Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Fuckin Laius, goddamn :laffo:

At least we finally found something that Laius is weirded out to eat.

Been buying the print copies but got to say the scanlations have been doing an amazing job at capturing the tone, not that the official print translations are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

So you know how we were worried about the Lion manipulating and using Laius? I think Laius is safe at this point.

Lion can have Laius too, as a treat.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Was Thistle's comment the first official confirmation that Marcille is a half-elf? It seemed like a strong possibility given her whole obsession with death and longevity but I don't think it's ever been explicitly said before.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Huzzah! posted:

Yo, all the Halloween costumes at the end are good but I dont know which I like more, the mimic or the mushroom.

Chilchak giving off strong dad vibe energy there.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

*bonk*

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Still waiting to see how the Chekov's nightmares factor into Laius' plan

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

The background on Marcille's mom and dad just raises more questions than it answers.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Carpator Diei posted:

That's a lot bleaker than I expected. Also doesn't inspire confidence in the Canaries as an organization that one of their conscripted members can just spend all of her allowance to fund her drug addiction and nobody does anything about it.

They're a penal battalion crossed with the Chernobyl liquidators, it's more amazing they get paid at all.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Probably the lewdest this comic has been.

Except for Marcille's familiar wiggle dance.

Laius did want to count nipples that one time...and they let him milk a minotaur :shepface:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Dungeon Meshi: Lewd Long-legs and the Mystery of Marcille's Poops

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Was Yaad / the doll someone they've met before? Trying to remember the name but can't think of anyone atm.

edit - Oh it's the grandkid of King Delgal that they met before.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

amigolupus posted:

Maybe Laios could have convinced the others about his plan to eat the dragon out of Farlyn in a better way, but the elf's truth spell made him say it in the worst way possible.

Yeah Laios is definitely not the guy you want to hit with a 'tell us absolutely *everything*' spell.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Donkringel posted:

I like how Chilchuk was originally seen as this impish greedy thief, but over time you learn that he is just a dad with dad priorities.

Don't forget labor organizer and halfling rights advocate.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Laughing my head off at how the Canaries' hyper-competence simply can't keep up with the powerful dumbass energy of the Dungeon crew.

edit:

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 14, 2021

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

The Lion absolutely knows exactly how delicious weird the buffet party is.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Glad to see that not all elves are hyper-competent like the OG Canary Squad, Kabru's adoptive mom or half of Marcille.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

There's not much eating on the main crew so it won't stick around for long.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Huzzah! posted:

gently caress her up Izutsumi!

Fuckin love Izutsumi :catdrugs:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Just be warned that Witch Hat Atelier will similarly leave you jonesing for updates (in exchange for absolutely incredible art and storytelling, completely worth it).

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Given everything we know about Laios, I'm 100% sure his monster form is just a giant two-headed golden retriever good boy, who's a good boy, Laios is a good boy yes he is

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

That was a legit unnerving and disturbing fight goddamn. Not something to read just before bed.

Loving the Renaissance-style two-pager though :discourse:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

As sad as it is to see it go, it's great that the story gets to wrap up cleanly on the author's terms. It's been great to see everyone's stories close out over the last couple chapters.

I think it might have been recommended in the thread previously, but for those looking for something similar Witch Hat Atelier is another amazing fleshed out fantasy world manga in the vein of Dungeon Meshi. Unfortunately no elves though, but it does have plenty of stupidly good artwork.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Wonder if that dragon DNA will affect her lifespan at all, maybe she can chill out and keep Marcille company over the centuries.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Wonder how far they'll get with two cours, the Red Dragon makes an obvious stop for the first one - maybe the end of Book 7 with the Canaries showing up on the island and Senshi's backstory?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

*Adds "ability to perfectly mimic a red dragon" to his character sheet*

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah that was a great easter egg. Also pumped for all the partial reveals of the later characters.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

izutsumi (all)

:emptyquote:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Oh also Mithrun going John Wick with teleportation.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's impossible to ship senshi because no one is on his level

Senshi and Elf-Senshi :colbert:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

I also thought Thistle and Mickbell were both female until dialogue said otherwise.

If you showed me the gender-swapped Canaries shorn of any context or explanation, I'm not sure I'd immediately notice the difference apart from the illusionist, whose posture and facial expression seem strikingly different; I noticed that before anything else.

Lol so did the official translator (from Vol 5 Chapter 30):

Funnily enough, the scanlation is careful to say 'the sorceror' or 'they' throughout the scene:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah as others said, Izutsumi helps round out the party by mixing up the dynamic post-dragon as well as take actions that would be less in character for Marcille and Chilchuck. She also helps expand on some of the story themes of maturity and growth that are present but not as central in other characters like Laius and Marcille by being more clearly immature than the other party members.

I do hope we / her one day find out what the full deal of her backstory is, the Adventurers' Bible only says she was separated from her family at age 6 and fused with the Giant Cat beast, and then a year later she ends up in the traveling sideshow. It seems like a lot of risk and effort to be using dangerous forbidden magic just to stock up your circus.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Cannot wait for the introduction of Kabru & Co and ghost ice cream next episode.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah the Alicorn confirmed he was a 'faithful husband' and it was kind of implied the succubi took on the form of his wife.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Senshi sitting him down to explain the birds and the bees is still such an amazing setup for the later punchline.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Unfortunately a decent bit of Kabru's party member backstories only really get shown in the Adventurers Bible and some of the one-page side comics. Hopefully they roll in some of the details from those in the later episodes, like how Rin ended up with the elves and meeting Kabru, or when Kabru is tutoring Kuro so he can talk to Mickbell.

Also hope they somehow capture a little of the Bible entries on the Canaries. Just so many great little side notes to characters.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

There's also the one Canary who's into half-foots and the others are like "you're loving goddamn 20-year-olds you pervert!"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

A jargogle posted:

Marcille at age 14: splashing around in puddles.

Looks like the previous link got DMCA'd but found another copy:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Counterpoint - still 2nd place to Space Queen Marcille

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Man I re-read some of the upcoming chapters and the anime is gonna get so good. Namari and the undine, the tentaclus, the frog suits, backstory for the dungeon, then the dragon. Hell yea

Yeah at the current pace it looks like we'll hit Falin's resurrection around Ep 12, Falingon fight around Ep 15-16, and Thistle and Falingon's attack on Floor 1 and the Canaries around Ep 24.

Which would hopefully mean likely another 12 episode season to finish out the endgame, because I can't see how they could cram it all in to the remaining 18 episodes of these two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Forgot how dang sweaty she got over leg pouches, probably has a bunch of Rob Liefeld stashed in the bottom of her pack.