Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The true insanity to me is that you're ok with changing something as fundamental as your name but not the uninspired flag. Autearoa could do way better than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

This is an actually good modernistic flag

https://twitter.com/Mjmccleary/status/1643299162602225664?t=DnIrnLYL2ZXmU2pRs2r-OQ&s=19

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's a great design.

For an airline frequent flyer card.

How would you know, no one flies to your country

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

As a nordic cross haver, I'm deeply jealous of Greenland and Sápmi. They're the only ones of us who get it (although the sami flag green makes it look a little busy and with more contrast shading it could pop more)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

all these dumb nerds trying to turn everything into a japanese prefectural flag that looks like a logo for an airline from the 80s

you are a mean man with a regrettable sense of taste :mad:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

my sense of taste is impeccable, go back to r/vexillology

No it isn't, and how 'bout you go back to prison instead

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fictional California flag: lmao drawing it badly is the best joke I've ever seen, ahahahaha, owned, second-biggest state, put some fries in that burrito

Stop insulting my people's cooking :( :sweden:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

My humble suggestion is that flag creation contests should only allow entries from japanese tattoo artists

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

BonHair posted:

The Swedes and the various separatist "countries" can gently caress right off too, God gave Denmark the flag, all the others are just rip-offs.
Also I'm pretty sure the white represents god's truth or whatever, and the red represents the blood of the Estonians we were raiding converting

You totally stole yours from the crusaders. Now you're blaming us for understanding colour theory and making the thing look good

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I hardly think all those people suffering under the evil Danish crusaders appreciated anything about that harsh flag design.

They certainly didn't after we liberated them
if they had any sense :argh:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Snowy posted:

Maybe they just need an alternate dark version for winter

We did, it got replaced in 1905 with the light blue+yellow version. The original swedish flag was dark navy blue and gold. It looks more regal and dignified but also, you know. Oppressive.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

the old royal french flag is elegant in its simplicity, but ofc i understand that it has been marred when the nazis and confederates started using it

How many wars have you won lately

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What they really should have done is not call them states, and beat anyone still obtuse about pretending they're like actual (nation) states with individual rights and laws and stuff. Unions are for labour.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Angepain posted:

i have to respect this for taking the "star inside the crescent moon" variant and making it even more physically impossible. neil degrasse tyson is going to be pissed

And that's why astrophysicists do not get paid to create iconography. The singular value flags and symbols should have is "looks good and can be facsimiled with 5 seconds of stressed graffiti". Anything else can be sorted by post facto justification nerds

Also tricolours are dumb and scandinavian cross flags were a mistake without a federation

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's a Nordic cross!!

You're a nordic cross!!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

BonHair posted:

It's a Danish cross and should represent greater Denmark, including current Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Iceland, Northern Germany, England and Newfoundland.

https://i.imgur.com/zcQb9RU.gifv

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 14, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

It's a colourblind texas flag. It's like building a new car and making sure it looks exactly like a cheap Ford. The others at least have an identity.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

It’s a flag that looks like a flag. It’s recognizable, understated, and is going to hang vertically really well. It has a unique design element that feels like it should’ve been invented at some point before this.

It’s just a Good Flag. It’s not a bold statement about a new direction for flag design, it’s just quietly very very solid. And I think that’s great!

Everything you like is everything I want to punish

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I mean if the rightmost field is a high contrast colour to the blue, like the white of the polestar, that would make 1953 look better.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

the light blue is ugly, otherwise it's an ok flag

Yes

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Castles look dated as hell but people still like them, it's allright

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Depends how much you like licorice flavor I guess.

Confirmation these are all nordic flags

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

You're arguing for the Arabic equivalent of putting Tolkien elven script on a flag. It's an ethos, but are you entirely sure about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Y'know, for a genuine new forums joiner you sound a lot like every random old perma'd goon