Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bucky... :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

morbid comedy, cool devil designs, the tragic death of a beloved character, a door. i couldn't ask for anything more in the first chapter back

Sleng Teng posted:

Chainsaw Man FTW

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the antics of bucky never really hooked me because i was waiting for the shoe to drop

:catstare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i for one remain a fan of Fujimoto continuing the trend of Devils early on being the manifestations of fears of completely silly and almost totally harmless things like tomatoes, sea cucumbers, and now chickens. at this point i eagerly await the Cotton Ball Devil

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hace posted:

I hope bucky keeps coming back and dying again.

i hope he comes back and lives and teaches us all a valuable moral lesson

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dexo posted:

There is no way that Denji joined the Devil Hunters club. Litterally zero.

is it possible that Nayuta did and he appears there because of her for whatever reason? i don't remember if it's ever specified how much time has passed between Part 1 and Part 2, but maybe she's high school age now and able to conceal her devil side? dunno, i'm just spitballing. kickass chapter as usual.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

There can't be too much time passing between chapters because Denji turned 17 at the end of the first part so there's a limited amount of time he could be in school.

i meant more along the lines of him being in like his early 20s now and picking Nayuta up from the club at the end of the day, for example, although rereading the chapter now it was explicitly stated that he's going to the school in addition to Yoshida being here meaning that not too much time has passed, so frankly, who knows

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

debating between if the third member of their team will be a really kickass undercover devil hunter like Yoshida, or she just ends up a cadaver to highlight that it's really, really loving stupid for a high school to have a Devil Hunter Club

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The heights devil would truly be a powerful devil too.

Oh god there is probably a devil devil

and then also a Devil Devil Devil, and a Devil Devil Devil Devil, repeat for eternity

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

...there's an LN?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

so what would happen if Chainsaw Man ate the Devil Devil? :thunk:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

much more of a casual chapter than i anticipated, which means the wait for the next is going to be even worse

goblin week posted:

Yuko is 100% gonna die

:smith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

I do wonder what Yoshida's game is because he has to have realized something is going on what with the sudden changes in personality.

i'm predicting keeping War on a short leash in the vein of the Public Safety devils/fiends from Part 1 where it's some semblance of "work for me or you die"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i talked about it with a friend but i think the last two pages of this chap especially highlight how movie-influenced Fujimoto is given how atmospheric the framing feels. it's so ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

absolutely worth the wait

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

is there a trolley demon

according to General Motors there was

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

absolutely losin my poo poo at the last two pages this week. just incredible stuff

this entire chapter was fully ftw. interesting to see that despite all the publicity and market value Chainsaw Man holds that public opinion on him is really diverse and mixed, and also a hearty lol at Denji just chopping into the cake with his hand after being denied silverware. God i love this manga

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im losin my fuckin mind

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

real cool piec e of lore too, with the reason there havent been any real wars in a while being that chainsaw man ate part of the war devil. it makes so much sense!

yeah, might've been explained in part 1 and it's been so long i forgot, but i've always figured it was an all-or-nothing thing where either you exist or Chainsaw Man eats you and you vanish from the collective subconscious, i never considered that just taking chunks off a devil would cause it to accordingly become less of a presence outside of fiction. also makes sense that the War Devil's real form is so diminutive and nonthreatening when they've lost part of themselves to Chainsaw Man. this manga owns so hard it's almost unfair lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i don't know what i was expecting from that chapter but it wasn't all of that, god drat. Asa slowly frowning after Yuko tells her she's murdered someone is such a slight but fine detail, Fujimoto is just purely ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

wondering if Yuko will end up reading Denji's mind and then we have two people trying to convince Asa that he's Chainsaw Man

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

i'm going to spend 0 seconds of my life engaging with people complaining about chainsaw man animation leaks on twitter or reddit or whatever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

going to give my opinion on the anime quality based on an iPhone 8 video taken from the J section of the theater. hurrr

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fake fan

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's either coincidence or more likely some really demented speculation

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it 100% is just stupid clickbait since otherwise you're looking at at least 9 chapters adapted per episode from here on out and jfc no

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ghosthotel posted:

This is what got sent to me and I was like “what????” https://imgur.com/a/bYcSYir

what the gently caress lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

internet jouranlism...ftw...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cuntman.net posted:

every episode is going to be 3 hours. cant wait

this but unironically

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mazed posted:

So I read this on a whim and got up past the storyline where all the Makima poo poo went down.

I'm not sure I get it. That arc was wild but like, in a sort of nasty gently caress-you End of Evangelion way as opposed to a fun way. All the best characters are dead and it's seemingly shifting gears completely story-wise rather than trying to actually follow up on what the gently caress just happened.

I'm down for rereading in case I'm missing something, because there's a definite soul to the storytelling, it's all just so hard to feel particularly invested in.

i think that's a complete misread of the tone CSM is going for. it's extremely gruesome and bleak but fast-paced enough and interspersed with enough humor to make it the darkest comedy possible. there is no point where Fujimoto is actively hating the reader, only trying to portray the world as it is: a hellscape where life is - at best - p. much meaningless in the "you can die at any point because a devil wanted you to" way (in addition to even being a commodity considering the stipulations of contracts). there's even the factoid that i can't remember the specific of, but devils kill more people worldwide than homicide, disease, accidents, etc. a lot of people we barely get to know die because that's just what happens in hellworld, your best friend could be splattered in a nanosecond for no rhyme or reason, only because the Grenade Devil crossed the street in front of him. to stop and ruminate is basically suicide; i can't remember the exact quote or if it was said by Makima or maybe Aki, but devil hunters need unbridled confidence, and wavering in any way from that even 1% will kill you. so, there's no slowing down, there's no reflecting, only moving forward. this world is frenetic, it's horrifying, it's survival of the fittest, and that's what Chainsaw Man is p. much all about imo, and why we're rooting for Denji to make it out unscathed at the end of it all despite all the odds stacked against humanity at every possible chance.

^^^
that spoiler above is from part 2 but it's nothing major, only if you wanted to read it in context for yourself

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im also going to fire a cerebral bore at your skull for implying neither Denji nor Kobeni are among the best

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

epic K-On! crossover potential if/when Fujimoto introduces the Death Devil

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ah poo poo, it's Kobeni isn't it? Kobeni was secretly Satan this whole time.

dont u even dare loving imply tjat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:staredog:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rabid Boar posted:

Her earrings look like scales, which could represent both Justice and Famine. Her eyes are like Makima's, though, so I'm leaning towards another Horseman.

pretty sure they're chainsaw ripcords. i'm on the "it's Nayuta" side of things, taking into consideration the swirly eyes, and especially that, well, what could be considered a "little sister" to control? how about the threat of justice?

e: nvm i actually misread the line, i think

symbolic fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 25, 2022

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's because she is a gremlin creature who likes messing with people. topic locked