Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm partway through Seitokai Yakuindomo and did a double take when I eventually noticed GoHands in the credits. It actually looks like it's animated competently. Man, what happened to them?

In one of the first episodes there's a long tracking shot through the school and up the stairs like the one in Glasses Girl that made me think about it, but I didn't realize it was the same studio until now. I wonder how much of the same CAD files they recycle from show to show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm translating video game stuff and it's hard work but it's cool.

Does mean I don't really have time for anime or video games atm though

That is very cool actually

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm translating video game stuff and it's hard work but it's cool.

Does mean I don't really have time for anime or video games atm though

you are the anime now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm partway through Seitokai Yakuindomo and did a double take when I eventually noticed GoHands in the credits. It actually looks like it's animated competently. Man, what happened to them?

In one of the first episodes there's a long tracking shot through the school and up the stairs like the one in Glasses Girl that made me think about it, but I didn't realize it was the same studio until now. I wonder how much of the same CAD files they recycle from show to show.

gohands has always had talented animators and continues to. they just... also got hooked on the idea that shots like that defined their Studio Identity. they're like a more hyperactive ufotable that's more fixated on making sure you can barely make out the animators' work under the digital effects, after tasking those animators with the most unnecessarily complex shots possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of which, I gotta get around to working on translating the next chapter of Sworgrader tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it until April but it came out like a week ago lmao

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Runa posted:

That is very cool actually

It is, and it's just temporary until the notice period for my current job is over and I can switch over to full-time translator thankfully. Just a month and a half to go.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i'm playing rise of the ronin and accidentally made my character kinda look like maki itoh so now i'm deeply into the idea of maki itoh trying to assassinate matthew perry

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

i'm playing rise of the ronin and accidentally made my character kinda look like maki itoh so now i'm deeply into the idea of maki itoh trying to assassinate matthew perry

i think she's a bit late for that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Assassinate Matthew Perry?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Colonel posted:

gohands has always had talented animators and continues to. they just... also got hooked on the idea that shots like that defined their Studio Identity. they're like a more hyperactive ufotable that's more fixated on making sure you can barely make out the animators' work under the digital effects, after tasking those animators with the most unnecessarily complex shots possible

It's so weird because with the reused assets, you can do a direct comparison and see how much better it looks if they tone down the GoHands. It's like they just cranked up the FoV slider to put more "stuff" onscreen but it ends up making everything look off-kilter.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

symbolic posted:

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

symbolic posted:

mission successful

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just realised that I've been posting on this crummy website for over 10 years, the hell?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
skill issue, ultimately

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I just realised that I've been posting on this crummy website for over 10 years, the hell?

hell yea brisket

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

hell yea brisket

I was a May main actually

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibblebibble posted:

in a few months I'll have been posting for twenty years! ooooOOOOooo the passage of time e is spoooooky!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

same but also this website kicks rear end

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I love to laugh, online

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If anyone cares, the Sand Land dub releases April 10th.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

If anyone cares, the Sand Land dub releases April 10th.

Is that going to be for the new episodes only or also for for the film that was edited into eps?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I doubt they’d only do the second half.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Coxswain Balls posted:

It's so weird because with the reused assets, you can do a direct comparison and see how much better it looks if they tone down the GoHands. It's like they just cranked up the FoV slider to put more "stuff" onscreen but it ends up making everything look off-kilter.

Want a Hitchcock/ingmar bergman anime now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1773004097685184573

What? I thought it had like ended.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I suppose someone out there was asking for more. I don't know why.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

I love to laugh, online

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I have better taste than and am on the good poo poo years before most of my irl friends because of this forum’s manga recommendations. therefore posting is unfathomably win.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
reading a manga called (Abu) Normal
its such a train wreck, about an office lady (29) that's a bit not right in the head, and just wants to be normal, and just has no rational (or maybe too rational) or filter. And just ends up in a situations with a bunch of terrible humans. and scares them all. because she acts abnormal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maintenance guys on the rooftop managed to drop something that put a massive dent in the elevator shaft which means its now out of order. So all week I've been taking the stairs up to the 8th floor and then down again whenever we get a package delivery.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

GateOfD posted:

reading a manga called (Abu) Normal
its such a train wreck, about an office lady (29) that's a bit not right in the head, and just wants to be normal, and just has no rational (or maybe too rational) or filter. And just ends up in a situations with a bunch of terrible humans. and scares them all. because she acts abnormal.

wow that reminds me of you, and how you have no filter for posting disgusting fantasies that make everyone uncomfortable

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Maintenance guys on the rooftop managed to drop something that put a massive dent in the elevator shaft which means its now out of order. So all week I've been taking the stairs up to the 8th floor and then down again whenever we get a package delivery.

at least it's not your living space?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
dang it's been five years since beard gorilla wrapped up, and the mangaka has still been hard at work since then, focusing on a couple of BL series and a mature SOL series

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Srice posted:

Less about AI images and more about the general trend but job hunting sucks so much right now because of how dumb it is. I'll apply for jobs and a few hours later get an automatically generated message saying that I'm a poor fit for the job because I don't have a bachelor's degree. The thing is, I have a master's degree but the AI is such dogwater that it considers it to be a fully separate concept from a regular ol bachelor's!

I've been jerked around by an ai trying to get a cushy bank job from a temp agency for the past four weeks lol

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Srice posted:

Less about AI images and more about the general trend but job hunting sucks so much right now because of how dumb it is. I'll apply for jobs and a few hours later get an automatically generated message saying that I'm a poor fit for the job because I don't have a bachelor's degree. The thing is, I have a master's degree but the AI is such dogwater that it considers it to be a fully separate concept from a regular ol bachelor's!

I am absolutely convinced one employer I keep barking up the tree of is just tossing every loving resume at machine-learning garbage before a human. First position I go for I get two forms and an interview in before they just send me a message going "TOO MANY APPLICANTS, BYE". Second time they tell me somehow the job I'm being hired for, I am overqualified for (true) but this gets me to three interviews before they cancel the position. Third time, gently caress me, let's find out, because this same goddamn thing opened again and I still need work.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

Seriously peep run away with me girl

hey i just finished this and it is so good that i think the entire adtrw chat thread should be recommended it once again. thats a tremendous graphic novel imo

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

hey i just finished this and it is so good that i think the entire adtrw chat thread should be recommended it once again. thats a tremendous graphic novel imo

Echoing this ☝️

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
chu chu don't eat the eraser

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I've been jerked around by an ai trying to get a cushy bank job from a temp agency for the past four weeks lol

dang. hope you can find a way through that bullshit!

claw game handjob posted:

I am absolutely convinced one employer I keep barking up the tree of is just tossing every loving resume at machine-learning garbage before a human. First position I go for I get two forms and an interview in before they just send me a message going "TOO MANY APPLICANTS, BYE". Second time they tell me somehow the job I'm being hired for, I am overqualified for (true) but this gets me to three interviews before they cancel the position. Third time, gently caress me, let's find out, because this same goddamn thing opened again and I still need work.

I've run into a bunch of jobs where the posting says they are urgently hiring, I interview with them, sometime later they email me to say they selected a different candidate, and yet a week or so later I see that they reposted the exact same job. It's the pits!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a surprising amount of job listings that only exist so the employers can tell their already understaffed workers "look it's fine we're hiring more people, we swear"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a surprising amount of job listings that only exist so the employers can tell their already understaffed workers "look it's fine we're hiring more people, we swear"

Man, that’s way better than my old job where the store manager just blamed overnights for all the problems we had and claimed we were at the required staff numbers despite everything falling apart.