Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Exposed ductwork got me thinking... has anyone seen an example of plumbing being used for a secondary purpose, like a railing? You could have a poo poo sewer pipe from an upstairs bog running down the side of the stairs for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dareon posted:

Sounds like a bad idea on the face of it

So you're saying it not only happens but is rather common?

Thought of another one: a poo poo tube going through your wardrobe, for hangers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'd imagine Penn Jillette's house has see-through sewers. I don't know why but I do, now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

actionjackson posted:

why would you hang your hats in your bathroom

Insufferable nerds drink shower beers so of course they also have shower fedoras.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the pillow that's staring at me menacingly but also sexily.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Having a TV at a sane height is COMMUNISM

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've sat in these in the original surroundings, and they're really weird because they're not uncomfortable at all, but have also been designed to not be comfortable enough for people to fall asleep in them, and force good posture:

But that's what I'd get if I were rich.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sometimes people have parents who have stuff and then the parents die. And the parents also had parents, etc.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Science Goy posted:

Those aren't cracks, they're fissures large enough to swallow a Balrog

They're fine lmao read another book.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

just another posted:

This is the original:

This is what we're thinking:

(higher-quality laminate)

Probably leaving the oak paneling because we still have bad taste, but maybe a light grey on the walls instead of the current green-grey.

Thoughts?

I'd personally prefer darker floors but we're probably not removing the paneling until we sell the place (hopefully many years from now) and the mockups don't look so hot with dark floors & the oak panels, e.g.:

Wall and floor the same colour. Don't be a coward resale value is NOTHING.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just go to the paint store and ask for "Hermann Göring uniform" -colour paint.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

ah yes, the common hallway fireplace :wotwot:

My apartment in a house built in 1876 originally had fireplaces in literally every room, including the vestibule (which is the closest thing to a hallway it has). Why would you want a cold hallway?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't really sleep last night, and I saw the chair back and ORB in the foreground as Danny DeVito looking at me over their shoulder.

I think I'm going to bed right now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Buttchocks posted:

I have so many questions about the basement pit.

Pretty sure it used to be a bath.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I love all the open bookcases directly opposite huge un-curtained (or blinded) windows that you see ITT. I guess the glass could be UV-protected but still.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hutla posted:

I live in an apartment, so I just look longingly at photos of places with colored walls.

I live in an apartment and I've got a green room, a yellow room, and the most soothing room of all, the red room:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Imagine putting books on a curved bookshelf.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I once organized my books by colour (and then size) and it does look really nice, but it's very stressful because there are so many edge cases.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Only 15 of these cars exist in the world and one of them is being used as a room divider:

More photos can be found here: https://jalopnik.com/why-on-earth-would-you-morons-think-this-is-my-condo-1827920724

I bet a wall would've been cheaper.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Who puts a full couch in their bedroom

A bedsit, innit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

People can see when you're pooping.

OK thanks for the info.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like how the fireplace is full of firewood that can't be used for anything since the fireplace is full of firewood.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

In a cop show that's the room where the leads discover a second ritually-murdered hooker at about the half-hour mark.

drat, we just used to play Afrikan tähti and Kimble.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

A lavish lifeless 2 story foyer of useless space that exists solely to impress guests. A big useless space in a mcmansion that proves you are rich and fancy enough to have a big useless space. Often done in the style of a high end office or hotel.

e: examples

The table is to put your shopping on while you take off your shoes.

Except Americans are animals and don't take off their shoes so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

The chair right next to the table would be real handy for putting shoes on and off too. But that will never happen, because that picture is from america. It's like there is an ancestral memory of things that should be in a foyer, but it has become untethered from reality and now includes pianos.

Yeah I have both those things at home but I actually use them for said purposes. I am not exaggerating when I say my life was poo poo before getting them.

It's still poo poo but at least my vestibular situation is vastly improved.

I do not, however, have a piano. Makes u think :thunk:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

NOT ENOUGH RECTANGLES! I WANT MORE RECTANGLES drat IT!!!

I wish I could find the video of Markorepairs (the cofe time for to talk in english and my vhs collection guy) putting up kitchen cabinets put there's like 40 000 videos and he's insane.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The starting price for this at Bukowskis was 150€ :eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Not to be confused with a birthing stool (these often get labeled as milking stools in antique stores).

"I'll show you a birthing stool"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Like something out of a dream. (edit: by which I mean "dream logic")

Also, cool indoor pool thing:

I like the carpet and the window panes. Everything else I don't like. Thanks for reading.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Interior design is my passion.

This pic kills me:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Fix It posted:

beastmasterj lives to kill again

A 48-year-old female! nurse-turned-carpenter did this to their birth home after their mother died. Here's the exterior:

e: Your's for only 68 000€

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Combining orange and pink is a bold vision I haven't seen before.

I kinda wish I still hadn't.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They added more pics:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

a art has appeared

Oh poo poo waddup.

I think it's a cat rack.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nosre posted:

get on the dutch's level (though apparently this is Victor Hugo's house in Guernesey)

Victor Hugo was an oven hermit?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Did I just install a paper cup dispenser inside a kitchen cabinet? Yes.
Did I screw it in at a noticeable angle? Yes.
Why the gently caress? Because it was there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Man that's ugly. The facade especially.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Apart from the stairs, it's "suburban congregation house built just before the recession" except all the details are even worse.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why haven't I been able to find stylish plastic bookends to go with my big green elephant (which is a coin bank - I calculated it could hold at least 5000 euros in change)

Everything is so boring and/or pretentious nowadays. I need colour.