Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

mega man xxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IIRC that poster 'famously' appeared in basically any thread that said Edelgard's name to talk about how evil she was and poo poo like that. Powerfully stupid poster.

im pretty sure those are two diff posters cause i think the one you mentioned is also a weirdo about ff14 and wow????

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Shinjobi posted:

also I feel like I got lazy cause I never gave Stephen Universe a chance just because I was being bombarded with ads for it and told it to pound sand--clearly I could have found better reasons to never watch it, from the sound of things

imo its a cute show and i liked it a ton but also i don't think it should be the Only Way Rep Is or anything like people on twitter or w/e say, its just a pog show

also the black eagles are pretty cool......

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

im thinking about the main characters in zetman looking like they aged 10~ years in between ep 1 and 2 now.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

are there any infinity train psychos? I think maybe I could manage that

im pretty sure there are, On Line.

also i really liked new she ra and su future lots...... they were pog too!! never saw infinity train but it seemed nice :)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

anime hair is cool, i like the fluffy style with the curls all here and there in 70s-80s stuff

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

starship operators was boring...

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

yeah evil walkure was lame + the baby wife stuff is some twilight poo poo. by and large I like it though, or maybe its just because delta is such a low bar

the baby stuff was like, the baby absorbed freyjas song vibes or whatever and then looked like her right???

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Arc Hammer posted:

I've never had bubble tea is it any good what does it taste like? Tea leaves drowned in milk?

its good!! its tea, with some sugar or smth added, and then sometimes theres milk and then you can put tapioca bubbles or pudding or jelly :)

lately i get my milk teas with lowered sugar tho

homeless snail posted:

yeah I guess, not really sure what they were trying to imply there other than, freya living on in some capacity because they didn't really want to kill their idol protagonist

shes a metaphorical child, i guess??

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

I don't like the jellies.

grass jellys good to add some bitterness tho my fave kind is coffee jelly but, the only place nearby that used to have that as a topping stopped offering it a few years ago.....

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Endorph posted:

she's being very Online but the whole 'voicing PoC' discourse in recent days with dubs is weird

like yoruichi is a dark skinned japanese person not a black woman. the dub has dozens of white people voicing japanese characters. suddenly this one is a problem because she has dark skin?

she could be japanese and also black, maybe

but also i think its mostly an issue cause tons of big western VAs are white while PoC VAs tend to get disparaged or ignored, leading to people wanting them VAing more chars even if they're not the same ethnicity

i do think things are changing a bit wrt more diverse VAs though, off the top of my head switch live a lives dub had a bunch of new VAs that matched up with ethnicities iirc and it was v cool :)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

on a vaguely related note, for some reason my mind keeps drifting back to cielos dubbing from digital devil saga and his big accent in that...

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

happy halloween :)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Southern Cassowary posted:

what forums did y'all read before sa?

i posted at board 8, the gamefaqs contest board, in middle school. i have no idea why.

eventually i left for hardocp, then here.

for me it was gaia online -> tv tropes forums before quitting -> here

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Meowywitch posted:

thats dire bud

it, was ok i guess. im still in touch (kinda with 2 of em) with 3 people from tvt and they're p cool!! at least here on SA i ended up meeting lots of cool people as well :)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

999 seemed pretty cool from what i remember reading from it via a lp (kinda bloody tho), but i barely remember anything from a vlr one except that the 3d models looked a lot jankier than the old sprites did, and apparently ztd did that again + a art shift??

Endorph posted:

the person making those complaints doesnt even know japanese you moron, and neither do you

'we completely fell for it' is a literal translation of this line that google translate spits out

however what's actually being said here is, 釣られ. which uses the kanji, 釣. this means angling, fishing, getting hooked (by fishing bait.) the character is saying he got baited and hooked like a fish. the translation keeps this. the google tl he spits out does not.

sit down and shut the gently caress up about poo poo you dont understand.

Endorph posted:

and if you were getting probed for this six years ago im sure the flashcard program you launch every 13 days so you can say you're 'learning japanese' as you hit the translate tweet button on jp fanartists talking about their dinner would be a more worthwhile use of your time then crying about poo poo you barely grasp

lmao
its always really cool seeing comparisons from og scripts to translated stuff and seeing ideas for why there were changes and whatnot, but its a shame that wells gotten poisoned so hard by bigoted machine translation worshipping losers :(

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the turks suck so hard they rule

ff7 ftw.....

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

show is fine for shou but i will never accept chum over cham. :colbert:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the eclipse was p cool... we only got 90% totality tho so i think the sky just dimmed a bit??

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Meowywitch posted:

oreo os taste like poo poo

oreo os are good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

verbal enema posted: