Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

alkanphel posted:

O: Uh... One Piece isn't that deep of a story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What will Chopper's new bounty be?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yohoho it's more complicated than you'd think

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dammerung posted:

I'm excited to be going out to sea again!

The Sunny is suddenly caught by a giant who immediately takes them to Elbaf

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want Luffy to paint a tunnel and walk through it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually I want the next appearance of Gear 5 to be on the Sunny when they're all partying and Luffy's just so gosh darn happy and excited his heart goes funky and he slips into the form. Then they do a whole bunch of funny antics with it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Whenever you looked at a page in One Piece and laughed... that was when you were "Joyboy"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just finished Dressrosa on my re-read. Good arc! I wish the strings of the birdcage could be cut but immediately reattach themselves. Also the solution to Luffy breaking free from Doffy's strings being "he just does" is bad. Should have encountered him earlier ala Crocodile and had to work out a solution between encounters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You know I think I'd vibe with living in Totto Land. Cool place. Live in the outskirts somewhere, eat rocks and grass. Why not?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He used Gear Second too much

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Never understood how Katakuri gets bullied for his funny teeth while his brother has a giant tongue and dresses like Willy Wonka.
Since the reason he hides his face is because when he fought back after being bullied, Brulee was the one who suffered the consequences, so he refused to show weakness ever again. If that hadn't happened, we'd probably see his gums flapping about like nobody's business. I imagine Perospero (:h:) also got bullied and fought back but there were no greater consequences than that. Nobody expects perfection and unassailable coolness from Perospero, so he can do whatever.

I wonder what Katakuri would dress like if he was as free...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

drat... that's a Big Hat

Re-read paying off

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The crew opens a crate and find a stowaway inside, their new crewmate. It's... Bonney?!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Break next week.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aww, Croc and Mihawk are so tsundere :3: They love him, really

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Franky's portrait being the Sunny has to be setup for something. It's so bizarre.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lih posted:

it's a continuation of the gag where he was mad about his previous poster having general franky on it, idk if it'll do anything except set up a future gag where some marines are confused in person about it or something though?

Yeah but at least you can arrive at the idea of how that happened with General Franky! How the heck did they end up thinking he's the boat? To be clear I'm not saying it's setting up anything big, but hell Duval's a character who will probably fight with/be part of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet in the final war.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Technically Buggy could be able to avoid even blunt damage if he was good enough with his fruit. Get good enough at splitting and he could avoid damage like Crocodile, but without the water weakness.

However,

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo-ho-ho~

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

I'm just going to post like Yamato is in the crew anyway gently caress it I'm still loving mad about this
I can see it right in front of me. Yamato bouncing from panel to panel excitedly cheering for everyone's new bounties, and then looking around for his own poster before realizing he hasn't gotten one and getting dejected.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ManSedan posted:

Okay I’ve been reading this since like 2013 and I still don’t remember who Perospero is.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Julias posted:

Peropero is the onomatopoeia for licking. Hope that helps

So sad that Perospero died of Ligma

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crocodile is here and strong because he's cool. My only question is if we're ever going to get into conflict with the Cross Guild, or if they'll just be our allies* in the final war. Zoro has to have his fight with Mihawk of course.

*for a certain definition of ally

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The One Piece is Laplace's Box

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/status/1080948113265885185

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

Iva was the only person to fight Magellan and get away, real stepper

tbf Ivankov was bodied by Magellan, just managed to recover and get away

Which technically every named character who fought Magellan did :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Caesar becoming Admiral is like Buggy becoming Emperor. Never gonna happen!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

WAIT A MINUTE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's technically nothing unique that we've seen, so far, about Luffy's DF awakening compared to others. It takes what he had, stretches it further, and lets him apply it to the world around him. He didn't get a whole new powerset or anything, it's still just him being rubbery and now making things rubbery, but like, cartoony rubbery, which is what it always was.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He gave the lightning his cartoony rubbery qualities.

Doffy turned buildings into strings, that's even weirder!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Begemot posted:

drat, this poo poo is crazy.

The way Blackbeard was talking makes it sound like stealing devil fruit powers is something the darkness fruit can do. His "weird body"... is because he ate that fruit, not something weird about him from before that, which makes sense.

The "weird body" comment came from way before he ate the fruit, about how he doesn't sleep. Buggy/Shanks talk during the Oden flashback.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Bug posted:

Is the fact that Shakky was queen of the Kuja new information?

Yup. Due to the timeframe, it was theorized she was part of the Rocks pirates, but nope!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Yes. Also we know the pirate empress has to abdicate when they fall in love and want to settle down, so I think the implication here is that Shakky gave up her throne to get with Rayleigh

*looks at Rayleigh* She made the right choice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea how even gear five Luffy is meant to stop that.

Luffy grabs a biiig pot and the beams curve back

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTV4M0MUoI

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ahh... so they're mystery fruits.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42zSqdOl3s

Alabasta trailer for the new OP game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Wait this is following the story of OP? I thought the crew went to some island and got depowered and spent the whole game there from level 1
Yeah but they also ~visit places from their memories~, you can tell by the trailer that it's not them being there the first time, they remember everything

e: people are speculating by some imagery in the trailer that other potential memories will be Enies Lobby and Skypiea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Giraffes are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-fiVWsq98