Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Binged this whole thread over the past three days, gently caress what an incredible ride. Looking back at the initial install of the C3P0 arm you didn't trust it then, almost felt like foreshadowing this latest round of nonsense. Great job all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I could adrian newey the gently caress out of it and create something like this?

Like an aerodynamic heatpump wing to direct air away from the fence smoothly rather and butting straight into it?

There is a solution here that you're not considering. You know that extra-huge foundation? Dig a trench underneath the house and port the air intake for the heat pump through it. Would redirecting the intake on a unit not intended for that cause undue wear on the fan motor? I'll be honest with you, yes. Would it pull dirt inside, further accelarating the unit's maintenance and replacement timetables? Of course. However would it allow you to get the maximum functionality out of the unit for the time it does survive? Almost certainly not, surprisingly.

I feel like it checks all the boxes.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

They are absolutely going to send a guy out with a drill.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Towards L shape architecture: Don't worry I haven't calculated the loads

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Towards L shape architecture: I did briefly wonder whether I've done this in a dumb way but decided its probably fine?

Bluestars can't be reported, so I quoted this so someone can do the needful.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

people ask me this. and I'm like lol, how bad are you ar your water and power? just have them right next door to each other? as like a challenge.

lol I have no idea

Do you want to have to build a second plant room? Because this is how you end up building a second plant room.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Starbucks posted:

A one hour YouTube video? Who has the attention span for something like that

My brother in Christ that's all YouTube is trying to be now. Hbomberguy convinced like a quarter million people to watch him wax philosophic about Deus Ex for two hours and it opened the floodgates.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Amphigory posted:

I mean, that sounds like the perfect choice for this build

Especially if he gets them cheap, with a good story

Only if it turns out 3/4 of the way through the install that they're ultralight stone-look Styrofoam blocks.

Leperflesh posted:

yes just click on this little graph on the bottom

Don't forget to click it again on long or particularly sketchy posts so you can see the aftermath of NJAN's colorful descriptions of his crimes.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 12, 2024

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dysgenesis posted:

I'd probably lay them closer together.

Gonna need at least... 10 times that many, too.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dysgenesis posted:

Every time 99 shows a picture of anything my immediate thought is "I wonder if that needs to be that complicated."

I presume the answer is always no.

See, I always think "I wonder if overcomplicating things to this degree has any value" and I estimate the answer similarly.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TheMightyHandful posted:

Not saying it won’t, but I wouldn’t count the cost savings until it is confirmed to work.

No no, we need these posts

To look back on when he brings the system to actual pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This thread is an excellent answer to "why do the trades exist and get paid better than most?"