Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, they would have picked like green or purple for the blood spray, or just erase it digitally from every frame. It's a short segment so it wouldn't take too long to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the MHA movies have places where they could slot in canon if they decide they want to do that, but they're honestly so crazy I'd prefer they stay ambiguously canon.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's a different studio so they'll probably get new Op and Ed songs and do animations for them. I'm looking forward to it actually.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait are you saying a different studio is handling the anime now or just the OP and ED?

The show was so popular it's a two studio deal. This second studio has been allocated 6 episodes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they made a good call by making a new Op and Ed for SPY X FAMILY, both were entertaining and had good music.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

cptn_dr posted:

His name is clearly Mr Dog.

Yeah that's what Anya calls him so that's his name.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tunicate posted:

Yor needed to get a different angle so she could see if Anya was in the back seat before causing a car accident

It's a hundred percent this. Yor knew that Anya had already been kidnapped once and there was no guarantee that the terrorists wouldn't try and do it again.

Have I mentioned how much I love this cour's OP and ED? So good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love Bond's little bow tie.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yor tried very hard to cook dinner that wasn't poisonous, it actually looked good. Honestly she should get Loid to give her cooking lessons, he's pretty good. Then of course they could bond over shared experiences and move their fake marriage a step closer to a real one.

Kiss your wife Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Annointed posted:

I'm sure Spy Family won't do an Usagi Drop.

Loid already has a wife, with papers and everything so it's nice and legal.

Kiss your wife Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

She has her own baseline intelligence which is enough for a girl her age, just not really good enough for a girl enrolled at a prestigious school.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah Anya lied about her age definitely, and that's at least a year of cognitive development behind her peers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At the very least he is a threat to Operation Stryx and Loid's and Yor's wedded bliss.

Kiss your wife already Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I use en voices on FF so I didn't notice, but that's a great detail.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yor is playing a part still. Remember she was basically mother to her little brother the Secret Police agent. So she's always had this dual sided nature to her. She worries a lot too about being a good mother because she isn't aware of Loid's secret and thinks he's a simple psychiatrist. If she lets the mask drop she's worried she'll be arrested even though she's actually immune to prosecution.

Also there was an interview where the author admits that assassin Yor is difficult to write for and still fit into the family unit. So she gets çomedy routines instead of stabbing people to death.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kiss your husband, Yor.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Detheros posted:

I think they should kiss each other.

Anya bumps into Yor, Loid trips over Bond, parent trap this poo poo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Twilight doesn't wear a special costume when he works for Operation Strix, but Yor does wear a Thorn Princess outfit so things would be weird with Yor because she's clearly going to freak out at Loid seeing her in her assassin getup.

I also want to applaud the Yor sequence animators, they did a good job and a kudos to the storyboard artist as well..

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 17, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No matter how intelligent he is, Bond is still a dog with dog instincts. Perfectly normal for dogs to experience jealousy, my parents dogs do that all the time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If Yor's first swing didn't dissuade her she's got serious delusions of competence if she thinks she can compete with a super woman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If I'm reading that situation right, Yor made a killshot and Fiona only barely dodged and tried to return the serve. Do not gently caress with Yor.

Edit: Except Loid, feel free to tease your wife a little, Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We've seen the aftermath of her first mission. So much blood, an ocean of blood.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kiss your wife Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Which would make it a sewing needle.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well they had one wife but she seemed kind of stalkery so they omitted her from the list.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

In order to get 8 Stella in that length of time would require heroic scholarship or just plain acts of heroism.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sankara posted:

Why isn't she just copying a smart kid?

She apparently doesn't sit close to any smart kids and her telepathy is pretty short range.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like episodes with the dog. So this was a good episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Should have gotten those girls to understand each other instead of just letting them have a one way attraction to bondman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was some good Anya. She really just should tell Loid about her powers, I bet with his brains she could even use them to cheat on tests!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah this mission is going to take years and if Loid is having problems with mission creep now, he's going to get deep into family by the end.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kiss your wife Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A joke they don't go back to but that I found hilarious is that the "show bedroom" when Loid decks his room out to look like a married couple lives in it is 100% newlywed style complete with two "yes" sex pillows. Which are his and hers pillows you use to signal if you're up for doing it that night.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It'll probably just be costume pieces.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Again with the sex pillows, I'm starting to think Loid doesn't know what they're used for.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We know if Loid wanted to he could seduce Yor, but that won't help the mission and he won't admit his feelings so here we are.

Kiss your wife, Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I foresee one of two outcomes here. The one I want is they do a big arc that climaxes in a profession of love change of status quo and a big kiss. The one more likely to happen is they save it for the big finale.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They lost their one success in human testing and somehow misplaced one of their more promising animal subjects. The entire program is top to bottom flawed, getting burned to the ground is the least bad thing that can happen to them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yor has the figure of a young housewife, she shouldn't, logically, be able to do that. And yet she did, so Loid is presented with a literal paradox and his brain is rebooting trying frantically to assimilate this new information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He's such a good boy and Loid takes for granted how smart he is, I mean he understands at least a thousand words, which is way smarter than your typical dog who tops out around 200. He understands cause and effect and can even have aspirations and fantasies, he's basically a dog shaped person. In any other show this would break suspension of disbelief but Spy X Family is so outrageous that a hyper intelligence dog barely moves the meter.