Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just realized we're actually about to use a log pose again! Some fun facts to make you feel old:

2006: Last time the crew locked on to an island they went to.
2010: Last time they arrived at an island using the log pose.
2012: The triple log pose was introduced, but was never successfully used to reach an island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Post yr jaw so we can all laugh at you

Never understood how Katakuri gets bullied for his funny teeth while his brother has a giant tongue and dresses like Willy Wonka.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Excellent chapter to start the thread.

best panel:

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 27, 2022

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Crocodile is strong, he just had the misfortune of being the first World-renowned pirate to get on Luffy's poo poo list.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Never noticed Lucci heading to Wano. What chapter?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Oh cool! I remember these character sketches for crab guy and knight girl from the early volumes. Didn't know they were actually for a movie.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Well if that isn't an ancient weapon I dunno what is. I guess with Luffy's Awakening and shifting world powers the WG king is ready to start the great war before Laugh Tale is rediscovered.

"BEHOLD THE GREATEST WEAPON, THE MIGHTY... URANUS!"
Bradleyyy

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

Just read a theory that the flying craft that abducted Bege's ship during the post-war arc (back in issue 594) is the same thing that blew up the island. I had completely forgot about those panels.

I love how much a few panels over a decade ago can lead to big things happening now. It's so much fun to see various mysteries coming to light. I can't wait for some of the crew reunions, especially Brook and Laboon.

Was thinking that too, but it's hard to imagine the WG king having an ancient weapon casually flying around attacking small timers. Uranus makes sense coming out now as the WG's power balance is threatened by former Warlords hunting marines, revolutionaries boldly attacking their home turf and Luffy awakening the anti-god fruit. Imu is ready to give an 800 year reminder why he's the king of the world.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

HERE WE loving GO

Really enjoying the last few chapters of Vegapunk and old characters reemerging. Finally we're getting the payout for 25 years of world building.

e: I agree with post above, Vegapunk is probably seen as a traitor now that they've had robo-Kuma protect the SHs as well as his replica Kaido fruit being used by SH allies.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 7, 2022

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ya Franky was the first and only to meet Kuma. I'm sure Zoro has questions about Kuma's motives during :zoro:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

There's a better translated version on the OP reddit. Still poo poo compared to TCB.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I really like the BB crew theme. Big Mom, Shanks and Kaido have their bizzare paramecia, haki and zoan focuses. Now we have BB with his meta ability of stealing DFs, giving his already strong crew the perfect support ability for their fighting style. Very fitting for the final boss of the OP universe as we start to learn the mystery behind DFs.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It never occurred to me before that Shanks dresses exactly the same as Rayleigh.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This one is actually good quality scan for a wed night release.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Wondering what kind of reunion this is gonna be. Will Lucci get stomped by Emperor Luffy or will Lucci reveal he's been training for two years and awaken his Golden Frieza form?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I think it has to be a Vegapunk traitor, mainly because Luffy broke his boots last chapter. It feels like an obvious set-up that the Traitorpunk will do his BwaHaHa speech and lock the boots, only for Luffy to still be mobile.

Have no clue as to why tho.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It's still a total mystery who Caribou is working for. But he's got 2/3 ancient weapons figured out and going to tell somebody.

Actually poo poo, wasn't Caribou on their ship?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Too bad Vegapunk never read Full Metal Alchemist. He'd know to never create an artificial lifeform powered by your greed!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Reading that poo poo scan felt nostalgic to reading the early '00s scans. All it was missing was Coby telling Blackbeard to "gently caress off!".

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Any garbage scans of new chapter out yet? Starting to get withdrawal.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Well gently caress. In that case can I get a Mayor McCheese as a Celestial Dragon

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The title is very odd. Kinda took away the suspense naming the chapter after the surprise.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

I can’t believe Law is loving dead

Oda was very quick to delete them from the story once Kaido was done

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm betting he's a lunarian and we'll have a lore dump from Vegapunk before we meet him

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

i love cross guild, amazing way to incorparate all the 2nd-ary characters to the final arc. I cant wait for buggy to shed a tear and admit Luffy is the true successor to Roger, as if he actually was the Vegeta of this story.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

On the topic of best OP moments: When Luffy Law and Kid appear unscathed after orochi's perfect counter attack pre wano . It was long established how unstoppable kaido and big mom were but man that chapter really drove home the idea Luffy could actually win.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Shanks was obvs weak as hell back then, he spent over a year needing a freaking home base in Luffy's village. Luffy however spends less than a month aimlessly wandering the sea becomes the most dangerous man in the East.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I hope we get to learn what happened that day this week. It'd also be funny if Oda trolled us with 5+ chapters getting closer and closer to opening the meeting door.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

OP chapter 1085: What Really, Really, REALLY Happened That Day.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Reading Cobra's final words all I can think of is the Tenacious D "We are the D, We are the D, We are the D, We are the D"

e: I'm guessing Imu convinced all the kings that the D Kingdom are a threat to the world and must be stopped . Once they took over Imu reveals his true plan of becoming immortal, taking control of the kingdom's super weapon and thus the world. Everyone who helped him and would keep his secret got to live as gods in return.

How did Lili accidently scatter stones all over the world though? Sounds like she's the OG paw-paw user.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 31, 2023

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Where the Wil D. Things Are? I left them all in one place

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Attack on Titan did a school manga too. Are these just fan stories or are they licensed by the actual authors?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

ah yea that's the good poo poo. That was a long 5 weeks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I can already see the series' epilogue with Koby as fleet admiral

and RIP Garp, dies with a smile on his face

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

More than likely just coincidence but it's neat these are almost identical paneling.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

:hellyeah: HONESTY IMPACT :hellyeah:

Yeah I'm willing to believe that anyone can develop Conqueror's Haki but the Grand Line acts like a Great Filter and weeds out the weak. We'll see, though!

Seems like you can't directly "level up" your CH by, say, constantly projecting a menacing aura, but you can figure out different ways to apply it. Infusion is taking the principle of emission/ryuo and applying it to CH, for example. You just have to figure out you can do it.

But on the other hand, Shanks was able to intimidate Ryokugyu and communicate with him from what seemed to be a few miles away. If you can't directly train CH, now I'm wondering if Shanks possesses the "Voice of All Things" and can combine that with CH. Or maybe it's something else! I dunno!

One Piece rules

I like to think of the CH explanation as it can't be trained physically but grows proportional along with your sheer determination to be THE KING.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Oh that's good OP. I'm betting York hosed up/got tricked somehow and accidently deactivated the Seraphim.

RatHat posted:

Or she’s an actual child and even the Five Elders would prefer to spare a kid if they can

Kinda weird to care about sparing a kid considering the chapter starts with the fallout from nuking an entire nation, and literally the panel before he ordered the execution of all the evacuated employees.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 2, 2023

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

All the weapons in the world are no match for a man with GRIT

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm really excited for this rematch. Kizaru is the original Strawhat killer. Maybe the Egghead incident is :bignews: shows up and leaks to the world an admiral + CP0 were taken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Brandfarlig posted:

Akainu in Long ring long land wants a word, kind of.

Yeah crap he's actually the third person to almost kill the Strawhats after Aokiji and Kuma. BUT he's the first to have no intention of sparing them! It's my most anticipated rematch since the time-skip. During the WB war he was kicking Luffy around taunting him that determination alone is useless if you're too weak to do it. Now 10+ years later Luffy's packing the goods too.