this is how they finally beat Jiren. Defensive UI Goku does the fusion dance with Offensive UI Vegeta making perfected UI Gogeta, who trounces Jiren.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but if the winner of the ToP wishes back the universes that Zeno erased, would that include the universe that Zamasu was in?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

This is wrong.

Feels Super right to me.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Ekusukariba posted:

Dr. Piccolo and Vegeta's special training routine

I still don’t get it. I don’t even know what I’m looking at. Two caves?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

eonwe posted:

Vegeta is cool as gently caress

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I like Jiren more now that he has some semblance of a personality.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf gohan's had his own unique thing since the buu saga

dunno what they'd do with that visually if they were to upgrade it since it's just base gohan as is and ui already does the special aura for base form. how do they keep the two visually distinct?

His hair is going to turn white.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

You think there's enough material to make first form Cell into his own fighter and be different enough from Perfect Cell? I think there's some fun stuff they could do with him draining people with his tail.

https://youtu.be/XOaVQrIrBgI

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Would’ve been cool if the entity that killed Jiren’s family was the GoD before Belmond, so Jiren wanted to be stronger than the gods and was going to use the Super Dragonballs to wish them back and then defeat the gods.

The whole strength is all there is thing made him seem really two dimensional. What about him saying “I seek that which is beyond strength.”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Just saw the movie tonight. Looks like the animation team took some cues from One Punch Man. Did not disappoint.

The only part that really stuck out was where Goku and Vegeta IT to Piccolo to practice the fusion dance. It was obvious that the B team did the animation for that scene.