Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
I like the transition the last few weeks from CIA Black Site to eastern European vacationing home, that wen’t bankrupt in the finishing stages.

Seriously though it actually starts to look very nice(especially for someone like me, who knows nothing about building houses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Slate cladding is on the rise for new builds in Denmark. Seeing more and more of it. Not sure of the cost though.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

goatface posted:

How do they fare in a good storm?

Haven’t heard of any problems. I live by the beach, and many people have this type of cladding.
We get maybe 2-3 storms a year, so I believe it’s fine.

It’s also popular in Norway, and they have rougher weather than us. Especially along the coast.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

10 Beers posted:

Wow, I really like the way that looks!

Agree - but you really have to design it well. Some houses goes all in on the black cladding, and you can quickly go full retard

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
We paid a company ~£350 to do a full survey of our house. Just to be sure we didn’t miss anything obvious, which would screw us in the long run.

Took half a day of the guy checking stuff.
Everything was fine according to him, and we got a certificate, etc.

Got the house in March - fast-forward to October when we started the heating.
Apparently all heating to the 2’nd floor didn’t work. The contractors who renovated the place(and we bought it from) cut into the heating pipes when they laid the new boards.
Assholes just emptied the pipes, disconnected the pipes from our central heater and laid the floor.

Then in retrospect we wondered how the guy who did the inspection, didn’t bother to check if the actual heating to half the house actually worked.

Insurance luckily covered it. The repair price ended up costing ~£15000, due to some moisture damage between floors.

That’s my story of surveying being a waste of money

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Not sure it matters (or honestly if I'm even correct lol) I'd call that an "inspection" where "surveying" usually means measuring/marking land and boundaries. Might just be a language thing too who knows. Why am I even posting?

Got it wrong..

It was an inspection - not a land measurement guy. I thought that was what you meant by “survey” to begin with. :saddowns:

To mention it as well. The government(danish)mandated inspection the seller needs to have made, didn’t catch it either.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Heres a new fun thing I've discovered just this morning.

Can you wipe it clean with a cloth?
From the picture it looks like dirt/debris from whatever work you’ve been doing.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Try posting from the connection when you get it up and running. We can check the QoS.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

buy a full stack implementation from oracle
oracle exalogic X9-2, oracle linux, oracle cloud@customer, OCI, run VCN, oracle autonomous DB, plonk down your workloads, easy peasy

I'm sure you can pick an x9-2 up on ebay for like $20k

The licensing will cost more than the house, including the fees for the attorneys for license compliance of course.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I sleep in a normal house with my wife.

Is it normal shaped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Can we start some fan fiction about the L

Maybe it’s U shaped now