Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Beverly kills was back in Brisbane presumably for personal stuff BC she did a random night hosting drag bingo at my work which is an absolute piss ant gig even by local drag standards and it was great. I normally finish work and go have a beer in the smoking area at the end of the beer garden where it's held and I've seen the two regular hosts tell a lot of the same jokes over and over and you can tell it's a bit rote for them but I booked a table this week and they were having an absolute blast, you could tell they'd known Bev for years and were having a blast with a fresh crowd and their and Bev's shows were great and my housemate won the last round so we got very drunk and her 17 year old daughter was having a great time being at a local drag show and it was her first live drag show outside of werk the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I loathe the talent show format tbh but this was a good episode overall. Sapphira is just everything for me. Dawn also has a lot to show I can tell and I can't wait to find out what it is. No real weak queens but xunami was underwhelming but had some real gem moments tucked in there so I can sort of see her really doing well

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pan Dulce posted:

I remember Danny Beard/Cheddar Gorgeous. I remember (before I dropped Canada that season) that I was fond of Giselle Lullabye. I remember NOTHING else. Just vague notions of liking those three.

I've got some good news for you on how that season of Canada ends then

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

plane jane rightly reading megamis act as lacking substance was even funnier given how completely dumb and pointless her own act was. I love to hate her a LOT

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ru Paul emerges from behind the desk for a wide camera stage shot dancing. The harvest will be good this year

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't believe I'm feeling empathy for plane Jane but the fact she had clearly been crying in the first scene gave it a very different feel once it was pointed out to me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I know way more iconic cher looks by sight than I would have thought before this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love watching people have mild panic attacks on stage... Not!!!! Rip mirage I love you I think it shouldn't have mattered you didn't know the words you were amazing

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the untucked context for mirage not knowing the words is so heartbreaking and now I'm rewatching buffy. Great untucked episode and tbh the editors did good work this episode

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This has been a very good season so far and tbh the only critique I have is they need to introduce the fame game poo poo in some form to have a specific "official" look at early out queens looks so I don't need to trawl twitter or insta looking for them

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can tell mirage lives in la BC no way is she getting on a plane with those drag containers. It looks like a smaller version of whenever I move house and don't pay removalists so I can just stack them up on the bed of a ute

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think plane Jane has probably accidentally stumbled into, accepted, and then regretted being the series villain as a complete cycle at least once per episode so far tbh like I feel like I can sort of see her feeling out her role in the cast very obviously

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mh'hiya was much funnier than I was expecting her to be this week so I guess that saved her. Like she wasn't incredible but I got a sensible chuckle out of it. Geneva was the one I just didn't understand but the character she was playing was just someone I had never heard of so I don't even know how badly she missed the brief on that one.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Chewbecca posted:

Wait, when was she crying? Like in the opening of the episode??

Yeah I'd have to go back to the previous untucked to pin down a timeline but by the start of the episode where they come in after the previous episode she's got a couple of makeup streaks from crying

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Tired Moritz posted:

theres like a million drag race seasons. is the newest one good?

Like realistically I'd say there's better seasons but it's pretty good and you could do much worse having it be an introductory season

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My wife is doing an improv show ripoff of snatch game of love so we are speed running the snatch game of loves

I forgot how bad the first one was holy poo poo

Second one is pretty good, and I forgot the gag with Jeffery boyer Chapman where he and Ru have this irrepressible but unrequited sexual chemistry whenever he is on all stars. Shae going in on flayva flag owns too lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lmao when Michelle read morphine for making her butt lift a punchline too much I immediately thought 'every accusation is a confession'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah plasma didn't get immunity for her week either I only just noticed that when they were in the potion use phase

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Given her age and general demographics there is a good chance megami has registered an account here

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Chewbecca posted:

Man I better be able to get this in Australia on Stan

The last season is up on it so it's pretty guaranteed I think, usually Stan has previews and promo tiles long after they've dropped other places so if there's no news on there I wouldn't be worried

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Espana is my top pick. I'd say it's better than UK even. Haven't seen any particularly bad ones (down under doesn't count BC I'm Australian) but I still haven't seen italy Belgium or France at all

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Remembered today apropos of nothing that Maddy morphosis played dad blues on the main stage in drag in front of Alicia Keys

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Noise Machine posted:

When Maddy pulled out the Squier Stratocaster I felt like the cis-het male community was being truly represented on Drag Race

as a cis man married to a woman I've never felt more seen

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Eej posted:

Still think it's extremely funny that Plane Jane redeemed her what appeared to be tryhard villain edit by explaining she just uncontrollably says whatever comes to mind without thinking about the repercussions until afterwards.

It's extremely relatable and also very annoying to watch lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Showing plane Jane scenes to my 4 year old niece when she asks me what the difference between a good lie and a bad lie is

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't find Jane's snatch game as funny as most other people but it was a competent snatch game performance andit's very funny that they basically pulled the rug out from under us with the confessional edits of Jane and dawn

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hannah conda is a joy and I'm glad to finally see her on a real season of drag race

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love that we have a queen that looks and dresses like a wharfie with a face full of lip filler

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pinwiz11 posted:

Here's my prediction: Plane gives M'hiya the immunity potion since next week is the last chance and it will piss off the other queens.

This would be incredible television and while I think m'hiya should have gone home already I kind of hope this happens

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You gotta hand it to her confidence not knowing all the words, to also do a wig reveal with nothing underneath it after doing the flower petals thing. Like you can't say she didn't try everything to stay

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think q/sapphira fit the brief inso much as I interpreted it as 'goth interpreted by couture" rather than the inverse which was how my wife interpreted it and agreed with youse

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That's mère

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Bookish posted:

I got myself a cameo from Mirage for my birthday and she is just the cutest!

I love getting cameos from queens as a little treat for myself or my wife it's just such a lovely little way to pay someone you like for a service from a long way away

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Eej posted:

I have no idea what Mhia's deal is where she's like constantly dragging on the ocean floor but has an insane ego because she's still on the show?

I immediately recognised what she's doing where you realise you're in way over your pay grade but you can't back out graciously without looking like an idiot so you just start acting like an rear end in a top hat so they have a reason to fire you that isn't "was not qualified for this job"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sapphira and m'hiya being about the same age tracks but I refuse to believe xunami is also mid 30s

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Watching snatch games on foreign seasons is completely bewildering. It's like being on another planet.

Tbf now you know how we feel watching d tier real housewife franchise impressions

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm so glad we're back on the site of one of Drag Race's best moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjvH9qie90

:allears:

:emptyquote:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

jimmydalad posted:

I need Carson to be a permanent judge or something. He’s easily the better than Ross Matthews and he was hilarious this week in the challenge and stuck to the character much better than Michelle. He was even funnier than half of the queens this episode.

Yeah the more I see Ross on screen the more I realise he has a schtick where he's an adorable squirrel Dom and that's it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Absolutely losing my poo poo at almost everything Hannah did in the latest UK vs the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you sort of put yourself in Hannah's mindset it makes sense really, like it was obvious scarlet was a bit pissed about being picked last week and Hannah was making a point of trying to create a positive space and sending Scarlett home was a way more efficient way of doing that than just sort of giving it that weird middle management mediation thing she went with at the start of the episode.

Also while I think scarlet was a poor choice last week I think she's kind of an obvious pick this week. Le grande dame and marina are both from fairly niche franchises and have absolutely dominated the competition and scarlet is from the big one where they win real money and also while she's had a good run she hasn't blown me away like the other two.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 24, 2024