Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not so much that I like it, it's that it made me laugh for several minutes straight.

(Source)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Whenever someone goes "there are no good isekai" I just remember yakuza reincarnation because it is incredibly good, and the world is genuinely really fascinatingly designed
Isn't "there is no good isekai" shorthand for "there is no isekai that is good, where the central mechanism of isekai can't just be replaced with generic fantasy intro #92834, thus negating the entire point of calling it isekai except to try and leverage a fad"?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Clearly speedlines need an indicator of magnitude.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

good avatar/post combo

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:hmmyes:

Finally someone who isn't Danish, who's managed to understand what hygge means.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

As long as the characters are adults, I don't mind occasionally-horny (because that describes life pretty well) - but I did giggle at the Drawn By Hentai Artist tag on baka-updates, when I added it to my wishlist. :v:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:mood:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That's very powerful.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I always appreciate these kinds of messages
Where's that from?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You know an image is evocative when you can hear the thwack.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Suleman posted:

...honestly, I was just amused by the manga title itself.
That accounts for a not-insubstantial amount of manga that I link.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jiken Jaken!
If you can manage to ignore the fanservice, of which there is a bit too much, it's got some surprisingly good gags at times.
Haven't finished it yet though, so who knows where it ends up. I'll keep reading it for the gags unless the fanservice becomes too much.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sometimes a manga will make you feel seen:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don't think those anime guys know anatomy very well
are you kidding me? fujoshi who draw yaoi are masters at drawing hands, and i salute them for it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dang, that's a big :mood:

Also, there's apparently just one chapter left to be scanlated?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

That chapter is heavier than most but I enjoy the Gap moe the two characters have for each other based on their JAV persona's vs their actual personalities.
I look forward to seeing it, because even just the tags on baka-updates suggest it's definitely my sort of thing and I don't mind if stuff gets heavy at times so long as the ending isn't depressing.

That chapter is heavier than most but I enjoy the Gap moe the two characters have for each other based on their JAV persona's vs their actual personalities.
Now I'm confused; there's a series listed as pre-serialization which has 10 chapters, and was listed as completed.
Then there's a series that was adapted from the pre-serialization series, which has no chapters out.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Best I can tell you is that the author originally released this series on their Pixiv and then it got picked up for an official serialization. The Pixiv comics were just transplanted to the new site with no re-draws or re-writes from what I remember since Danke and Boredom society started translating it before it got picked up. So if it was listed as completed, it was because it technically ended in one sense on one site.
Ah, well hopefully it's as accurate as it can be now.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wow, this one hit me right in the feelings.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Adnor posted:

That's just any reader of a romcom when they start reading a new chapter.
:hmmyes:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

While I appreciate the absolute poo poo of this tiny manga, I wonder if it might've been better posted in the romance thread?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EVIL Gibson posted:

it could have been posted in both, but it's more funny than romancy.

up to the poster.
Yeah, that's fair - that's why I postfixed my comment with a questionmark; to indicate that it wasn't meant to be some sort of dictate, and more of an opinion.

Larry Parrish posted:

threads are a conversation, not a pile of posts related to a topic.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah its an ongoing visual gag that her ahoge gets bigger every time she appears.
:laffo:

I didn't even notice that, I just thought it was some funny faces. :v:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I-it's not like I want to know where that's from, okay?!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Namtab posted:

But piss isn’t stored in the dick this is all biologically wrong
I'm just speculating here but maybe it's both the dick and balls that are separate, in which case it makes perfect sense since it's well known that piss is stored in the balls.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That person is very right, blushing and nervous laughter is very powerful.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah but not everyone is like you and it takes half a second to put spoiler tags up
It's considerably less even on a computer, since you can use ctrl+p to create a set.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

We have a thread for good dogs, where it's also a good idea to post which manga it's from. :sun:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

dordreff posted:

Yotsuba&!
drat it, you're making me want to read Yotsuba&!

..it doesn't take much, because the series is one of the best ever written.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

Art style reminded me of Oh My Sweet Alien which made me incredibly sad since the author of that passed away. :(
Holy poo poo, I didn't realize that. They passed away at 34. :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hint: You can use ctrl+p to add spoiler tags around the cursor (or around a highlighted line).

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

I am merely human. I can’t scrape thousands of Wikipedia articles per second, nor can I come preinstalled with basic contemporary knowledge.
Just off the cuff, it's easy to come up with a reason why it'd work similarly for robots; it could be that the majority of their processing power is taken up simulating the sort of activity our brain does, because they'd be fairly thermally limited in terms of how much heat can be dissipated.

There, that didn't even take a minute, and doesn't doesn't really involve anything outside our current understanding of science, except for the notion of being able to simulate the human brain.

I've no idea about the robot manga, but it's fun to come up with ideas for how science fiction worlds work.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko has a very very subtle romance plot with two female-coded robots, one of which starts out as a maid of sorts.

It's not manga, but Hal from 2013 is also quite good.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Julias posted:

i believe it's called a Who-Man
hosed up if true

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm a fan of doing the best beam, but that ain't it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Whenever I see a manga or anime with a fan like that, I always think of a character going "Wareware wa Uchuujin da!".

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Horimiya is loving great.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Isn't that why we read Dowman Sayman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spookydonut posted:

In the volume extras for 100gf

:laffo:

I haven't read it (since self-insert harem manga bores me no end), but considering everything I've heard and seen about it suggests that the MC barely exists, maybe I should once it's finished?