Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

3: It's in her best interest to take a settlement as well so she doesn't have to relive and rehash all events in front of a room of people.

Also this (easier to just edit your quote)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

If I'm remembering correctly this is being filed in California.

It's filed in CT

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 4"

This officer is ordered by Vince to hire the victim. and is hostile to her. They were fired in November of 2020. This matches Mark Kowal.

Wouldn't this match Brian Nurse better since he was in legal and released in November 2020 as the lawsuit explicitly states?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/two-more-executives-gone-from-wwe/ (I don't have PWI and I'll admit I'm honestly not sure how accurate 411 Mania is. But it's based on WWE's corporate disclosure.)

And if the link is correct, it's especially damning that Brian reported directly to Vince.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 27, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Here is the massive write-up Dave did in the observer regarding this story. It's thorough so be warned.

Also, I forgot to ask - is this worth reading? I started it but stopped when he referred to Grant as Vince's "mistress".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

My kingdom for a wrestling journalist who could write a decent article without calling the victim a "mistress" or resisting the urge to work "no chance in hell" into things.

This is why I was baffled earlier when people were disappointed a lot of talking heads were silent on the issue.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TinTower posted:

On the identity of “WWE Superstar”, the two key points that indicate it being Brock Lesnar are as follows:

The fact the WSJ actually named Brock in the article guarantees it's him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Warthur posted:

Physical Trainer and Johnny Ace need to be criminally investigated though.

Laurinaitis is named in the suit. But this is an interesting point that Physical Trainer wasn't when he was actually involved in raping her as well.

(I say interesting in the sense of "I wonder why that is / what legal barrier kept her lawyers from including him")

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Can we not make the Vince/lawsuit specific thread about CM Punk?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

I keep wondering how long this has been going on for, to be honest. I can't imagine the victim at the centre of this and the hush money scandal was the only one to be treated in this way.

Rita Chatterton was 30+ years ago

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but it feels to me like we're only just scratching the surface of McMahon's extra-curriculars.

The really scary thing is the examples we have are primarily on-air talent. How many office types on the corporate side (like Grant) were victimized?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

It was always funny when wrestling fans would speak of Jerry McDevitt in hushed tones like he was a supersoldier lawyer.

It's very much the effect of having more resources at hand than victims/opponents where he couldn't lose. (And apparently Vince/whoever relentlessly intimidating victims as well.)

That said, thanks for digging that up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what’s the deal with sara amato / who is that

Sara Del Ray, former(?) female NXT trainer

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

What was it for aside from raping girls?

GHB simulates growth hormone production. So it was also used as a PED.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I didn't realize the grand jury investigation included an actual trafficking charge.

How the hell did McMahon come out of that seemingly unscathed??

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

According to one main roster star, nobody has talked to them about the situation from management, other than to tell them that Vince won’t be back. Instead they were told how successful the Royal Rumble was and how big the new Netflix deal is.

pathetic company

Oh so that main roster star was at the post-Rumble press conference too?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why is "smol bean" being used so much? Is it a reddit thing?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was it Vince that wanted to give him a rat gimmick? Or was that someone else?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

This sounds a lot like kanye's recent hitler tour

https://x.com/brandonthurston/status/1760342858488266931

Holy poo poo the audio for this is somehow so much worse than the tweets.

gently caress Cena.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The kindest read I get from Cena is the possibility you can hold space for someone you care about while holding them accountable for their actions, ie “I love my friend and they have something massive to overcome, if they can do that I’ll be here.”

This whole statement falls apart when 1) Cena only gives "accountability" a mention and nothing more and 2) he's playing this like Vince was diagnosed with cancer. Not systematically abused and destroyed a person.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

Tony Khan is Martin Luther.

No way would Tony Khan limit his theses at 95

e: crap I thought this was a different thread

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 23, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TinTower posted:

They've also alleged CO#3 to be Stephanie and CO#4 to be WWE's former general council Brian Nurse.

The article also notes Grant's lawyer confirmed these allegations were correct.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That’s what would have prevented all this, a company policy.

Just like any HR policy, it's all about protecting the company from lawsuits.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

What a good guy.

Jesus this guy just can't help himself from trafficking

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CellBlock posted:

The original XFL's selling point was "no fair catches" because they were trying be like "yeah, those wuss returners can't just wave off the other team". There was a 5-yard halo rule, though, so even though a returner had to run with the ball, you had to give them space to catch it. It basically didn't make a difference.

Oh, and when they built up for several weeks that there would be cameras in the cheerleaders' locker room.

Still creeped out by the ESPN 30 for 30 on the XFL where Matt Vasgersian talked about Vince in his ear telling him to basically be as perverted as possible talking about the cheerleaders.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Can the president pardon civil suits?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince sells his shares. John flip-flops. Hmm...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

and now from vince's camp

loving gross

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He should've just used the phrasing in the second tweet instead of the first. Not the place for a turn of phrase or trying to be funny.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Having admitted assaulters on the roster increases their legal risk so they're really easy to let go.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm gonna be so frustrated if the judge sides with McMahon/WWE regarding arbitration. The NDA itself is in question and taking wording from said potentially* invalid NDA to argue for arbitration is so gross. Also gross - the fact that they worded the agreement the way they did in the first place.

*potentially used here since it's one of the key questions in the case.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

i think the big question is and I'm sure Callis is gonna argue it is that if McMahon thought Grant violated the NDA why didn't he go to arbitration first like they're claiming Grant did. I think that alone probably makes the NDA moot as McMahon violated the terms to begin with

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but McMahon's argument is Grant went to the courts when everything should be handled via arbitration. Thus, he is trying to get the case out of the courts and handled by an arbitrator (where nothing is public).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

I believe they're arguing that if there was something Vince felt was a breach of the NDA to the point that he stopped the payments (which is the impetus for the lawsuit) he should've requested arbitration himself rather than unilaterally stopping the payments.

Ah yes this makes sense. Misunderstanding on my part!

I do hope the presiding judge recognizes that fact.