Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thread needs a tag. What about ?

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Franky's voice is very good

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I heard "peanuts" in there, I'm curious to know if it's actually a whole song about the show instead of just only kinda relevant J-pop like a lot of OPs

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm sure Loid could pull off the look since he is a master of disguise and all.

I think/hope that Loid could do that Lupin III thing where he could be anybody with his ridiculously good masks

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

macabresca posted:

So the filler really has been implemented well because it felt very natural. I read the manga a few years ago and I remembered something about catching a thief so I assumed it all was in the manga and I just forgot

It was. Loid had a better Bond one-liner though (though I get that's just a translation choice)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I remembered most of this episode from the corresponding manga chapter but had totally misremembered Loid punching the table as him actually decking the douchebag and then ELEGANT guy saying he deserved it instead of doing it himself.

Regardless, Loid's subconscious breaking through his years of spy experience is still my personal favorite moment of his character thus far.

NowonSA posted:

I mentioned it in the manga thread, but when I started marathoning the manga at roughly the time the anime began it was the "We brought a third outfit" reveal that had me struggling to breathe I was laughing so hard. The panels for the reveal are so amazing, I wasn't expecting it at all, and I found it hilarious that the third outfit was the most fancy/formal of them all. I don't think this is a spoiler since stuff like this comes down to personal taste, but I think that's still the comedic high point of the manga for me. I'm still expecting plenty of great things from the anime though!

Yeah I love that it starts normal with the housemaster saying they looked like "commoners from the countryside" and by the end Loid busts out a loving top hat from nowhere.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Grimmjack/status/1515840008208326658

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've been waiting for Drunk Yor since the start of the show and this episode did not disappoint.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Unless he tasked was to take her out, then he would probably come up with a plan for it.

Detailed plan for neutralizing the Thorn Princess:

1. Get a bottle of wine
  2. Get a SECOND bottle of wine
  3. Game Over

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It can be two things!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: nm

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Yor has incredible power and now Anya has it too

Just evolved from Psychic type to Psychic/Fighting

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, (extremely light spoilers that I'm not even sure really qualify as spoilers) you see a lot more of Yor's superpowers assassin skills than her assassin job

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Clearly this needs to be updated for Damian now

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: nm

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 22, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lol I noticed the extra shiny eyes in the first one but I didn't realize they were all matching shots with extra moe eyes. Just :discourse:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yep

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate that "terrible drunk" is a Briar family trait. Also "kind of an idiot that buys bad stories".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

Yor is sincere, and also as dumb as a box of hammers. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

She takes "having a particular set of skills" to its logical conclusion, where she's pretty good at communicating with children and whatever her office work entails, and ridiculously good at fighting and murder. Everything else, like lying and cooking and apparently elementary school math, falls outside of that purview and so she's not really great at it.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 29, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Always get a big laugh at how Yor and Loid's fake bedroom puts both of the sex pillows at yes.

Well of course, after all...

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT: Also apparently it has been a year?

No, Loid got their marriage backdated a year so it wouldn't be quite so obvious that their marriage was a sham to get Anya into school

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

I wonder how long (in universe) the series will go for the main part of its serialization. Anya being 1-2 years younger than her classmates this early on is pretty huge, but as they get further into grade school Anya will catch up very very fast if she's actually reasonably gifted.

Well, Twilight's Handler seems to think it'll only take 4 months. Which is pretty naive, but as we've seen with Twilight, all these spies seem to think of kids as tiny adults who can really climb the academic ladder fast given the right training and motivation instead of... y'know, children.

I'm sure it'll go past that but eventually WISE is gonna start putting the pressure on and go "okay Twilight time's a wastin' that loving kid of yours better start getting some stars"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 29, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they should be even crazier. Abandon any pretense of even ambiguous canon and just go full bonkers what if poo poo.

Just have All Might come out at the end dressed like Rod Serling and give an outro to the movie that says how it's just one possibility.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

I forgot to mention this but he was reading the first Spy Wars book while Anya was reading the 10th in the previous episode. I thought it was a cute touch.

Yeah it's nice that Loid is trying to connect with Anya a bit by engaging with her media.

I'm sure it's worse for Loid because the whole time he's undoubtedly thinking "this is awful and not how spies work"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who voices him, because I can only hear him as Todd Haberkorn.

Dallas Reid, probably (unfortunately) most well known nowadays for voicing Asta in Black Clover. He does a good job as Yuri though and only screams a little bit :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Novasol posted:

Damien's trip to Namek was great

Missed the perfect opportunity to put that one kid that took the face shot in a Yamcha pose though

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ultimately it's for the better that Anya whiffed that ball throw. If she'd copied Yor too well, she'd definitely have gotten a Tonitrus bolt for pitching a ball straight through Bill Watkins (6)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-Kb_RwjXA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

There is nothing more powerful than a dog holding a knife their mouth.

Except a sniper but that depends on what mission you're going on and the bond level that you have with each.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

Anya's va doing all the voices in her imagination was very very good

also

we did it everyone! good job

After seeing the Namek joke last week, this was a missed opportunity for a "Congratulations!" with the cast

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hope though that she does make some progress in her grades soon though. :ohdear:

You dare doubt Starlight Anya?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally, with the addition of Penguinman, the gang's all here

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You didn't post the smug Anya on the inside

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nice, almost right in time for my birthday

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

The new ED is really good too but Anya seems inordinately huge in the final shot when she goes to bed because she normally should be shorter than the door knob and she isn't.

Yeah, especially when she is reaching up at the beginning. She's a growing girl, I guess.

Related: here's a creditless version of the ED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kNt62PptEQ

Love Yor getting to show her skills with that cutting knife during the cooking sequence.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Handler don't mess about. :stare:

She's so great :swoon:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Still really hoping that Yor getting a bullet in the rear end is adapted into an episode

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

I wonder if the mangaka regrets making Yor an assassin

Maybe, but I doubt it because the central gag is that she has to have a secret to hide from everybody and he probably didn't want to double-dip into the "superpowers" well (even if he did with the dog eventually). So in the end you need something that
  • A.) is a secret that Yor absolutely wouldn't want anyone to know about,
  • B.) would be funny,
  • and C.) Anya would think is awesome at her age/with her cartoon-addled mind so she would have a reason to push them together like she did at the dry cleaners

and "assassin" fits the bill pretty perfectly. Outside of that the job pool gets pretty limited. I guess Yor could have been the secret policeman instead of Yuri? But then, ew, cop. Though you're right, ultimately that probably does prevent her from doing more on-screen work, since if she is dropping bodies constantly you do risk her looking like a villain. At the end of the day though the story is ultimately more about Loid's mission (and therefore Anya's mission to maintain her family) so Yor... well, I don't want to say "matters less" because that sounds bad, but... I guess let's say she's not as integral to the real plot as they are.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 11, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
An episode with SuperYor and some primo Anya faces, who could ask for anything more?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

I know it wouldn't fit her power set, but I would've loved to see her just pull a Brock Sampson on the car. :v:

That one seems right up Loid's alley though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry, popped into my head when I saw this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEzUTKeysI