Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

The only bomb I remember being responded to was the one that killed Yoshihiro in the house near the end. I think if the bomb causes structural damage then any noise that would come from said structural damage can alert somebody, but otherwise they are silent as no one seemed to hear the five different bombs Kira threw at Josuke in the span of 8 minutes. That or Jotaro and Koichi just for some reason thought the random explosions they were hearing were not a concern until they heard some glass shatter.

it was just the rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I looked up Ojiro because the manga clearly treats him as someone I should know and realized he's the creep Josuke beat early on. I don't know if I'd even realized it was the same dude Kira made eat his own fingers during the flashback

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

drat, I forgot about the blonde guy. maybe that's the 89-year-old (?!) man

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh my god, he wasn't a man of the land or a man of the sea, so his body's in a swimming pool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

But it can't mess with time.

not yet. he's gonna do a rokakaka fusion with someone else and combine Stand abilities

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Queen of the Stone Age.

this would obviously work for me

it seems crazy to me that they'd have all the Higashikatas have "king" in their Stand names and there not be a King Crimson reveal

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

D4C definitely counts as a space-time Stand. doesn't even seem worth debating, D4C literally takes you to infinite parallel dimensions where something is different. it's like literally how timelines in DBZ works

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just finished Purple Haze Feedback and it whipped. very cool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just watched a YouTube video theorizing that it's Josuke whose Stand will evolve into King Crimson and I'll be honest, I would mark out if that were true

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I agree on Caato being the final boss in the end, and the structure for how the family will be divided but stand with Josuke. I just really liked the bit about Josuke embodying the self-sacrificial spirit of the Higashikata family and leveling up his Stand and matching their names

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

i feel like trying to predict where jojolion will go is a bit silly given how araki writes, it's not something like one piece where you can really pick up a trail of clues

but yeah josuke getting a King Stand and embracing his last name would be dope. all i want tho is for Caato to be the final boss and Yasuho to not die. maybe for Karea to do something cool too

I gotta reread soon. I forgot who Karera was and thought it was the maid chick who works in the Higashikata house that we haven't heard from in years

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

This is the Doppio/Diavolo twist but done in a completely not bad way. Tooru and the head doctor are two rock humans that share the same body and take turns sleeping. Their shared stand is the one that keeps showing up behind everyone. And the reason Tooru only has pictures of the doctor but never the two together is because he's made unaware of his bodies condition and only knows the doctor from the fabricated memories that protect him from realizing the truth of his nature.

ah man this is completely it. I still want Josuke to have King Crimson though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Robviously posted:

This is still the flashback, right?

I think we're still a few days before when we saw Norisuke dead, although Tsurugi seemed fine there so I don't know what's happened unless they got the rokakaka and Norisuke used it to save him??

does this feel like we're getting to the end to y'all?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

Are they still dealing with the unbelievably old man? I've not read the manga in a couple of years but I swear they've been dealing with the insanely old man ever since I started following the thread again.

the incredibly 89-year-old man's bullshit is becoming very interesting as of the last few months, although it certainly took a second. I think where we are with this flashback and the impending conference at the hospital is heading us toward the endgame of the part, which is exciting

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Josuke's gonna walk around with a bunch of dookie on his eye and chest lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

do you guys think Akefu's Stand ability is anything like「Love Train」 ? at one point, I thought it must be related because the things happening to Josuke's party as they went after him seemed like forced misfortune, like tables and chairs getting in their way as they ran

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

do you guys think the head doctor is gonna straight up be a pillar man? that'd whip

it's been talked about before but after Araki brought out Diego with The World at the end of SBR, I expect some kind of throwback with Josuke having King Crimson or something like a more direct pillar man <-> rock human. Josuke is a guy that's two dudes in one, after all

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think Jojolion is good

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

boy poo poo is Josuke going to be mad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

What if it ends up putting holes in everyone's brains so they can't remember except Tsurugi who ended up healed and fused with someone, maybe with Jobin, who now has to go and dispose of the body

Or it'll be something else that will or won't get explained and we'll just keep on going regardless :v:

we gotta get King Crimson somehow

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I feel like we are just past 2/3rds of jojolion pacing wise. I dont know why but us now starting to get to know the head doctor at this point feels like we're setting up for something major to happen...I think this is some kind of fake out plot wise though and we're going to see kaato as the main big bad with jobin usurping the doctor.

if it's 2/3, that's crazy. I'd expect more like 4/5

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

overmind2000 posted:

To contrast them with Josuke it's possible that the Head Doctor and Tooru are the result of the rokakaka splitting one person into two people. If neither of them is a Stand then that would explain the weird instantaneous connection they seem to share. Considering that the Head Doctor made a point of asking the reporter if he was pursuing him shortly before the reporter died it's pretty likely that the Head Doctor's Stand is the pursuer-targeting calamity attack and not the robot with the bone blades that ambushes people. If that was the case then I don't think he would have had to use the rokakaka exposure to decapitate the reporter.

this is such a good idea......

I will say that I watched one of those theory videos a couple months ago and they foresaw Elvis being involved in some way, which is a funnyass thing to spoiler

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

Tooru and the Head Doctor are this universe's Doppio and Diavolo?

oh so THEY have King Crimson

after they fuse with Jobin's corpse

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah part 8 has drawn on references to every part at this point, even part 7 if the calamity stand is really called Crazy Train. It’s almost enough to make me worry that it’s the last one, perish the thought.

I only just realized this calamity ability is kind of opposite to Love Train. the opposite of Jesus.......

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did Araki just write her out

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Really though, am I misreading it or did Araki just say that Enya and Hermes are rock people?

where are you guys getting Hermes from? I see Dio in the Stone Mask and Enya with the Arrows in direct comparison with the Devil's Palm and I have no idea what's going on

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

Mangadex has a new alternate translation from Dogpark that’s a massive improvement from HWMN. They got a couple words wrong this chapter, though, so I basically now just read Dogpark, take note of any confusing phrases, then check HWMN’s version to see if it got it right. Dogpark’s writing combined with HWMN’s accuracy would be the perfect translation but alas.

which phrases seemed wonky in Dogpark's #99? having read HWMN's first, it just seemed like similar information but written like someone who knows English

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I was actually thinking of doing my own translation of the chapter for this thread but if someone else did it already then that’s probably overkill.
If you guys have any lines you’re curious about I can check my copy and clear it up!

EDIT: the dogpark translation reads a lot more naturally for the most part but it actually gets several lines completely wrong.

I've thought about learning how to make clean looking edits and rewriting the obviously funky English in HWMN's translations. I wouldn't want to make them mad though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

somepartsareme posted:

It's self-evident that there's nout a single thing that's goooooo~~d to overloooooo~k

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i think giorno is cool. where does this fit in the conversation

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

Sure, but evoking Christ imagery is not the same as implying a character is a Christ figure.

what does it mean about a character if Christ imagery is invoked pertaining to them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

It can mean any number of things. Christ imagery can be used just as much to portray megalomania and delusions of grandeur as it can genuine godliness, like how often do TV shows and films portray sinister cult leaders wreathed in halos with beatific expressions high on their own bullshit?

okay so Giorno isn't Jesus, he's Evil Jesus. I'm glad we got to the bottom of this deep JoJo lore

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Me too. And I'm also waiting for part 8 to end so I can read it all in one shot, then join everyone in reading part 9 as it releases.

Only reason I'm waiting is because I'm under the impression that part 8 is close to done. Gonna lol though if it turns out that we've got another few years or something

at nine or ten chapters a year, I don't think it'll be done soon

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

Seems like an obvious link, especially since Love Train - a stand that defends by manipulating misfortune - was defeated when a perfect rotation pierced its shield

On the other hand, no connection to Elvis

how about

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

you have to be a prick to be a Stand user. Koichi was nice and then he becomes more of a prick as he hangs out with the boys and that's why his Stand evolves

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Koichi would have died from the arrow had Josuke not intervened too.

that's because he was a nice boy at the time. then he turned into more of an rear end in a top hat

A couple of rats got stands in the very next part lol

and those rats were loving assholes!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I gotta admit I'm fully on board for accepting "being an rear end in a top hat = stand" as canon

I can't think of even one Stand user who isn't an rear end in a top hat in some respect

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Tonio is the only person I thought of, but I think he has to be kind of an rear end in a top hat to gaslight Josuke about Okuyasu's body horror, and I guess he doesn't warn ANY of his customers about that!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shizuka is an invisible child that gets raised by Joseph. that kid's gonna be an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pocoloco, maybe

he's lazy and doesn't help his elderly fellow sharecropper, instead choosing to daydream and look at clouds