Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That looks like it would induce coffin dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The UK condenses its geological hazards into that one terrifying little stream which may or may not be the most dangerous body of water in the world. The Bolton Strid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCSUmwP02T8

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 21, 2023

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

His Divine Shadow posted:

I don't believe that, rooftop solar is also pretty terrible from what I've read, and solar in general is terrible in european latitudes.

Frankly the idea that this 800m2 monstrosity is somehow ecologically friendly is offensive to me, rich people logic who need to soothe their conscience.

My average size house in the land of L covered over half it's energy consumption with a single-facing rooftop array this year, after it sent 18% of produced power back to the grid (our battery's not big enough). And we use ~double the domestic energy average. I can absolutely see a property like that providing the bulk, if not all the power, for three or four houses.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 10, 2023

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Gonna be a bugger to get the lawnmower out of that. Rubbish.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The distant sound of every carpenter laughing at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO1acDsSWo&t=636s

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sevalar posted:

Just don't mention transgender stuff he he, uh oh spagetti o.

That made me look up what happened.

If this thread terminates here then no great loss. gently caress that guy.