Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hey when I finally started reading this, and quickly caught up, why weren't there warnings between each chapter to say how slow the release schedule is???

I'm dying!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh yeah I absolutely have no actual problem with the release schedule, I'm just in withdrawal after a couple weeks of chapters on demand.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm really starting to distrust this winged lion guy

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Snooze Cruise posted:

drat, t shirt cat good avatar material

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Deliciousest Dungeon

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lt. Lizard posted:

Izutsumi is a Schrodinger's catgirl: simultaneously the least and the most competent member of the team. :allears:

Extremely undependable, incredibly competent

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/frs2_/status/1582722535745261568

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That was the 4th chapter in a row without a break, does that mean we're two months away from the next chapter or does no date on the last page mean we're getting one next month?

Also, 11 pages :gonk:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vizuyos posted:

I don't think Laios was actually under the demon's control in the first place.

I think he didn't turn into a human-eating monster, but rather a demon-eating monster: a monster capable of eating the excess mana of an out-of-control dungeon, and then gobbling up the dungeon lord and the physical incarnation of the demon.

I don't think Laios would write exactly that, but I can see him writing something like "Can totally eat ~anything!~" and the capability to eat demons being an outcome.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Raw! Raw! Bite the power!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dolash posted:

I really hope they get to cover the whole series, I don't think it's that long. At a guess, maybe three twelve-episode seasons would do the trick?

A three cours meal?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nah, it'll probably begin with the red dragon fight.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I like Dungeon Meshi!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's kinda bullshit how good this manga is, drat.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SexyBlindfold posted:

It just dawned on me that whatever stupid monster meat restaurant Laios has in mind will probably end up being the title drop.

Burger King

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nebrilos posted:

Also, why did that orc get mad at Laius telling him his wives are beautiful? He even went out and asked Laius if he thought they were beautiful.

"Look at my wives."

"BUDDY, I've been lookin'."

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I don't even really mind the batch-releases (they're actually better for the consumer overall rather than weekly episodic releases) but JoJo p6 getting it's first bit released, then nothing for 9 months, then the final batch being 3 months after that was just stupid. If it was one batch every 3 months or something it would've been fine.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a new penultimate chapter.

I'm gonna miss this series so much. I've been reading it since the beginning, and it's been one of my favorite series ever, right up there with One Piece.

I could maybe see there being 3 more chapters, with the way that "The end of Laios's tale" was phrased.

Especially since next chapter is Chapter 97, and there was a "Chapter 0", I'm guessing we'll get a final Laios chapter, then one or two chapters of tear jerking Marcille narrated epilogue.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last page explicitly says the next chapter is the final one

Do you mean the "In the next chapter, the heroic tale of Laios reaches its grand finale!" part? The part I mentioned in my post?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

7c Nickel posted:

He's not lion-clad, he's wearing his own monster skin. That's why it also has a wolf head and feathers mixed in.

And the mouth covers (or is eating) the lion symbol.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Korean raws are out, and it's The End.

Expect the English translation shortly!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also, if you want us to proofread the chapter, just this one time, feel free to post it ITT

I'm sure nobody would mind... :angel:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's a straight up happy ending IMHO. The "curse" (lol) is basically the only wrinkle, with everything else resolving in the best way it possibly could.

Are you joking? Did you even read the chapter??

Just... tragic.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lt. Lizard posted:

Thinking about it:

Falin came from humble origin.

Is now princess/queen due to her brother being a king.

She was cursed and turned into a monster, before turning back to human.

As a result, she is a part dragon and got cute fangs and super unique silvery feathers on her legs as a result, making her ~super special~.

One of her love interest is hot, brooding half-elf mage she studied with, that has dabbled in forbidden magic to save her and is now a wanted criminal

Her other love interest is hot, brooding son of a noble who is her former party member and who came from far away exotic land, organized massive rescue party when she was turned into a monster and hopes to marry her.

She fights crime monsters.

Basically, she is a fantasy romance novel protagonist now. :v:

Also, has little to no agency within the events of the story, hardly speaks, and is perfect for self-insertion of the reader into the story

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The dragon might

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Make it 3 2-cour seasons and just have filler episodes were characters walk the runway in modern clothes

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's been a week, where's the new chapter? :confused:

:negative:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think they just liked eating monsters and were looking for an excuse tbh

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is going to be a day 1 purchase of a nice complete box set so I did not feel bad reading scans

e: Also congrats on still having new Dungeon Meshi to read. God I wish that were me... :negative:

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 3, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm really excited to eventually see the dungeon rabbits episode(s)

Killer medieval rabbits have always been cool

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The only person I'm shipping is Marcille, back to her home country to stand trial

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Snooze Cruise posted:

I saw what you said... Maryville! You can't hide your edits from me!!

That'll teach me to post from the Taco Bell drive-thru line

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The sequel series clearly has to be about Laios's kingdom becoming the fashion capitol of the world.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

A jargogle posted:

It has, it turns out, been a while since I read this:

He's got that dog in him

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pureauthor posted:

Also she's the one willing to just run up and chop Laios's head off if things go south.

I wonder if Laios ever made clear that that service was no longer needed after the whole demon thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Turns out Paracelsus was right on the money when it comes to making homunculi: