Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

otoh, I could totally see Denji giving her a good “settle down, Beavis” and also Power deciding she’s cornholio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I just got done reading all the chapters out over the past couple days, and I only have one thing to say:

Halloween

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

hbag posted:

just started chapter 81 and man

but that's every chapter??

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fire Punch feels like it suffered from Fujimoto not really knowing where he was going with the plot. Like there’s all of these hooks and characters that get set up, but then they’re just kind of unceremoniously dropped. And everything after Agni’s flames going out just kind of felt like a meandering mess that he didn’t know how to end.

It makes CSM really impressive, because it seems almost meticulously well planned out, with great payoffs for all the subtle things set up early on, so I think Fujimoto kind of learned from it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Why would Makima kill Snake and Katana Man? They were doing everything she wanted them to!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

quote:

In contrast, on SNS there are opinions that the Mappa studio’s “Dorohedoro,” the animation production company TRIGGER would have been the ideal direction for the Chainsaw Man animation.

Lmfao

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think she just doesn't like the taste. She tried a bit and didn't seem happy about it...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It's 1997. Turns out having no nukes or warfare makes it a bit difficult to have a Cold War.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It won’t work, because there’s no way Asa thinks she owns Denji at this point. If anything, she thinks Denji owns her.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I’m pretty sure that the death devil appearing in the flesh would be some kind of dramatic apocalyptic event. Every devil would flee the region instinctively, and the death toll would probably make the gun devil’s massacre look tame.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Big Leg posted:

if it makes you feel better, asa is also extremely cool.

Asa is many things, but cool is not one of them.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Hace posted:

He didnt notice the eternity devil getting exploded by an aquarium spear because he was looking at a penguin

I mean, who can blame him? It was a very good penguin!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

All of the rules will just be basic etiquette and manners that Nayuta got sick of Denji not doing. Denji naturally thinks following the rules is pretty much impossible.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

I'm starting to suspect Makima is a bit of a girlboss, at chapter 75.

"aw, so the gun devil's already dead, darn i guess all this buildup was for a swerve" me, completely foolishly unaware.

The Future Rules

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I said The Future Rules

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

There was a conscious decision (that the director explained in detail) to make it look more like a movie instead of looking like an anime, which people generally weren’t thrilled about.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I am shocked and horrified that the people who didn't like a thing didn't buy it. Some of them may have even left a negative review of said product, or criticized its creators.

Mortifying stuff.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nayuta is...correct here, though? Like, 1000% correct. Denji asks “why can’t I date her?” And she gives the incredibly accurate answer of “because she’s clearly just trying to kill you, and also I’m pretty sure she’s a devil.” And even Denji kind of agrees with the logic there.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I feel like when Death shows up, we’ll know. Like, Darkness was enough to turn everyone nearby into a gibbering mess just by existing near them, and Death has gotta be an order of magnitude stronger than that at least.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think “primal fear” is more of a subjective term than an official list or status or anything. They’re just things everyone is generally naturally afraid of.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The burning devil is just Agni from Fire Punch.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I don’t think it was Yoshida who gave him the blood. Given Yoshida’s (vaguely defined) motivations, he’d probably be more than happy to just have Falling take Asa to hell and then gently caress off.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nuebot posted:

In theory if she's killed in Hell, wouldn't that force War to reincarnate back on Earth?

War is already on earth though. They could just skip the effort and do nothing if that's what they wanted...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Denji doesn’t fight for something gross and pathetic like justice! He fights for an infinitely better and pure reason: to get laid

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito posted:

Denji doesn’t fight for something gross and pathetic like justice! He fights for an infinitely better and pure reason: to get laid

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Or people would just prefer that the government not embark on a campaign of mass censorship and repression of ideas that would make 1984 look like a gentle breeze by comparison.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yoru is a big softy who could never bring herself to kill Asa. She'll just continue lying to herself about how this useless loser is somehow vital to her goals, no matter how obvious of a fig leaf it becomes.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Donkringel posted:

there is no humor in Firepunch. Only sadness. And fire.

One of the main villains’ primary motivation involves genociding all of humanity in the name of watching Star Wars. The gently caress do you mean there’s no humor?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Scholtz posted:

I wonder what the Future Devil thinks about all this

All of it sucks because it’s the present or possibly even the past.

Next chapter loving rules though.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

4. Kishibe has finally just hosed off and retired to sip guzzle down gallons of margaritas on the beach

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I’m pretty sure Denji would be ludicrously easy to bribe instead of threaten, so I’m not sure why they aren’t going that route and just offering him like a million yen to gently caress off.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

For all of the horrors that the devils bring, a lot of the horrible things that exist in our reality have also just been straight up erased on a conceptual level. Like, living in a world without war or fascism or probably a dozen other societal issues that haven’t even been mentioned makes up for things at least a little bit.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DeadBonesBrook posted:

You'd think mankind would have invaded Hell by now, see how those assholes like it for a change.

Mankind can't invade poo poo, there's no war!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I have no idea why you all think Yoshida is some bumbling incompetent that can’t tie his own shoes. So far the only thing he particularly failed at was controlling Denji, a task that even the physical manifestation of the concept of control couldn’t even pull off.

And assuming this girl is part of his plan, he might even actually be able to do that.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

galagazombie posted:

Because she's the Bizarro of Asa her name is the reverse, Asa.

Quick does anyone who knows Japanese know if the way Asa's name is written could possibly do that? Can Japanese reverse syllables like that at all?

It’d be “Saa(サア)”

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I like the continuing trend of everyone in Public Safety being a lunatic weirdo.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

Yoshida’s competence is rapidly plummeting each chapter. Yeah sure assign Denji a cute lady bodyguard that LOVES the fact that he is chainsaw man, he’ll never transform to try to impress her or anything

Counterpoint: a cute girl with a few dozen screws loose who loves Chainsaw Man is probably his best shot at distracting Denji for a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I hope they give zero explanation for it ever.