Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid enough to know how the Psycho Mantis fight handles not having a 2nd controller plugged in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
DK mountain? They're finally bringing DK64 to 64 online! I can't wait to waste HOURS of my life collecting all the bananas and other poo poo for all 5 of the Kongs...

Oh.

:(

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i need the N64 castlevania games to be on NSO

No, no you don't.

No likes Reinhardt.

Serious edit: the controls would be a nightmare on a joycon. You'd need one of the actual 64 controller peripherals to have any fun at all.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Chronojam posted:

You're really gonna argue about Castlevania with a certified Dracula appraiser?

Yep that's a Dracula.

That'll be $200 thanks.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Oooh I HOPE THEY CAST JACK BLACK AS A SINGING GANNONDORF/GANON...

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
1.5 hours of "HEY, LISTEN"

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Maybe they'll cast a lady to be Link

edit: Kristen Stewart for Link

ScarJo for Link, but in Japaneseface because FUUUUCCCKKKKYYYOOOUUUU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
They should bring back amusement park-style "interactive experience" movies.

Every time Link plays the Song of Storms they turn on the fire sprinklers.
Link plays the Song of Storms every 5 minutes.

Morgan Freeman for Great Deku Tree. But it's just his face CGIed over a normal Oak tree

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
I hope the Braid re-release contains save states, fast forward and other tools that

trivialize Blow's stupid message about obsession or whatever

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
I thought the point of the Persona series was you enter people's minds to unfuck their hangups/quirks?

I bought Balder's Gate 1 and 2 EE. How do they play on switch/controller/joy con?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Broadly, yeah, you probe into Jungian brainscapes born from teenage anxieties and/or wanton misanthropy. How the games actually present and deal with that material is more of a mixed bag. Sometimes it is a heartfelt and resonant lesson in internalizing that you deserve to love yourself, sometimes it's an old man leering at girls in bikinis and the message is that it is bad, sometimes it is the poo poo mentioned upthread.

Surprisingly well! It's a port of an isometric mouse and keyboard RPG, so it was always gonna be a bit clunky, but they've made it work as well as could be expected.

The only issue I had is that BG2 specifically is prone to crashing if it's been running for several hours, which is easy to hit if you've been using sleep mode.

Thank you for both!

I played the poo poo out of BG1 on PC. Does the tutorial do a good job of explaining the control transfer from a mouse to controller?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Ramie posted:

"oppose society's pointless rules.... in a socially acceptable way!!!!"

From my time in Japan, this IS Japanese culture, though.

Japanese anti-culture "punks" almost uniformly have the exact same haircut (remake Cloud Strife) dyed in different colors. From observation, they still stick very close to Japanese social rules (bowing, formal/polite conversation).

So it's not really surprising at all that for those of us in the "West" it would seem like a tonal disjunction.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
I haven't seen it mentioned amongst Paper Mario 1 chat, but the first Mario&Luigi RPG, Superstar Saga (not the 3DS remake) is available on the Switch Gameboy Advance emulator.

Expansion pass, I believe?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Was Ice Climbers a bet to see if they could make the worst jumping physics in a game?

Because if so they did an admirable job!

Original Prince Of Persia.

Evidence: playing it once at my neighbor's house when I was about 8 years old.

Edit: Mario Bros 2, Peach. Talk about floaty...

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 9, 2024

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

otter posted:

No, that's not it. I'll look for it later. I really have to do work stuff right now. It was something on gamepass a few years ago. So it was somewhere between 2020 and 2022.

Visage

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
They released Extreme-G and Iggy's Reckin' Balls on NSO.

With Acclaim/Iguana games now getting put on, wonder if we'll get the Turoks?

Edit: vvv Are they? Phone posting so didn't have chance to look.

Actually, gently caress Turok. FORSAKEN!!!

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 24, 2024

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Argonaut's defunct, but Ubisoft published it, so it's not entirely impossible we could see a similar twofer of Buck Bumble and Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

It's incredibly unlikely, but a man can dream, dammit! :negative:

Rocket was fun when I rented it from Blockbuster back in the day.

I want Space Station Silicon Valley. Take-two published it, so it's possible.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Probably going to spend some of this paycheck on TMNT: Cowabunga Collection.

Any word on a Simpsons: Eat My Shorts collection? I would kill for the Simpsons beat em up arcade game on a home system.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The rumored AR camera

Yeah, why hasn't there ever been a motion-tracking camera peripheral?

I bet it'd sell GANGBUSTERS and be totally well-implemented and not busted or buggy at all...

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I'm feeling a burning desire to wipe my old Animal Crossing save and play again but I assume nobody else is playing anymore :(

I still play, as a method to feel like I have some control over my life. :(

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Has the Nintendo store always had so many $2 hentai games?

Yes, ever since the N3DSXXX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Put Faceball 2000 on the Gameboy emulator Nintendo you cowards!

Make it so we can play multiplayer online.

Unlock the locked/hidden 16 player mode

Faceball 2000 99!