Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
This thread got me back into SomethingAwful after the Reddit 3rd Party app fallout, it's been really good poo poo - thanks OP and posters. Nothing quite like a multi-day read of a good thread on SA.

Haven't read such a good thread since that one epic thread years ago....it was a Vegas guy (CentripedalHorse or something) who became homeless and similarly documented his trials and tribulations of eating hot sauce with whatever he could find, camping where he could and lots of dramas along the way. Would love to read that again too.

Oh, and that guy who was gonna treck across a big chunk of America with a loving wheeled CART, and barely got out of the national park he started in, despite everyone's advice, so loving good.

Not to side-leech off of this amazing thread, but any other recommended legendary threads with epic OP-journeys? I have archives here, so i'm all ears to bookmark some classics.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

NotJustANumber99 posted:

no spoilers for this thread please

Hey now, you have biscuits and a PVC hotbox shipping crate to fall back on. Get some sausage rolls and monster munch in, it'll be a great life if the project falls on shakey foundations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

How much they payin you OP? Can't wait to see the horror adaption!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Been waiting for this the entire thread

Is this from 'Complete bathroom overhaul - a sad, builder-grade sack of tears' - I have this thread marked to read next. Just read the Hiking across America - Raisin awareness again, so good. I've missed good rear end threads.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I started reading this last night, loving it already. Brb cutting down essential beams :mrwhite:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Been lurking on the sidelines enjoying here as ever. I wanted to chime in with the internet situation, I assume things are a bit different now. But when I moved into my first flat in 2014, it was this weird conversion of an old school building, and we couldn't get internet. It took four months for BT to hook us up proper because the place had no connection (What were people doing before?! The building had other flats in).

Fun random facts about this old flat:

The place also had fleas which we learnt while there(!), no isolator for the shower, a weird under-kitchen-sink water heater, and we learnt ALL about hygrometers and humidity because the place was soupy with no central heating and broken storage heaters. When we moved out the backs of all our lovely 'babies first tenancy' furniture from ikea was coooovered in mold. Every tradesmen that would eventually come to fix something would be like drat what is this place?

No water bill and no official postcode listing when you'd order online, no wonder it was 400 quid. It was almost like those generic lovely apartments you see TV series characters move into in America. Minus the cockroaches touch wood [ i guess?]

Random tangent........I'd imagine you're gonna be a bit hosed when the drill & van man comes. Hopefully it's not a 4 month wait!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I wonder what's transpiring in the L shaped hell right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Solefald posted:

I'll try and drag him back but I don't think he'll listen to me. I miss you 99.

Just don't mention transgender stuff he he, uh oh spagetti o.