Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bishonen = looks like sephiroth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sydin posted:

Loid beats Goku with prep time.

Loid replaces goku's heart medication with delicious jellybeans

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's SPY X FAMILY.
Family comes second.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Hello, my name is Brian Secretagent and I am but a humble spychiatrist.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Doodles posted:

Yep. Which can happen at schools for the gifted, as it did for me. And much like Anya, I was asleep though a lot of those lectures. I wasn't in the gifted program long.

A lot of folks are calling Anya dumb, but she's not.

She's not even average, she's four.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

and the way she says the age 100% is written as her lying

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ThingOne posted:

It's even more impressive when you consider that these kids have probably had the best tutors money and power can buy since birth while Anya's spent the last year or so going in and out of orphanages. It's incredible that she's even managing to keep up.

she *is* an esper tho

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Punching him is what got his attention, but he can't even remember her eyes when they're right in front of him,

Typical concussion symptoms

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tsob posted:

She could be 4. Or 5. She might even actually be 6. We don't know her actual age. She probably is younger than 6, given the framing of that scene, but it's ambiguous what her real age is.

Actually, she's 7.

Test subject 007

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

meteor is funnier anyway

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

narm00 posted:

It's an Extra chapter, and they already skipped over the other Extra chapter, with the aquarium. Dunno if they're going to do anything with them.

There is an aquarium in the op so i hope they visit an aquarium

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Wait. I thought all shots above the shoulders wasn't allowed. Bill (6) should have been disqualified.

they're all below *his* shoulders

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh wow, next episode is the 'finale' according to crunchyroll

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

For the Forgers, every day is Take Your Daughter To Work Day

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Reexplaining the pitch has happened twice, it seems unneeded and i wonder if this was planned to start cour 2

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My dog also says borf.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

If the dog gets an actual name that isn't BORF I'm gonna be mad

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

There are no evil dogs

Sometimes cops can be dogs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anya tries to use dog divination and figure out whether to cut the red wire or the green wire, only to realize that dogs are colorblind.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yor needed to get a different angle so she could see if Anya was in the back seat before causing a car accident

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah, it's the Yor show now. She's the titular spy ex-family.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Amstrad posted:

By definition doesn't that make her only as smart as the smartest around?

anya is smarter, because she knows everything the smartest person knows AND everything anya knows.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the bright side is that frantically trying to compete with people one year older than you is a highly-effective-if-brutally-difficult way to learn

that's thought to be why top professional athletes have a disproportionately large number of older siblings - Larry Jordan made it to collegiate basketball, his little brother spent his entire childhood trying to keep up, and made it to all-time great

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tsob posted:

I would assume there's some selection bias there, in that you really only hear about the cases where younger siblings successfully out-do their older siblings, but that there's probably a pretty high rate of burn out for younger siblings trying to out-do older siblings and just not being able to keep it up long term, eventually transitioning to other things if not just collapsing emotionally and mentally from the effort in worst case scenarios.

they looked into that too by looking at younger vs elder siblings in families that had an elite athlete. If you're younger than your star sibling, you tend to do more competitive sports and get to a higher level of sport achievement than if you're older than your star sibling.

so a hypothetical Bob Jordan (Mike's younger brother), would probably play a lot more basketball than his other siblings, and would probably do it well

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yor's mission is to keep the bad assassin alive so he can be seen killing a target, it ends up being baby's day out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sankara posted:

I am of the opinion that Loid should kiss Yor.

I have the exact opposite opinion, and I think, that Yor, should kiss Loid.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Honestly, I do like the juxtaposition of Cute Family Comedy against what is essentially a huge power keg situation if you really think things to their natural conclusion.

the recurring theme that the adults know how awful war is, and are trying to protect the kids from that knowledge is solid, and works with how the manga is normally really light toned, with occasional glimpses of really dark stuff

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Being strong doesn't make someone untrustworthy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

She's an Enhancer.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, I didn't even think of this possibility and now I'm thinking that hes also a psychic. Especially since Anya was also conveniently not in the scene to read his mind...

Or, conveniently, Anya's mind was unable to be read.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anya is going to max out her stellas and bolts simultaneously

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wow, she even has the horns and her clothes are similar to the Eden uniform, he just recycled this design completely but aged down, huh.

Her earrings ended up on Yor

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

In order to get 8 Stella in that length of time would require heroic scholarship or just plain acts of heroism.

I heard you can just win some games of dodgeball can't be that hard

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sankara posted:

Why isn't she just copying a smart kid?

because other students will hate her if she gets all perfect scores and that will leopard-ize the mission, she learned that from her dad

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Loid and Yor slaughter the existing political establishment, uniting the nation under the iron grip of Queen Anya

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

They lost their one success in human testing and somehow misplaced one of their more promising animal subjects. The entire program is top to bottom flawed, getting burned to the ground is the least bad thing that can happen to them.

Or maybe they saw the future and realized that everything would work out for the best in a kooky sort of way if they just released Anya and Bond to face their destinies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Borf is firmly in UU but Elegante Forme is OU