Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Translations should translate not add epic memes. See also Pokemon diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ironic listening to limp Bizkit is still listening to limp bizkit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Listenable and limp Bizkit do not belong in the same sentence

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone who doesn't think treno is the dopest poo poo can get out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It wouldn't be the first time a king had a queen spirited away somewhere out of sight and out of mind

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It looks terrible

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Vinny brought this up in his Metroid Dread finale and now I'm curious too. Is Final Fantasy the series with the most numbered sequels? He didn't mean the most games, like there might be 25 Madden games (making up a number) but they're named after the year they were released. But with Final Fantasy 16 on the way, are there any other games that are for example Super Mario Bros. 16, or higher? The only one I can think of that comes close is Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV, which is still less than Final Fantasy by one even if you're only counting released titles.

Fallouts on its 76th game. And Marathon has infinite games

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

14 is the worst final fantasy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The zolom has blood pooled under it I believe

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FF1 is really fun and one of the best games of the series.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That would be so unimaginably awful I can only assume it's going to be true

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Aeris needed to die because she was a boring character.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was like five years ago tops

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And they never did

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

Is there any interest in a FF7 Remake AMV done to Guns n' Roses November Rain? I mean I'm doing it anyway but I'm just curious

Only if it costs as much as the original video

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zil posted:

Do you think we will ever get a remaster of the original FF7 like 1-6 have? The remake had me go back and start playing the steam version of FF7 and it is just showing how poor of a port it is.

Someone will do a garbage ai upscaled version and people will trip over themselves praising it's vomit inducing graphics.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I've ever hated anything as much as this image.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ah yes, getting stuck at the Wiegraf battle with no way to leave and restarting the game from the beginning, the authentic FFT experience.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

get to the halfway point then restart the game because ramza is too weak for the one on one boss lmao

Best advice, don't be bad at games liked these two.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean they weren't wrong. Zidane and Goku have ninety percent the same origin

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crossing the bridge in FFI was cool as hell. As was going to the floating city

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ai control in RPGs is generally fine. Especially in a game with such a limited action set as P3 FES. Ninety percent of the time the ai is going to make the same decision as the player, but now you don't have to select three characters worth of redundant options.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The clothing is far too normal in VII to be only one generation removed from the clown closet that is X's wardrobe.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I have no opinion on FFXV except, why the gently caress is her name Cindy? Cidney is right loving there. Pure incompetence.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Well I've never played the game, but that's stupid. She should've been Cid and her name should be Cidney

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Localisation loving us over once again. First Aerith and now this poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It shows up in like the second chapter

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's there for the lads whore bad at games, but still want to beat it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

I also miss front and back rows, although it's not actually in any of my favorite turn-based systems like SMT or Chrono Cross.

Like half of em do my dude

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the compilation stuff on its own isnt terrible but all of it being tied to bad or at best mediocre games during one of square's dark ages left a bad taste in most people's mouth imo

Genesis and Deep ground suck rear end and no amount of revisionist thinking will make it not so.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not the one I was expecting

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do you think Hojo also has a Nobel Peace Prize?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The real trip is that Boone is also Myron.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The expansion of avalanche and the reconning of Wutai to still be an active enemy polity to shinra are both really weak. You lose the ragtag band of utterly outmatched and outclassed misfits fighting a hopeless war against an incomparably powerful and malevolent entity feeling. And then they replaced it with dumb timecop bullshit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Disgustingly Scottish

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Junon is my favorite city in FFVIIR, so even if they cut off the next game at Nibelheim or something (assuming it doesn't just go completely off the rails and still has a similar travel structure) the fact that its gonna be the biggest city has me extremely hyped. I cannot wait to play some kind of fishing minigame to help local fishermen somehow and then have a complicated QTE to do the marching sequence

What's it look like in VIIR?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Korea is a real country in VII the same way South America is a real continent in Pokemon.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Started playing the Final Fantasy VI. Figured I'd give it another go to see why people are so into it. Got up to the escape from Figaro. I'm pretty sure the last thing I remember from playing it years ago was just after that when you meet the pirate lady and escape.

First impressions. The intro is pretty bad, I think they want you to get a feel for how much more power ful you're gonna get later in the game, but raiding narshe with denim and jean is exceedingly tedious. Your far more powerful than every encounter, but your forced to wait for the Guage to fill before you act, compare to your dragon quests or SMT where your immediately either making decisions or reacting to the enemies moves, it's boring. And then they compound it by having the first boss's gimmick encourage waiting. It's bizarre what a terrible foot forward they put.

The parts up to meeting Locke and escaping are fine if uneventful. Locke himself feels like they wanted a cross between Han solo and Indiana Jones, but comes off more like an ineffectual Nathan Drake. I can't wait until I can ditch him and Edward. Which also Edward is so lame.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

Like, do you just not like the ATB system that's in over half the games?

Correct, It's not a good battle system. The function of it is to drive tension as you wait for your bar to fill, however what happens is you spend the first 15 seconds of each battle just waiting for no reason. They could've just started the battle off with you're fastest dude or enemy going but they chose not to. There's zero reason for the game to ever not let you make decisions and I'm surprised the system remained for so long.

This is not to say the Mechanics in the Battle System are necessarily bad. I honestly have no idea I haven't really had to engage with the combat at all. And there's plenty of games with interesting systems stuck inside terrible battle systems, like every rtwp game ever.

NikkolasKing posted:

FFVI is a good game but holy poo poo it is incredibly boring for the longest time.

The difference in my level of excitement for the intro of If... and this game are palpable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What an incredibly useful description