Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So the main guy’s made of rubber? How’d that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gear 4 is great because you got Bounceman, the wild crazy silly form and I think it’s fitting for Luffy that his transformation isn’t traditionally badass looking. But, then you get Snakeman anyway! So you get a sillier form and a cool form at the end of the day.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Amazing chapter. New bounties, Jimbei crew interactions, learning what’s going on with Buggy’s crew, great stuff. Interesting that the revolutionaries also don’t know what the deal with Sabo is.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

hatty posted:

Perospero is dead

I don’t believe you

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I were Crocodile, I simply would have used facts and logic to outwit Whitebeard

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m starting to greatly consider collecting the American one piece toys made for the 4kids dub

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

More people should call Luffy "Monkey".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I finally got box set 1 of one piece! Hell yeah!

Where did you get it from?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, what chapters did the last episode of the One Piece anime cover? How close is the anime to showing Gear 5?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I must’ve forgotten this, when did we learn that Aokiji was working with Blackbeard?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This might be out there, but I considering trying to cosplay as Law. Would anyone know a good place to get a good quality version of his full length black coat? Some I’ve seen online seem cheap.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

One Piece Film Red was cool! It was the first One Piece movie I've ever watched actually. I was surprised to see Gear 5, even though it was just a hint. Must've have confused anime-only people lol. Also I loved the credits which shows little scenes of characters from every part of the world.

Also glad to see my boy Perospero get more screen time!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So in the One Piece Film Soundtrack Playlist on Spotify, the first “song” seems to be a message from Luffy about the playlist. Does anyone know what he’s saying?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sanji wouldn’t even be able to hit Enel, much less defeat him

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I demand to see Luffy explain what he thinks a gear is

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The main reason I hope Enel is Vegapunk’s buddy, is because I love Enel and want him to come back into the story

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Like Luffy always says, when it comes to this game being good I “Believe It!”

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

As soon as I saw the cloning stuff in this chapter I immediately assumed this. Maybe failed clone works here too, since shes clumsy and nearsighted?

The main reason why this theory doesn’t work for me is why on earth would vegapunk clone a random girl from the east blue?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Started collecting One Piece volumes.... eventually I'll need something bigger, but I have a small bookshelf that fits everything I have for now:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/Geo_AW/status/1624620619349229569

Monkey D Luffy, the Legendary Super Saiyan

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don’t know, Kidd’s big cannon looked really cool and his attack looked really impressive. And only like maybe like a couple people in the world could take a super attack from Shanks and not get destroyed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

smdh @ people speculating about Luffy’s mom a couple pages ago… us true one piece loreheads all know that Crocodile is Luffy’s mom

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Right, so ‘Croc was a woman’ theory comes from what the posters above describe. The ‘Croc is Luffy’s mom’ comes from the idea that Croc acts oddly during Marineford after it’s revealed that Luffy is Dragon’s son. He takes more risks to protect Luffy after that, like defending him from Akainu. Some claim Croc’s actions here are out of character… unless Croc just learned Luffy is his son

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If it gets people curious enough to check out One Piece proper then it's done its job, and it looks like it could do that.

I feel the same way. The One Piece anime is not great. At least pacing-wise, it's very daunting. It's hard to recommend it to people, unlike something like Cowboy Bebop. So if this show is decent enough, it could encourage anime/manga likes who are put off by the anime to read the manga!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gear 5 is cool, I'm into how it is animated, but I agree with it being a little hard to follow and my god is the anime slow

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Eiba posted:

What if Crocodile at Roger's execution was a woman in the live action because they're just going to have Crocodile be a woman in the live action?

Just a random thought. They already gender swapped Sham. Having more cool women in the One Piece world would be an improvement over the male dominated manga version.

But then they’d have to change her code name from “Mr. 0” to “Ms. [Ultimate holiday]”

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Could be that eating the age fruit locked Bonney’s “true” body in to the age she was when she ate it. While she can change her body to look like how it’s supposed to, she’s “actually” a child

I really do hope Bonney is just actually an adult though

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I do fear there’s going to be some kind of cop out ending for the CDs that sees them not have to repent/pay for what they’ve done. Like, it’ll be revealed they’re kind controlled by Imu and by beating him it turns the CDs into good guys who can’t REALLY be blamed for they did

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kid is so strong, his super attack scared wittle ol Shanks enough for him to sucker punch Kid to avoid an actual fight

Law ain't got anything on that

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Julias posted:

Great news for sure. The remake project happening in of itself isn't surprising to me, just the timing of it. I also would have figured that it wouldn't have happened until after the original anime run had ended.

I was thinking the same thing. Very very excited for an anime remake, One Piece deserves to have a great adaptation

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wasn’t one of Saturn’s stipulations that Kuma and Bonney could not contact each other? If so than if anything, CP woman was being a hero by making sure that promise wasn’t broken so that Saturn wouldn’t retaliate

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Zoro still fighting Lucci? smdh, Sanji would have already had that guy cooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Fraudposting is fun and cool