Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

The tweet quoted in here mocking Cody promos was from a Roman stan account, deeply unserious

yeah, this thread really doesn't need to revolve around the opinions of some weirdo stanning their fave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

The tweet quoted in here mocking Cody promos was from a Roman stan account, deeply unserious

I don't ever read twitter usernames or click through to look at accounts I'm trying to respect my mental health more than that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The latest RAW had a lot of setting up pieces and beginning to move some.

Yeet had a match against Finn and at the end Priest came out and was going to talk to yert. but judgement day jumped yeet and Priest was visibly upset. might be setting up a faceturn there.

Something is brewing with piper niven and Chelsea Green. Thinking we are going to get a women's tag team belt run with those two. Should be fun. There match was OK and the ending move was very lol.

The sami vs Gable match was good and Gable turning heel while foreseen makes me wonder what will happen with alpha academy.

The introduction of the belts and the awesome truth promo was fun. Miz and R-Truth are great together.

The belt rhea vacated will have aatch next week to determine the new holder. Most likely will be Liv vs Nia.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like the tag belts would have been better without the pizza pan part around the outside edge that fully makes it look like a melted cheddar cheese pizza

maybe I'm just hungry I dunno

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

who the hell is yeet?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tag partner of yolo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

who the hell is yeet?

The wrestler who can't stop saying yeet

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 16, 2024

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Mr Hootington posted:

I noticed that while watching AEW too. I think it happens during matches nobody is excited for.

On Collision there wasn’t any piped in noise that I could hear. Crowd was quite dead for most of Rocky vs Roddy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

it’s got 15k likes. seems pretty serious for wwe universe numbers

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pillowpants posted:

I tried to go through the whole ppv library from 2007-2022 last year since I started watching again at Wrestlemania and it really started to get dire towards the end of the teens.

I gave up on the main roster PPVs in 2018 and the NXT ones in 2019. The main roster ones got unwatchable and the NXT ones I just couldn't force myself to care about.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

With Yolo getting kicked out of the bloodline this has to happen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The337th posted:

yeah, this thread really doesn't need to revolve around the opinions of some weirdo stanning their fave

Is there like an exchange rate or something? I'm willing to try out a weird Roman stan at this point.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I thought Yolo was the one who did the thumb attack

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Is there like an exchange rate or something? I'm willing to try out a weird Roman stan at this point.

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

apophenium posted:

That is solo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

apophenium posted:

Youmanga

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Codependent Poster posted:

For the most part, but they also let some of them ad lib pretty heavily now. Cody's one of those guys who gets a lot of freedom with his promos.

Cody's given a lot of latitude, and it was reported that Bray Wyatt wrote his own promos. Brian Gewirtz has been The Rock's personal writer for many, many years.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

apophenium posted:

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

apophenium posted:

lol

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mr Hootington posted:

The wrestler who can't stop saying yeet

I don't think it's brought up enough how dumb the whole Yeet gimmick is.

He's not...he's not even fuckin' using it in the right context. He's just saying it and it has no meaning!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

but the how do you do fellow kids level is off the charts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vandar posted:

I don't think it's brought up enough how dumb the whole Yeet gimmick is.

He's not...he's not even fuckin' using it in the right context. He's just saying it and it has no meaning!

Yep. The announcers on the latest raw were making fun of it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/pVnIkXC8KXI?si=BrxynPbgvfSAHJov

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

saw a picture of seamus after his redebut, I see he’s cultivating henderson mass

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I enjoyed raw because i had free box seat tickets and the food was top notch and i got to hang out with a bunch of old pals

Hears there was even wrestling too

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

stab posted:

I enjoyed raw because i had free box seat tickets and the food was top notch and i got to hang out with a bunch of old pals

Hears there was even wrestling too

I’ve always wanted to see wrestling from box seats. stab jealousy continues to rise.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve always wanted to see wrestling from box seats. stab jealousy continues to rise.

I had to deal with Sami's poo poo for years goddamn I earned it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

finally an explanation

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

one day they will perform the fusion haka and become yoto

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Yoyeeta, what does the scouter say about his power level

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm not shocked that goons are all av nerds

I didn’t think there were THIS many of us tho.

I put the reaction to a decently cool shot to typical wwe syndrome: so much of wwe content is doing something that is a 4 so often and getting told it’s a 10 that many just want to rate it a 2. It is leaps and bounds better than the Era of Dunn but that is a low bar. It’s like that cousin who the family is super proud of when they DON’T manage to not set their double wide on fire two weeks in a row. Normal people are like “so?” But the family is celebrating this giant accomplishment.

Orange Carlisle posted:

but the how do you do fellow kids level is off the charts

New USO theme found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3J1h6hCFeQ

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr Hootington posted:

His latest promo on Raw wasn't about Dusty, talked about that story being over, thanked Rollins and how much his friendship means to him, mocked the bloodline in disarray and Roman being absent, he said he was preparing for the Rock's eventual return, then a bromance segment with yeet where he offered his ringside help against judgement day. Yeet turned him down.

That post said "mention his daddy" not "do a promo exclusively about his daddy". Talking about how you put that story about your daddy behind you is still talking about your daddy, so I guess they're right.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think it’s nice that Cody talks about how much he loves his dad. I love my dad too!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

NienNunb posted:

I think it’s nice that Cody talks about how much he loves his dad. I love my dad too!

My dad is OK. My mom too, but Cody's like the guy talking to his wife and mentioning his mom in every other sentence.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EFQj4IAmI

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

i would recommend it having done it for a wwe house show

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Was this on the show tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Gonna start cutting endless promos about my dad being a lifelong gambling addict, and how I'm gonna go to Vegas and hit the biggest jackpot at the slots for the family legacy