Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pan Dulce posted:

Sasaki to Pi-chan was so weird. I don't know if I like it yet or not. Between the isekai bit, the psychic bit, and what appears to be a mysterious schoolgirl (who may be jealous and likes you), it's a lot to take in. I haven't read what it's based on. Does it get even more convoluted? In a fun way? Does it get uncomfortably weird with the girl?

Wish I knew. The english manga only goes up to volume 2, and I haven't delved into the 6 released LNs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pan Dulce posted:

Just checked out 7th Time Loop. I know, I know, another freaking isekai, but the art is interesting and I like that the heroine has lived out so many lives she just couldn't give a poo poo anymore and wants to live a relaxed life with the guy who killed her in her most recent past life, the king (soon to be Emperor).

Does it really count as an isekai if they're not from a different world? Poor girl is just stuck in a groundhog day setup.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GateOfD posted:

is Undead Adventurer the undead one where he's super OP, and a good guy, but everyone thinks he's evil and runs away or keeps trying to kill him

Not really. He is a good guy, and not terribly OP (though he does grow stronger rapidly), but no one runs away or tries to kill him. He largely keeps his undead nature hidden from all but his closest friend until he can pass as human-enough.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Villainess Lv 99 is good; as others have said the leveling is already done, so it’s basically a slice of life/comedy about a musclehead with no social skills trying to deal with other people who are (rightfully) wary of her.

The Ultimate Tank is pretty meh, or at least the manga was. It’s a more typical power fantasy where the MC is already super strong but just continues to get stronger, all for the sake of his sick little sister. While it’s probably not awful, the manga was so bland that I’d be hard pressed to give the anime a try, even as filler.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's also one of those "I was fired from the Hero's party but then I discovered I had a secret power which is completely OP" fantasies, and everyone has RPG game stats.
It also has some dungeon management game elements going on, which I haven't seen before. So not only does he have to level up his own powers and his own party but now he has to level up the dungeon he's in control of so it'll generate new and bigger monsters to keep the town's economy growing

I wish they actually did anything interesting with that mechanic, but the manga just has him cheese it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Seraphic Neoman posted:

-Shangri-La Frontier on the other hand made a sick transition into anime format, it's good, it's funny and I'm having a great loving time. The current fight felt lengthy but never to the point where it felt like it was trying to pad the runtime. All the characters ar pretty likable, the heroes actually make plans, aces aces aces.

-Level 99 Boss is okay. The show sorta has one joke and hopefully other characters start doing other stuff because it's wearing a little thin.

-Unwanted Undead Adventurer sorta loses a little something because the original art style was so moody, but it's nevertheless a solid fantasy show. It's kinda nice when everyone is just like A Good Dude, though I may say that because my brain is thoroughly isekai-poisoned.

-Shangri-La has definitely been one of the highlights for me. They've done a fantastic job of translating both the style and the humor of the manga to the anime, and I'm loving every minute of it.

-Level 99 Boss is about to start adding in some additional elements, but honestly it will never let go of its' one joke.

-Unwanted Undead Adventurer is in a bit of a weird place. I loved the novels and the anime is doing a good job of bringing them to life, but it's a bit of a slow burn since there's nothing really major pushing the plot forward. Still a very solid fantasy show, with blessedly little LitRPG elements.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sentai Daishikkaku (Go! Go! Loser Ranger!) seems kind of interesting, at least from the 23 chapters I've read tonight.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

The obligatory isekai I'm interested in is Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru. tl;dr MC isekais into the son of a minor noble. He's otherwise unremarkable except he can see the stats of people around him and their potentials and aptitudes in various combat roles. And with that skill, he aims to map game create a prosperous and kind nation

The only things I remember liking about that series was that it was originally being scanlated by a group called "We Hate Isekai" and they would do an end page for each chapter dunking on the story.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Huh Villainess Level 99 is significantly different from the novel and the manga.

or just further ahead than the manga

It passed the scanlation last episode at least.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Doodles posted:

Shangri-La Frontier - The best video-game focused anime EVAR, with my second favorite opening of the season. (First is the opening to MASHLE season two. Not a fan of the show but by god does "Bling-Bang-Bang-Born" make you want to get up and eat creampuffs.) I've said this a lot, but it's true: This show is junk food. High quality junk food. A Five Guys burger with all the fixings, chili-cheese fries, and a chocolate malt from the Coldstone Creamery next door. Or a pizza you get from that hole-in-the-wall place in town that makes all the chains look and taste like cardboard. Absolutely delicious, uttterly empty calories, and I so dearly hope that it gets more seasons.

Season 2 is confirmed for October, so you've got your wish.

That being said, I don't know that I'd necessarily call it junk food. It wants to be a fun show about idiots exploring a cool video games, and it nails that concept. And really I think more works could stand to do that instead of spreading themselves too thin or aiming for depth yet constantly stumbling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Shangri-La isn't bad but I really do think it has a pacing problem with dragging stuff out. The Weathermon arc and the current arc really feel like they should be like 1 or 2 episodes shorter and like the anime is trying to pace itself like the actual web novel

It's pacing itself pretty much exactly the same as the manga did; I can't think of anything in the 58 chapters they covered that got cut.