Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

Loyld I think must be genuinely smitten because episode 1 established him as being ultra observant and paranoid and quick to suspect people after sherlock scanning them but Yor despite his initial confusion at their first meeting doesn't seem to be setting off any alarm bells despite clearly doing or acting in ways that should be suspicious? My interpretation then is Loyld is maybe actually in love and this is making him a tad blind. While Yor is established already as being a bit of a scatterbrained blunt instrument and it makes sense for her to not pick up on the ways Loyld isn't as he seems.

The fake country names were a little confusing but to be clear, Loyld is an agent from the "West" while Yor is an assassin working for Anime Not!East Germany?

I think Lloyd has some tunnel vision going on; Either being so focused on a task that he isn't asking himself the questions that should be asked, or things being so convenient that he doesn't really question it (I think the latter also applies to Yor, to a degree).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Loid will become genuinely smitten with Yor (and vice versa) because otherwise it wouldn't be much of a show, would it?

I am not denying that! :v:

Also, I have to appreciate how on the nose the family having the fake last name of "Forger"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am not sure what to make of Yor at the opera. Hot and bothered? Urge to murder rising? Pavlovian response? Given her reaction to blades and knives, it's probably some combination of the three.

Edit: I read the manga chapter and it read more like Yor’s brain is shorting out trying comprehend this

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 24, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's hard to see but there's wisps of steam coming from her head from her brain overheating

I saw but I was misinterpreting it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I loved the joke of the stampede turning out not to be an escalation of the school's insane tests but an actual accident.

Kind of an obvious observation, but most if not all the characters have fairly natural hair colors, with Anya, a literal psychic, having pink hair. Also, to a lesser degree, Yor, a hitwoman, having a greenish tint to her hair, but also one of the women in the second episode sort of has blueish hair, so that may be a stretch.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love that the other agents were all in on it as well.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

Sort of. They're basically rationalizing that this is somehow super important for the mission; and in it to see Loid's skills; I dont think there was anything to indicate they were doing this for say, Anya's own sake.

I meant more that they are putting their full rear end into it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel like Loid and Yor are basically Archer characters, without the misanthropy: Good at what they do, but dumb at just about everything else.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope that they keep up the joke that the Forgers are incredibly unphotogenic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yor Alreadydead

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yor has big Goku energy. And so does Yuri, by the looks of it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if this will end will Yor coming clean that the marriage is more for making sure she is not noticed by state police, and that will cause Yuri to have a moment of clarity that his job is making it harder for people like Yor (being a secret assassin aside) and would make him less of an rear end in a top hat.

That is unrealistic of course. But the only good cop is a fictional one so...:v:

EDIT: Also apparently it has been a year?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
*Makes an AMV where Anya is singing "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid*

Man, did I just date myself with this joke

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 1, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, the marriage thing was Yuri being a dumb kid. Having a locker full of photos of Yor...is another thing entirely.

I know one leads into the other, but I hope that the dangerous idiot (in other words, a cop :v: ) aspect of him is more emphasized than the creepy sister stuff.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kvantum posted:

I think it's an ad for Dang! on the back of an unflipped issue of the Spy Wars manga.

I forgot to mention this but he was reading the first Spy Wars book while Anya was reading the 10th in the previous episode. I thought it was a cute touch.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Episode was cute as heck but was this based on an Omake chapter? Feels disconnected from the plot and more like sort of like a pilot for a tv show, or a manga proof of concept one shot, for that matter.

Also

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tunicate posted:

Reexplaining the pitch has happened twice, it seems unneeded and i wonder if this was planned to start cour 2

I also thought that was weird at this point

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some pillarmen rear end looking dogs in that first store there.

Also TIL that crunchyroll does not allow screenshots.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

An episode with SuperYor and some primo Anya faces, who could ask for anything more?

I was half expecting to see Yor stop the car head on with the kick, not just kicking the side.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One thing I like is the little sparkles around Anya that act as a visual shorthand for her powers going off. Does the manga do something similar?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do think it is a victory that Anya managed to not completely fail her midterms without her mind reading crutch and is a genuine sign of growth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly, I do like the juxtaposition of Cute Family Comedy against what is essentially a huge power keg situation if you really think things to their natural conclusion.