Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

An Elite Miko doesn't fall for the Ring Fit trap that took so many of her colleagues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGiEn5JwmQE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

pezzie posted:

Same. I am a lover of metroidvanias and even I couldn't really get into Hollow Knight. I admit that when watching people like Ina play, the game definitely deserves all the praise it gets, but it just really isn't for me.

I like my metroidvanias more trashy like Bloodstained.

Same goes for me. It took me a year of on and off playtime to put 13 hours of play time into Hollow Knight, so I can see why lots of people like it. I just found it frustrating and tedious.

And then I went and played 40 hours of Bloodstained in a week, spending a good percentage of that grinding rare drops by walking in and out of the same room ad infinitum.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I can't believe this shark actually looked up speedrunning strats. I thought she'd just muddle through but she studied.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Kiara did some digging to find out what exactly Hololive Alternative is, and from what she was able to glean, it's a multimedia project made up of manga and animated MVs from a variety of creators (there's a place to sign up on the website), with the focus of building an alternate world or something like that. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's a full anime.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Tabletops posted:

? You have to set the age group when you upload a video though

But that doesn't explain Coco, whose channel I still can't set notifications for because it's apparently marked as For Kids.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Coco? Aside from that one week where YT was out to get her, her stuff's been turning up on my home, recommended, and sidebar normally, so I don't think there's any problem there.

Does she appear in your alerts, though? I can't change her notification bell thing to anything, and instead get a popup in the lower left corner that says:

This action is turned off for content made for kids LEARN MORE

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

The common fix is to cancel your subscription and then redo it.

Thank you, that worked. Just youtube weirdness I guess.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Renzuko posted:

Now i wonder...did the subtitles translate that as just cutting his balls off, or does pikamee just know what gelding means cuz she went tea mode instantly.

Subtitles appear say, "去勢してやれ" or "castrate him". So close enough.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

for some reason kiara unlisted her waiting for ina stream archive. it's still there, but no longer in her video list. I wonder why? it was a really popular stream and everyone loved it.

It's still there. You just have to switch from Uploads to Past live streams in the dropdown.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The stream isn't unlisted or anything. You just need to go to the Past live streams section.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

antisocial democrat posted:

Yeah, I don't know how to get Youtube to notify these properly. They really should just show up on the Subs tab for members.

I think the only way to find ongoing ones is to look for the post in the community tab, which only sometimes gives proper notifications. From what I can tell there's no way to see live members-only streams otherwise, not even from their channel page. Gura isn't even listed as live in the sidebar.

It's super annoying.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Ardeem posted:

The real friendship ending game is Dokapon Kingdom, where you can do things like renaming other peoples characters make them wear ugly clothes.

Sudden flashbacks of the time my friend robbed my items 4 times in the same turn, then stole the town I just saved.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

Ina's W101 stream made me realize both how little is tutorialized, and how easy it is to ignore some of the things that are for just long enough for the pop-up to leave.

Platinum's favorite method of teaching you how to do new techniques is forcing you to buy them from the shop, where the beginner player might decide not to take the recommended item and frustrate themselves. It's great.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

I was yesterday years old when I learned that Gura's pre-Hololive persona had over 1 million subs. At the time no Hololive girl had a million yet. So she entered the game with a significant advantage. And she's so meme/clippable the first syllable of her first stream went viral. Some people are just born to hit the weak points of their cultural zeitgeist.

IIRC, said persona only hit 1 million subs after Gura hit it. Gura's popularity (and the not at all well-kept secret) actually pulled that account up over the 1 million mark.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Viridiant posted:

Pomu has rocketed up to be at the top of my favorite vtubers along with a few others pretty quickly. She's really fun.

I was thinking about this earlier, Pekora is definitely one of the most influential as far as making the Hololive Minecraft server as good as it is. Which others do you think are essential to that? This isn't to say that everyone hasn't contributed in their own way, but I don't think the Hololive server would be quite as vibrant and fun and full of character as it is without a few of them being so creative and inspiring others in their own creativity.

The awe-inspiring might of Haachama's builds is pretty cool, imo.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

EN curse lives strong, turning everybody into pngs.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

e: :stare: Hololive EN + ID Mariokart tournament

They have just short of the maximum number of racers in a single race, so I wonder if they're just gonna all go in at once.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Guess I'll watch more.

Enjoy your stay in the rabbit hole. We have zombies doing math.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhpmHQuR_cA

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, OtakMori has the dubious honor of being called out by HoloLive representatives on the subreddit as being incompetent which makes me wary about watching any clips they make now.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Kyte posted:

I only know Sushi as Subaru's primary clipper.

You might have just mistaken Sushi for this because Sushi's youtube avatar is a picture of Subaru :v:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Reminds me of how Ame's voice sounded incredibly different during this call when Ina overslept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-I17yeOHM

Probably a combination of her using her phone to answer the Discord call instead of her computer mic and having just woken up.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

A whole lot of them use Dova Syndrome music. IIRC Amelia's and Matsuri's BGMs are from there, too. The relevant license appears to be (paraphrased) "Free to use for streams and videos where the music isn't the primary content. Credit the source; some composers might have different licensing requirements, but mostly go nuts".

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I'm a big fan of the one Ollie uses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzk3bqEu6g

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

does walfie do actual work for hololive or is it something they do on their own and hololive asks permission to use

I hope it's the former, their renditions are really simple but honestly perfect

I think they commissioned him for the April Fools Live 2D stuff, but otherwise it's mostly just fan art. He does it for just about every vtuber at this point.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Robviously posted:

I'm just happy someone other than me remembers Slayers.

My most used username is a Slayers reference, and my current PSN is literally SlayersReference :v:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Carteret posted:

"phone voice" and "customer service voice" are absolutely a thing. If you listen for it you'll start to hear it more and more. I work in logistics and used to work in the call center and some peoples phone voices are dramatically different.

Yeah like Subaru :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESp_qOM6pr8

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly the least sympathetic part about the Holo Bass thing was when they posted about how they could DMCA the charity stream as it was running, but because they're Not An rear end in a top hat™ they will benevolently not do it.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Is he the guy who made the Amelia Mr Fox remix?

That's the one that put them on the map.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of Artemis, I semi-recently discovered that Artemis of the Blue has a name that is very similar to ArtemisBlue, someone who is vtuber adjacent because she mostly just does Beat Saber with an anime avatar. Makes me wonder if that's had an effect on either of them, algorithm-wise.

Actually does ArtemisBlue count as a vtuber? I don't even know.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I missed Amelia's dance party, so if y'all got any clips from that please share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOjb_ifPPw

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Renzuko posted:

someone posted a mega of it the day it happened...

Or if you'd just prefer the full stream on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7JjPvWlqA

Nice! Thanks!

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

like nobody needs to try and find out where pomu got her navajo sand curse for example

Okay now I need to know if this is a real thing or if it's just made up for this example, because honestly it could go either way.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

sb hermit posted:

I dunno how you set up your youtube but I don't see any of the irl identities crap

so I don't see youtube recommendations as an excuse

There are apparently some channels that will have clips with IRL identity stuff privated so they can get into the algorithm and then turn those stuff on. So it happens.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

real thing her mom touched the sand and pomu almost died

homeless snail posted:

Its nothing to joke about. Navajo sand curses are real.

I am reeling at this revelation.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoF4AEL5jZc

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

When the Minecraft Apomulypse and the Apex Olliemageddon collide, the world will change forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Is this it? Is this peak Gura?