Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

wheatpuppy posted:

Man I was just thinking, as I scrolled, "haven't seen the Eames chair in a while." Then in the VERY NEXT PHOTO, bam there you go.

That one at least looks used and loved.

As the owner of a Knoll Pollock chair for my day to day office duties, an Eames lounge is on my major want list after I stop moving around and living in tiny apartments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I tried to contribute to Youth Decay's thunder by using my home town, but hats off to you because it's a ton of work.

If you want some Victorian goodness, Louisville, KY has some choice houses up, even with the market very hot right now. For those not familiar

Wikipedia posted:

Old Louisville is a historic district and neighborhood in central Louisville, Kentucky, United States. It is the third largest such district in the United States, and the largest preservation district featuring almost entirely Victorian architecture.[2][3] It is also unique in that a majority of its structures are made of brick, and the neighborhood contains the highest concentration of residential homes with stained glass windows in the U.S.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Louisville

One of my favorite places to go and take out of town friends is Old Louisville, but they're very prominent throughout the city. I spent my high school years in an original fire house complete with old fire hydrant. Amazing woodwork and original floors, but it was a pretty modest building. Many of them have been broken into multiple apartment units that house some of the poorest city residents, including uni students due to the proximity of the local state university there. I and some of my friends spent some time in a few of these and had an original fireplace + mirror and 12ft ceilings.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 28, 2021

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

actionjackson posted:

two new runners

:3:

Congrats

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
LOVE LOVE that Miami apartment

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
i really want one. they're insanely comfortable chairs.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

actionjackson posted:

I would suggest visiting any open house for an expensive property listing, you will prob find 5-10 and can just steal one

i remember in my nightmare telling my mother that I hate leather, and also it doesn't work with my space.

There's a mid-mod guy that deals only in Eames and Herman Miller on instagram i follow so there are a lot of those chairs. It's funny how often they show up in these listings as I don't really think they're that rare/precious. The rosewood ones definitely, but the regulars aren't hard to get. I guess that's also why they're so common.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Do pacific crest trail tomorrow!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Love they’re not afraid of color!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Youth Decay posted:

It's much cheaper for builders/flippers so they tried to make it a trend.

Shelves and open cabinet doors are my #1 red flag for poo poo build quality in a building remodel.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

please give carrot

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

thotsky posted:

Interesting. For sure there's some houses like that about, but this particular style a lot of us would probably describe as an American affectation.

It’s what we in this thread would call a “McMansion”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Magic Hate Ball posted:

yayoi kusama's infinity shitter