Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Retribution caused 9/11??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dangoor and Ryan Satin are gonna be the only people invited to WWE press conferences, and every question is just going to be "Wow, how is everything so great?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pylons posted:

Seth vs. AJ will open Blood Money.

Congratulations to whoever wins the Dumb Loser Nerd Belt That Doesn’t Matter, which is sure to have an incredible legacy going forward.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I still can't get over Uncle Howdy looking almost exactly like the villain in The Black Phone and being named after a character in The Exorcist. Bray showing creative genius below your average haunted hay ride.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We later found out that the guy who designed the mask for the movie was on “Bray’s creative team” which consists of at least 2 writers and a mask guy lol

"Sure, Bray, you need a new mask? Uhhhh, yeah, I can whip something up for you real quick. WWE's paying for this, right?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, Joker Sting was just the Dark Knight Joker complete with makeup job and lines from the movie. With a dash of Jim Carrey's Mask thrown in.

Yeah but I didn't have to see people online telling me it was pure horror movie cinema and Ryan Satin wasn't retweeting QR codes for TNA, either.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hirez posted:

was IRS ever mentioned in the LORE or is he one of those I'll make it on my own DAD!!! fail sons?

After the Fiend was released from The Firefly Dimension he supposedly encountered IRS and attempted to possess him. This possession didn't fully take, however, and the taxman instead changed into "Mr. Wallstreet" and joined the NWO. He eventually purged the demon with a powerful white magick ritual, which led to him once again becoming Mike Rotunda and reforming the Varsity Club.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

custom integrations is the future of marketing, its the way brands r going 2 win

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Bloodline still has a a lot more in the tank, we still need the Bloodline Wolfpack, the Bloodline Silver, Bloodline 2000. Hell, have Roman and Paul Heyman shoot Solo into space and force him to watch bad movies in Bloodline 3000.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Terra Ryzing's gonna be amazing as the 5th member of Jarrett and Lethal's group.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

WWE is turning into what the hardcore fans want it to be - just pure content to be consumed, integrated with other IPs, and discussed purely in terms of financials, viewership, and streaming numbers.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Remember how a gigantic sexual misconduct story came out about Vince like a year ago that caused him to resign?

Yeah but the Bloodline!!! THE BLOODLINE!!!!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Papa H please give up your Endeavor merger bonus. You're supposed to be one of the fans!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

It takes an incredible amount of energy to burn off all the goodwill garnered from that episode of Dark Side of the Ring. But, dammit, Pillman Jr did it in just over two years. The WWE Universe has just one question to answer - are they ready for the New Loose Cannon (TM)?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

weekly font posted:

His loose cannon gimmick will be pulled from a notebook of vinces unused ideas for wacky ambrose

It's gonna be this. He'll be throwing food at people and whacking them with dirty mops and stuff. If they feel really creative he'll start talking to a houseplant or a ventriloquist dummy or something.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Who's the first person to get into a backstage argument with Punk that eventually leads to passive aggressive shoot comments and instagram posts? I think Seth Rollins is a safe bet but Cody's probably up there, too. Wildcard option for me is Sami Zayn.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I can't be objective about CM Punk but I have to imagine getting fired from AEW, having your TV show with Stephen Amell cancelled, and still recovering from getting elbowed in the balls is going to be traumatic and you're probably gonna be desperate to stay relevant and make some money.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

CM Punk telling the MIz to suck a blood money soaked dick in Saudi Arabia wasn't an insult, it was advice. And now Punk's taking his own advice.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pylons posted:

PWInsider Elite says BPJ's new name is Lexis King.

Beepie becomes Leeki?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Sting at least had backup from his greatest allies, the NWO, in a moment that definitely was not just to get more of HHH's buddies a big fat paycheck.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pillman's 30 years old but keeps being presented and sold like he's some kind of 21 year old rookie who can still grow and evolve.

I saw all his AEW stuff, he's kind of reached his potential.

PROVE ME WRONG BEEPIE!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"My plan was to be mocked on commentary for weeks, then challenge the commentator to a match. Then, and this is the best part, he would end up beating me. I really think this would do a lot for my career."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Sources close to the CM Punk camp are saying that Saudi Arabia is actually a chill place and we don’t really have all the details about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi.

Also all Elite-adjacent WWE stars including Cody Rhodes and New Day are “on notice”.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Ringo Roadagain posted:

him going over roman at wrestlemania instead of cody will be way funnier

I would pay good money to see the texts tonight between Cody and the Bucks.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

MorningMoon posted:

On one hand, it feels strange to be gawking at some guy hoping he'll ruin his professional life from moment 0, on the other hand I'm gonna bet he doesn't make it to night 2 of 'mania. I really wish he'd be in a Saudi show, but the ones in the first half of the year are inconsistent and will probably be after wrestlemania.

It’s objectively funny because Punk took the moral high ground for so long and now will either never mention it again or will act like he’s “changing the culture” at WWE while he does a stage dive in Saudi Arabia.

If he just said “I’m in it for the money” you couldn’t fault him, he’s a landlord and needs his money.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Doing a worked shoot thing with Seth Rollins "Getting angry" is a really good idea. Both Seth and Punk are known for their senses of humor and ability to have others point out their flaws and insecurities, and basing a storyline around this will definitely not lead to either of those confident and secure men losing their goddamn minds.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The announce team went out of their way to make it seem fresh (and sell it as a “shoot”), but it sounded a lot like other babyface “shoot” speeches we’ve gotten from guys like Lexis King and Pineapple Pete after leaving Tony Khan’s employ. It was also short on details about what his plans are - or what WWE will have him doing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wonder if his true believers will still back him if he does a Saudi show

“Who better to help spread progressive beliefs in Saudi Arabia than CM Punk?! And the money he gets paid, presumably he’s going to donate that to charity!”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

ChrisBTY posted:

Also this pretty much kills any chance for Cody to #finishthestory at WM40 doesn't it?

Cody's a smart guy, he just needs to put a call with the Bucks on speakerphone backstage and Punk'll melt down again.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Drakkel posted:

Cody getting hosed over a second year in a row is the funniest possible option so that's probably what's gonna happen

"Hey Tony, funny story but Brandi is SUPER happy being a stay at home mom. Go figure, right? Anyway, how are things with you?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Alan_Shore posted:

New Day to AEW.

Many people been saying this

If they want to create a show entirely marketed towards my wife they need New Day vs Young Bucks with Big E on commentary and at the end of the match they team up and Big E dances.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Alan_Shore posted:

Aw man now I bummed out after reading all these great ideas we'll never see

Never say never in pro wrestling. If I told you 5 years ago that Sting was going to be doing balcony dives and Bryan Danielson was going to be fighting Eddie Kingston you'd think I was insane.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I'm pretty convinced HHH legit hates Danielson for some reason and all of the "we need to retrain her" stuff is mostly a shot at him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

WWE is absolutely going to work themselves into a shoot over this.

And not gonna lie, I'm a little surprised Seth didn't refer to Colt as "Scotty Goldman" like that time Jade called Danielson "Daniel Bryan".

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

World Princess posted:

If they make CM Punk a pathetic toady for HHH and Shawn Michaels, I think that works as a gimmick but there's no way he can just go back to "I'm a punk rock rebel who tells it like it is" when he crawled back to WWE after how they treated him and everything he's said about them over the years. He has nothing to offer on the mic imo but he can still put on decent to great matches and I'm sure his WWE will be just fine if he can keep his poo poo together.

HHH and HBK aren’t heels in WWE, they’re Papa H and Uncle Shawn, they’re saving wrestling and actually we should send them a fruit basket for all their hard work.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Adrenaline
In my SLOM
Something Something
CODY RHODES

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

AEW was real good at first at playing to Punk's strengths in the ring. Lots of moments where he'd get outmaneuvered or overpowered by someone, then use his wits to come back. The Dog Collar match with MJF kicks rear end and was probably my favorite Punk match ever.

That said I think he totally lost steam after that and somebody, possibly Punk himself, decided he should instead just beat everybody all the time and also try to do moves that even a physically prime Punk couldn't do. Like him loving up the Buckshot could have been a good story beat but time has shown us that's not what it was, it was just Punk trying and failing to prove he could athletically hang with the best in AEW. I really did not like final stretch in AEW but I fully admit a lot of that is because I was over him as a person at that point.

Getting elbow dropped by Kojima loving ruled, though, so it wasn't all bad after that.

Punk's not as physically gifted as Hangman but (at his best) understood how to structure a match better. But Hangman just had the best Texas Deathmatch of all time, so it's not like they're miles apart on this stuff.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Alaois posted:

if CM Punk drew so much money why's he such a brokeass

Too many Starbucks gift cards for the women of AEW, and it's about to get a LOT worse since he's got the Raw, Smackdown, and NXT women to shower with lattes.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

UnleashedDad posted:

Isn't Norman the women's trainer

"Norman, I swear to God if you hurt these girls I'll kill you. GIRLS DID YOU HEAR THAT? I'll PROTECT YOU! Let me know if this Norman guy is bothering you, okay? Just think of me as your Dad, okay? In fact, if you want to call me Dad I'm all for that, haha, like as a joke unless you're into it maybe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The Rock is an insanely charismatic guy but he's also 50 years old and desperately needs to reinvent his on-screen persona because it's just not working any more.

He also seems to really have a problem taking criticism lately which is weird because he used to be really good at taking the piss out of himself. Like Black Adam was bad (not as bad as people made it out to be, but still bad) but he's going to pretend like people were really clamoring to see his version of Black Adam beat up Superman and Batman or whatever for the rest of his life. What happened to the guy that dunked on Doom all the time?