Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

Meanwhile, here we've got all five of them wandering around in a place absolutely infested with Black Ajah and their spies, and in some cases wandering around literally right in front of them in the case of Egwene and Nynaeve in the tower, and not a single one has acted.

Trying to pull off a kidnapping in the middle of Tar Valon sounds like a highly risky endeavor that could draw the Tower's scrutiny in dangerous ways. Maybe it would be worth waiting a few days to see if the false visions sent to Siuan successfully result in her sending the kids right where you want them...

Oh, they did! Great, no need for that risky kidnapping idea now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

El Grillo posted:

I swear to god I've seen a set design like the ways before, either in a game or some film or TV - a dark hexagonal stone floor pattern, with a load of almost crystalline-lookinb hexagonal columns coming up out of it at different heights. Am I going crazy or do any of you know what I'm talking about? Lol.

There’s been a dozen examples so far, I’ll add Lucifer.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/lucifer/images/4/40/113_Lucifer_in_Hell_11.png

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

How are u posted:

Honestly the thing that I liked the least about the episode is that they gave Lan a 'family' of sorts. Lan-Nynaeve romance is a bit rushed but eh what ya gonna do, it's TV.

Chomposaur posted:

I think whatever poo poo that goes down next episode is going to set them on a new trajectory -- maybe cause Lan and Rand to shut down and distance themselves out of duty or fear of getting people killed.

One of these things is going to solve the other. RIP family.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

gently caress yes.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That's kinda the thing of it, I want to know if they had these kind of conversations because as I said earlier, making some changes for the different medium and limited time/budget sits fine with me. Making the Eye a ruined location and not the magical traveling grove of trees and a Nym makes sense to me and ultimately doesn't change the overall course of the story. But making a change like they did with shielding/whatever to Moiraine has weird implications for the story down the road, and I want to know what kind of conversations went on in justifying them. Of course if they can deliver on what they're doing all is forgiven.

They have someone (Sarah Nakamura: https://wot-prime.fandom.com/wiki/Sarah_Nakamura) whose entire job is to determine what the consequences of their changes are, so they’re certainly discussing them.

Rafe’s AMA posted:

I have Sarah Nakamura (our incredible WoT goddess) talk me through the long-term ramifications of any changes so that we know what's going to happen. Sometimes to drive her crazy I will send a casual email that's just like -- "Hey, can you work up a long-term ramifications list for if we kill Thom?". And just keep going like it's a totally normal day as she collapses as a human being. Then tell her we're not going to kill him. I think it helps keep her on her toes, but she probably disagrees, haha.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

enigma105 posted:

It's pretty much "wrap them in weaves of air" from the books, but more visual. Just haven't gotten earplugs or eye masks yet.

We got earplugs in season 1 while Logain was captured. Not visually, but someone told Moiraine that it was safe to talk in front of him.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013
Mat thought he was being all clever and badass with his cursed dagger-spear, and then he ended up nearly killing his friend with it. He’s dropping that poo poo like a hot rock at the beginning of season 3.

Pleads posted:

Loial seems fine so it can’t be too bad.

Yeah I want to see the explanation on this. Rafe said in an interview that Loial has some nasty scars when he takes off his shirt. I wonder if that’s something we’ll see next season, along with some story about retreating to a stedding to do some handwavy Ogier healing thing that wouldn’t be possible for Rand.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

Devorum posted:

Real weird how many hoops folks are jumping through to explain "uhhh...we had to write this real quick don't think about it too hard it's fine", to be honest.

Everyone knows why they bungled the poo poo out of the end of last season. We’re just speculating how (or even if) they’re going to patch this plot hole because the persistence and unhealability of the knife’s wounds is about to become important. Harder for them to ignore this going forward than it was during season 2 where it didn’t really matter.

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

Mat Cauthon posted:

- Similarly, Moiraine nuking a whole fleet of Seanchan ships from...3...5 miles away? I get they wanted to give Rosamund Pike a big scene for this season but it just didn't make sense.

I hated this the most. (I saw the other day Sanderson has this in his top two as well.) I said in the show thread back when it aired: they already introduced sa’angreal at the end of season one. All they had to do was have Lanfear shove one in Moiraine’s hand while she’s saying “you’ll know what to do when the time comes” before booting her out of the Ways. Maybe she overdraws it and it cracks so we don’t have it solving problems forever. (I don’t think there’s precedent for that in the books but I wouldn’t complain.)

Mat Cauthon posted:

- Not sure what they were trying to do with Siuan at all this season, felt very much like a fumble.

They were trying to do the bare minimum, because the actress was busy.

its HIM fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 11, 2023

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013
Did The Tinkers Ever Find Their Song?

Forgive the Reddit link. This thread has gone quiet and I found this interesting while looking through Brandon’s post history, as one periodically does.

Jordan’s notes posted:

The tinkers never do find their drat song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013
Interesting bit from Brandon’s C2E2 Q&A. When he proposed Perrin wound Master Luhhan as an alternative to the fridging, he actually wrote it out for them. He said Rafe fought hard for the change but it was the Amazon execs that refused to allow it. He implies Amazon’s meddling is an ongoing issue.