Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

hell of a time to catch up to the manga eh

LESSGOOOO GOJO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

still kinda weird to me how basically only japanese people can do all this at scale

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

gojo would be even better if he had huge baps

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

The reaction trend to bloated endless shonen being these bangers that kind of stumble over themselves in the back half trying to satisfactorily wrap up is very weird to me. Let these fuckers breathe! Same issue as demon slayer here, I guess weekly format catching up again

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Also yuji got her soul book and big bro got to show off his strength and survive

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yuki and big bro could've got a beer together, this tengen guy seems like an rear end in a top hat anyways

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

all three MCs have died at this point anyways, just start killing all our new characters from this arc too so we get more balance.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I wonder what kind of woman she was into....

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I'm just glad Gojo's having fun

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

needs to find an older body before they kiss

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Jujutsu Kaisen Manga Thread - I don't have a clue what Gojo is doing

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

maybe she'll get a tearful goodbye and a confirmed bricking in the anime lmao

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1694485928683728959

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

that's so mean of the OP lol sigh

the hand over the eye?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

clapping like a loving seal

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

honestly, I liked it after reading. I'm also not entirely convinced he's dead and not just on deaths door, considering his head is wholey intact and Sukanu looks like he wouldnt/wont/will be to preoccupied to go for a capstone killing blow. But yeah I do think this ends the fight and Gojo will be out of commission for quite awhile

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sure she may be absent, but have you all considered that gojo just may not give enough of a gently caress about her to draw her in like his childhood friends?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

You think Kashimo is actually getting a fight or is it just gonna open with his dead body next chapter?
Won't even show the body, never mentioned again

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Mindblast posted:

I want Sukuna to deal with pachinko bullshit.

gonna make some insane disgusted faces as he's forced to learn the rules for the rest of his very long/short life

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

He wasn't willing to obliterate megamis body, so yes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

feel like poo poo just want todo back

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I think some of the annoyance there comes from the fact that Getting Gojo Back was a major part of the entire Culling Game arc which people were already kind of turned off on, so having him revived and then dying near-instantly kind of is a sour point.

I honestly don't have a problem with his death (and kind of thought it was inevitable) but I do think the exact point it happened felt a bit weird and rushed.

Edit:
And as I mentioned before I think it suffers from the fact that aside from Yuuji everyone we started the series with is dead/effectively dead so people are probably a bit more negative about Gojo's death because it means we're down to Yuuji and a bunch of basically nobodies (and the prequel squad who I know some people consider nobodies but I like.)

this is maki erasure, we got neo-toji and everyone is still hating smdh

Nighthand posted:

Gojo's story is ultimately one of failure.

We're repeatedly told he's insanely powerful, and shown it. But we're also repeatedly shown that, when the time comes, he doesn't use that power correctly and he doesn't accomplish his goals.

Hidden Inventory is his foundational moment, where he fails to protect Riko and, after, sets the stage for repeating this kind of failure by questioning what he's been told all his life, that he's some kind of sorcerer god. His sentimentality also allows Kenjaku to steal Geto's body, leading to all the other events in the manga.

Shibuya is also his failure. After striding into the place like he's all-powerful -- and sure, exercising some of that power -- he ultimately fails to save people, fails to take out any of the major villains except Hanami, and gets sealed away. He's self-confident even then, putting his faith in... Yuta, mostly, which still hasn't come to fruition.

Then here, when he's unsealed, he fails to do anything in the immediate confrontation, and fails to defeat Sukuna now. It was inevitable narratively, but ultimately unsatisfying for reasons others have mentioned.

Even his decision to allow Yuji to live and keep Sukuna locked away, being a present danger, is arguably a failure. We'll see how this ends up playing out, but Gojo's whole arc is really just about him making bad decisions, failing to use his influence, and offloading the burden on others who he really doesn't properly support, train, or assist.

and this is why gojo rules

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 9, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

JJK killed Americans and folks, I aint gonna take that sittin down

yeah cuz im standing up clapping

e.fb

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

meimei can do nothing wrong hth

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

Evil Giorno

false, he did not create a single tree

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1714364678409781520

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I thought choso was just imagining an alternate reality where the tragedy didn't happen and all his brothers lived together peacefully. Doesn't seem that deep

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

when you have an IQ of 420,000 you can just do poo poo like that, its nbd

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

they're gonna become friends and start a duo routine

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

goated chapter, gently caress the haters jujutsu is fuckin BACK BABY AWOOOOO

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 27, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sending him on a suicide mission for no reason would be funny, which definitionally would make it not a suicide mission. Paradoxical.....

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

:cry: do the set of your dreams big bro

excited written on his face

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

12 chapter beatdown between the two most hyped individuals in the whole series? i sleep

budding manzai bromance between the main villain and a side gag character? real poo poo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

he'll puke his guts out and die but scuttle away as a lil braincrab and Takaba will allow this because kenjaku will go "weh weh weh" the whole time, which is pretty funny

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Pretty funny.... For a modern comedian

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

So, the Americans were only added to the plot to explain how Steve Harvey showed up?

i'm here for this twist

KENJAKU, name five things that an edo period lady needs in her bedroom

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

genderbending icon, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

kenjaku, laughing brightly as he’s splashed with Fanta: “I’m going to loving die here”