Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Spies will really adopt a child for the sake of a diplomatic mission and rescue them from kidnappers instead of going to therapy

Well, he is a psychiatrist...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

The tour of the apartment is anime original and very much appreciated. I don't think we've seen any of the Forger's rooms in the manga. Which may not be a big deal, but it's a nice detail to have.

We've had a look at Anya's room in the manga, but can't think if we've seen Loid or Yor's.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if there is a Yor vs Twilight fight in the manga because I really want to see one in the anime.

Not yet. The drunk Yor fight is as close as we've got.

(That said, she does kick him in the chin at one point, which we might hit in the second cour.)

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Smarts: 2

Poor Mama

Note Anya ranks her under the stuffed penguin.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Caphi posted:

I assumed "night" in relation to Loid's "twilight."

Apparently a coincidence, according to Endo in the fanbook.

Originally, Endo was going to call her Yolanda, with Yor for short, then he decided to keep it short anyway for the speech bubbles. (Had he gone with Yolanda, given it means 'violet', it would probably have got tagged as part of her floral motif.)

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Sephyr posted:

I thought that the next chapter after this was the glorious, dramatic bullet wound in the butt Saga. I really hope they don't skip it.

It's an Extra chapter, and they already skipped over the other Extra chapter, with the aquarium. Dunno if they're going to do anything with them.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

The difference is that Yor is better at her job than Loid is at his. That, plus the nature of it, makes it harder for a comedic mission. Yor isn't going to humor a bad assassin who talks throughout the process, she'll just take them out.

Hm. If you wanted an assassin who talks throughout the process, then an eccentric colleague or rival would be more suitable for a Yor story - someone she has to work with or can't easily beat. It wouldn't be a straight-up Daybreak analogue, although they'd probably still fill the role of 'annoyance who really gets on her nerves'.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Find a boyfriend, Nightfall.

Who isn't Twilight.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
I mean, Yor's not the only Briar with superhuman capabilities; Yuri got superhuman durability from eating Yor's terrible cooking and surviving her enthusiastic gestures of affection, so something similar might have happened with Yor - that is to say, there might be a reason, but doesn't mean it'll be a serious one.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I feel like a movie would be a great way to do the boat arc but I'd be extremely down for an original story.

It's an original by Endo with him supervising.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

What volume of the manga did this season end at? I want to catch up for the movie/next season.

It's not ended yet, but it'll end on the first chapter of Volume 7. (There's also one missing chapter yet to be adapted, Extra Chapter 2 in Volume 3.)

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Also she has to know who the smart kids are first, 'cause she can't figure it out through mind-reading.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I don't understand a word of Japanese and no one's made a translation yet, but Anya's faces are good this season and that's what really matters.

Crunchyroll sub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tMsaAVjD0

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I think I vaguely remember the Bond story but yeah the Damian story seemed new. Either way, very good. I like the casual implication that Bond wasn't making wrong assumptions at all and Yor's food really would've killed him.

The Bond story was Chapter 40, the Damian story was Chapter 39.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Idiot question, but when will we start getting dubs of Season 2?

Today, per Crunchyroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Jose posted:

is this the anime or manga thread? anyway i stopped reading a while back and want to get caught up. Last bit I remember is the end of the bus hijacking. Does anyone know what chapter I need to get back into it?

You want Mission 75 (the epilogue) or Mission 76.