Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

i flunked out posted:

Anyone else get the feeling Okkotsu isnt really trying to kill Itadori?

He just stabbed him in the heart with a sword, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Not sure how I feel about this manga killing / maiming most of the female cast???????

Nobara better loving live.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Silver2195 posted:

I don't want Nobara, Maki, or Mai to die, but I don't see anything wrong with giving them some scars. Their character designs will be extra-distinctive now. :v:

Scars and stuff are cool, but i think its funny that Megumi and Itadori are looking pristine after this last arc. I think JJK has some of the coolest female characters in a while so for the them to be so thoroughly thrashed this last arc is like ehh. Shounen mangas always have a hard time dealing with the female cast and im not against the characters going through hard ship. When you look at it Itadori is the protagonist with the super power, Megumi supposedly has some great destiny, but where does that leave Nobara, Maki, and co? I want them to kick rear end. Nobara especially has a really cool ability for a shounen series and i really like her atypical personality.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

Itadori has two facial scars now?

🤔🤔🤔🤔 You're right! What about Megumi hes looking way too pretty!! And im sure Gojo is gonna pop out of that prison looking like he's in a shoujo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

yum posted:

The scarring stuff seems to be inline with the whole old establishment vs youth thing. Badass anime ladies with scars are gonna kick some rear end and people like Naoya will probably be made to eat their words

I like this angle.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Doesnt this seem pretty hosed up like wat kill 20 people with powers or 100 normal ppl??? how are our heroes going to manage this game lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Man im still iffy on the whole culling game thing but i do like stupidly elaborate HxH setups so whatever, I hope he nails some good twists regarding the rules and the heroes or villains twisting stuff to their advantage.

Also at the end is that a normie inheriting nanami's CT?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
get their asses

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

The Notorious ZSB posted:

There is no way that's what gets printed in the volume publication.

Yea it wont get published like that. It may even be fixed on the app chapter release. Just means he missed the deadline for the print edition as thats where the RAWs come from. Theres been a couple of MHA chapters like that back when I followed it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
i mean its obv not intentional, cmon. Its very clearly the rough posing for the characters. Unfortunately more common than should be necessary in jump.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
hes bleeding from his eyes and mouth and not moving and he basically gave his life to get his guy the kill shot and Maki owned them. He dead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I think one of the main things is that they move really fast then touch you and then you're stuck inside their animation cursed thing and you don't know how it works and they do.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Cursed Technique: Double Post - By posting the same thing twice, I increase the cursed energy of the thread, and all those who read it suffer reading the post twice!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Lethemonster posted:

What did Mai leave in Maki's hand? It's the panels where they revert to both being kids.

She used all of her energy to create a cursed tool for her, which was a charm in the dream world but when Maki woke up she was holding a sword.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Gege's Editor: So you want to spend 17 pages detailing how lovely our court system is with no curse fighting or cool stuff happening at all? In Shounen Jump?

Gege: Yea, deal with it. :frogc00l:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
its gonna be hosed up when itadori punches this guys head in :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Isn't the thing with these randos getting curse power that they have ancient sorcerer cursed items inside them and are gonna get possessed by ancient bad guys? Cause I think it'd be sweet if we got a new teammate, especially an overworked guy to replace Nanami but isn't it more likely this dude says "None are free of sin!" and bangs his gavel on Megumi's head?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Megumi Frogiguro: why is the scorpion stinging me!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think Megumi gives a poo poo. He already warned her, that if she backstabbed him she would regret it.

oh yea hes totally smashing their faces in next chapter, but I thought it was funny that she had a scorpion design and he "trusted" her to take him somewhere and it reminded me of that parable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yuji will simply normal punch him, to death

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
This is peak JJK - as good as anything else that has come before. Its so good. A great new character in an interesting situation with our main :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love that theory and will now be sad if that's not what happens (unless what does happen is even more awesome)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I like that analogy of writers as gardeners vs architects. An architect is like "I think it'd be sick for a defense attorney to defend Itadori against his own technique now lets make that happen" vs a gardener who plants a defense attorney character and then is like "hmmm what would happen here if we did this"

Personally, I'm an architect, I want a ninja to do a badass flip so I create that ninja full form out of my brain and command him to do a flip. Does it rule? Yes. Does my creative writing professor like it? Hell yes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yea he wasnt willing to murder Yuji over the pachinko thing but because he is in a literal death game. The pachinko thing was just a way to limit Yuji's cursed energy to make him easier to kill.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Wow this poll is busted, though understandable since Nobara has not appeared in like a year... but no Maki???

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
All the new sorcerers in this arc have been aces.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Now that the chapter is officially out I reiterate that this is maybe some of the strongest stuff fight wise that JJK has had, and its great to see Gege finding new heights this far into the run. Introducing very solid new characters AND some fantastic quirky fighting techniques, golden!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Really digging the in depth details on the different domains and their counters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Gnarly, though the art is kinda rough in this chapter overall.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
This middle panel is really sick - it has such a great "feel" for the movement, I can see it animated before my very eyes

This whole fight has been good and I dont even necessarily like Okkotsu

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1506/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-180

Fun way to end this one

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Shounen manga are just setups to allow for fighting to happen. Go to a place, do a mission, fight some guys, etc. I think "tournament arcs" are clear distinctions in the normal formula because there has to be some greater set of rules applied over the normal logic of the universe.

I think this fits that definition, even if it lands in a subcategory of tournament arc. The manga has contrived a way for a bunch of sorcerers to fight instead of the normal sorcerer vs curse mechanic.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Char posted:

Jesus christ what did I just read

"Don't transmit utter crap like that into my mind" is the only reasonable reaction

So good. Pachinko is bollocks, definitely one of the most obfuscated forms of gambling in existence and it is utterly brilliant to make a domain based on it and to transmit the rules, which are basically a lovely pachinko game, into your opponents brain. Its like information warfare for fighting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
my domain would give me a gun, which i would shoot the other person with

wait gently caress thats already in the manga!!

my domain would drop my opponent into a very tedious TVIV thread where all the posters have latched onto some inconsequential detail of a tv show and derailed all conversation to be exclusively about the inconsequential detail - it would be an "instant kill" domain because the other person would kill themselves immediately

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Still behind, but aw, Nobara. :(

Spoilers for the whole series: I honestly cannot believe Nobara got dispatched with like zero fanfare. Is she gonna show up again!? Is she gonna even be mentioned? Its honestly ridiculous. She was a main character!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Given the bad situation at the end of this chapter I have a feeling Hikari is gonna clutch it out next chapter

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I Am Fowl posted:

The big bad with the stitched up skull is like "NO! You were supposed to kill everyone in this colony!" "Man, have you ever eaten a dorito? Or pizza? OR ICE CREAM?!"

the amount of extreme nacho cheese flavor in a flavor blasted Dorito would have the same impact as 100 black flashes directly to kashimos head were he to try one

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3810/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-190?2022-07-08T10?2022-07-08T11

Mildly surprised getting kashimo on their side actually happened and for the exact reason we thought! And manga guys alive! that Maki panel is so loving sick too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
These kinds of chapters are easier to digest in a binge read, but are a little less exciting on the weekly release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Chapters like this remind me of Bleach when you'd get into those multi fight sections and you cut away from the good poo poo to see like the 2nd least popular arrancar fight the third least popular SS vice captain or something.

I love Maki though, just wish she was involved with something a bit more engaging!