Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I missed the Katakuri discussion but I felt it important for me to come in and say that he rules and he's probably my favorite new OP character of the last ten years to the point that I made myself a Katakuri cosplay.

Anyway that's my review of the donut guy I hope you guys enjoyed reading that while we wait for the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Post yr jaw so we can all laugh at you

Please do not tell the fanclub this is how I live.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Do people even have to work in Tottoland, or do homies do everything? You give up one month for every six months, you definitely spend more time than that working. Might come out ahead

You also have to consider that at any given point your Godzilla sized Matriarch might go on a rampage and destroy your home and eat you if her Reece's Puffs are a few minutes late or if she didn't get the explicit kind of lollipops she was craving at the moment

Still, better than the current market system in the US.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

"Waddya mean I don't get on the boat? I had a tragic backstory, I was a major player in the arc, I declared my intentions in the same way Oden did, paralleling his journey, the fans love me, I have good chemistry with the main character, I just said two chapters ago that I was going to get on the boat. This is an Outrage!"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Rody One Half posted:

The big hat is the dumbest thing in One Piece I hate it

On the other hand it is a hat that is very big, which is good

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I wonder if Mr. 1 is still bitter about getting easily chumped by Mihawk during Marineford

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I've been thinking about this really hard, and I've come to the conclusion that The One Piece treasure is Roger, who found a way to perfectly preserve meat, left a giant pile of meat that he cooked from various animals around the world. The One Piece is the world's biggest All-Meat, All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

When the crew finds it, everyone will be disappointed, especially Nami, that it's just a big pile of meat. Except of course for Luffy, who will finally have a meal to match his appetite.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Luffy is only sad because it means he doesn't get to eat the queen.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Blackbeard, in another parallel to Luffy, is only horny for adventure.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

This reminds me, it's been to long since we've seen Smoker. We had law for like 500 chapters time to bring Smoker back.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Urouge settled down and found there where things more important than piracy.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I mean the movie's got Blueno, Kalifa, Katakuri, Shanks, Franky cosplaying as Soundwave, Elvis Jinbei, Gene Simmons Usopp.

It's like the greatest hits of all cool things a one piece movie could be. Of course it made all the money.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I would like him to keep his Blaster cosplay from One Piece Film Red

"Look out and shout! Ow!"

God imagine if he went full Headmaster with the Thousand Sunny to take on Sanjuan Wolf :allears:

Straw hats, superior
Blackbeard, inferior

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The big question about Foxy's powers is are you able to use your own Devil Fruit Powers/Haki while you're frozen in time.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Don't be silly, this isn't Kingdom Hearts.

Get up on the giraffe's back!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

What's the worst chapter :munch:

Every chapter that's released on break week.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

For half the characters that will show up for the final battle, Luffy will have no idea who they are.

Buggy will show up, and Luffy will remember who he is, but won't be able to recall his name or anything about him.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Wait, so xxx holic ISN'T about making Appalachian Hobo jug wine?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Larryb posted:

Makes me wonder if there are political cartoons in the One Piece universe (especially considering how oppressive the WG can be to the point where there’s an entire subset of people that are literally above the law)

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Len posted:

It's time to bring him back Oda

It would absoluty rule if at some point the Strawhats were being harassed again by Crocodile only to have Bon Clay come to their assistance at a pivotal moment.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I get the feeling like Oda really liked Kidd from a design/character standpoint but just couldn't figure out on how to use him. Like, his backstory gets explained only in supplemental material, gets chumped off panel by Kaido and isn't seen again for hundreds of chapters, his big shining moment taking down an Emporer has to be shared with Law, and then is chumped again almost immediately after to just to show how incredibly top tier Shanks.

Compare that to say Law, who the manga slowed to a stop several times to show how cool/powerful he is, gave him a long in depth backstory with the greatest flashback character of all time. Hell I feel like even secondary Supernovas like Bege and Drake got to exit the story with more dignity.

RIP to you Kidd. I knew this was inevitable, but I was starting to come around to you.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The more I think about this, the more I like how Luffy is willing to ally himself with people that aren't just paragons of moral purity. Robin was a former assassin who basically tried to kill them, Franky and family beat up a defenseless usopp, Bege was a literal Mafia Don who wanted to shove a rocket down Big Mom's throat and is shown doing all kinds of shady poo poo, and as previously mentioned Kidd had no qualms about innocent bystanders, collateral damage, or attacking the weak and defenseless for personal gain.

It's still kinda sad he ended up such a jobber, but it further put into my head the truth that Kidd is not a 'good guy' just because he teamed up with Luffy for a while. It makes Luffy and the strawhats feel much more like proper pirates and not typical Shonen squads of perfect goodness.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

bobjr posted:

Luffy is going to trick Shanks in Gear 5 with whatever Loony Toon gag would work best on him.

Strawhat Season!
Redhair Season!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Luffy paints "To One Piece" on the side of a wall and then runs through it. Shanks, seeing this, tries to run through the wall as well and smacks up against it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

It also gave us Smoker doing something post-timeskip other than getting jobbed to show how strong someone else is so massive points there.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

With One Piece, it's never "When are we going to get to the fireworks factory" it's "we're driving away from the fireworks factory to get to the bigger fireworks factory"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Island Man
Take me by the hand
Lead me to the island
That you are

Island Man, Island Man
Island Man hates Rubber man
They have a fight
Rubber man wins
Rubber man.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

Any garbage scans of new chapter out yet? Starting to get withdrawal.

No chapter, only McDonalds

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

It's absolute BS that Crocodile was worth like 3 billion berries and after Luffy kicked his teeth in his bounty only went up to 100 million.

Yet another instance of someone having their labor value exploited.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Doesn't Netflix own Stranger Things? How can Avatar be their Stranger Things if they already have Stranger Things.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

People also forget that a key characteristic of Kuzan is laziness, and being, heh, chill.

I can absolutely see him just joining up with the first name big pirate crew he meets because they bought him some beer and he knows it'll piss off his old shithead boss.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Three fruits will kill him! Three fruits will kill him! I shouldn't feed him, three fruits!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Gomu Gomu no Ouch, motherfucker

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Big Mom is an incredibly cool villian.

I can't decide if her or Doflamingo is my favorite.

Katakuri is def my favorite foe-turned-sort-of-friend though.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I can't think of many Shounen manga that have the guts/clout to cut away from the main cast for months at a time and still keep me as engaged as it does.

I'd roll my eyes when Naruto would be on the 10th straight week in a row of Sasuke, but OP's world is so vibrant and interesting I don't mind taking a break from the strawhats to learn about the Quadrupal Jointed half-goat men on Coffee Creamer Island.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I believe in Garp, the hero of the Marines.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Dueling Pianos scene but it's Buggy and Foxy

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

If Bon Clay can survive a direct confrontation with Magellan than Garp can handle a few of Blackbeard's jobbers, especially now that all his precious proteges are safe. I believe in Garp, the hero of the Marines

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Countdown to Sanji letting York go free because he thinks she's cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I remember my friend was into the 4kids dub, because he'd watch it with his little brother, so I started absorbing it by osmisis. I thought it was...fine, but I was more into other Shounen at the time.

Then I started watching Ennis Lobby episodes on youtube, back when you had to watch them sliced into thirds. I only had a vague Idea what was going on, but I was hooked. I'd head to my College's student center and start loading several episodes, then by the time classes were over I'd watch them.

18 years and 5 One Piece themed cosplays later here I am.