Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
If a settlement is what Ms Grant needs for at least a little bit of closure I hope she gets it. But if she wants to drag those motherfuckers publicly and have her day in court I hope she does. But it would likely be years away due to all the legal bullshit WWE would pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Evil Badman posted:

Can we have a standing agreement to avoid speculation of other involved parties not named or alluded to in the documents until they're revealed? I don't think we need to start adding people to this mess for failing to make a statement in the first x hours of the news breaking.

Yes, Mick and others should absolutely being making statements, but this situation is incredibly messy at best.

Idk, but if it were me I couldn't put out a statement condemning it and distancing myself from the company fast enough.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TV Zombie posted:

Is the best one can expect for punishment,for Vince,is that he is fired?

I'm not versed in corporate or business law, but from what I've seen and heard, Vince is very well insulated in his position and even with this it would be difficult to force him out.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

This is the best way to get any company to act...hit their bottom line.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

rotinaj posted:

Sure, but not just from Wwe/TKO. As has been pointed out, nothing from Austin, foley, undertaker, nothing from AEW, nothing from cultaholic, nothing from wrestletalk, POST just got something up shortly ago…

I was expecting to at least see the first few mentions of this story last night, but it feels like it has been moving agonizingly slowly

I wouldn't hold it against AEW for not making a statement. They have nothing to do with it, and it's extremely uncommon for competing companies to comment on pending litigation in any field, not just wrestling.

I mean, points to them if they do but I personally don't hold it against them if they don't.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

I think WWE/TKO are desperate to pin the whole thing entirely on Vince and a lot of fans in the IWC are desperate to absolve HHH of any wrongdoing because they like his booking and that's honestly most likely what's gonna happen.

Yeah I'm thinking they sacrifice Vince so it looks like they did something.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sexually assault women, get millions.

Capitalism!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ok, who??

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that vince had merch to begin with but also that removing it is taking some sort of stand

fuckin cowards

I'm sure demand was high for a shirt commemorating a match he won 25 years ago.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

Netflix has the opportunity to do the best thing for wrestling in decades

It all depends on if they think staying in the contract will be profitable.

It's not unlike the companies who know they have a harmful product and don't do a recall because that would be more expensive than paying settlements.

I guarantee you they're running a cost/benefit analysis as we speak.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Now mention his golden parachute.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
With as insulated as he was and with as quickly as he left, they absolutely threatened to come out with more. Ms Grant isn't nearly the only person they know about.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1751080352888610955?s=20

Hopefully Corporate Officer Number 1 is sweating right now

I'll believe it when I see it.

As long as Netflix is satisfied, id put money on them just axing Vince, settling with Ms Grant and all the other women they know about, *maybe* making a sizable donation to a charity like RAINN for good PR, and then hoping we forget about it.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 27, 2024

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

NowonSA posted:

I was hoping for some major "gently caress you Vince" chants or something at the Rumble, and despite his retiring I still hope that happens.

In general the crowd making GBS threads all over one of WWE's biggest events would be absolutely called for and a delight to see. And I think a strong and prolonged negative crowd response has a unique potential to cause TKO to really clean house of anyone remotely connected to this awful thing.

It would be nice but don't hold your breath.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
This is the first time in the 70 or so years of the company that there isn't a McMahon involved anywhere in the company.

As it should be. It's just weird to think about

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Majinfoose posted:

So no one else is going to face ramifications? To sponsors and WWE fans it's just "one bad egg"?

gently caress this company.

Yup .

The overwhelming majority of their customer base just thinks "Vince McMahon bad. Vince gone. All good now" as they groom the troglodyte in front of them and dodge thrown feces.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Majinfoose posted:

I'm a vegetarian

Thats ok there's hardly anything you can call meat in a Slim Jim anyway.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Worst person you know makes an excellent point"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just got banned from reddit, most likely because I asserted, not even that strongly, that Hunter was Corporate Officer 1 because I really haven't posted anything else in years.

I've been saying it a bunch in both Squared circle and WWE and they haven't touched me. Reddit moderating is so dumb.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Truther Vandross posted:

lol Ari knew about it. He also knows he's probably THE most powerful person in hollywood so nobody was going to gently caress with his daughter like that, which is all he cared about.

Oh he absolutely did. Companies don't make $9 billion purchases of other companies without extreme due diligence. They investigated every inch of that company before they bought it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Touché.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

AsInHowe posted:

That's absolutely insane. After the details of this lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

There's many more we'll never know about. It's never just one

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

davidbix posted:

We thought Vince and Laurinaitis's were aligned. We were wrong. Marchman's tweets with the key excerpts:
https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1753159312447250690
Also, Re: the Sara Amato thing:

Michaels didn't outright say she's still a full-time coach, but e still got super weird about it, saying she's so low-key that people don't notice she's there. Or something: https://streamable.com/pfioi8

"It's not my fault! Vince McMahon MADE me rape that woman! I'm a victim!!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

MJeff posted:

Yeah I can't get over the fact that Laurinitis is outright corroborating everything Grant is saying. That feels like he knows where the cannon is pointed and nothing is gonna stop it from firing and he just wants to get the gently caress out of the way.

Yeah that speaks volumes.

Not "I didn't do anything and I will do everything I can to clear my name blah blah blah." It's "yeah I did it but Vince made me rape her"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

And that 1975 thing can *sort of* be forgiven because kayfabe was so protected back then that those crowds thought that a legitimately terrible person had met his karmic end.

I know nothing of Bobby Shane but he was a heel in the 70s so I'm sure he was really over the top.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah that's incredibly quick, you normally don't see someone collapsing in a broken pile that fast outside a CM Punk appearance.

Bravo, goon sir

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Burn it to the loving ground

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The women's revolution will truly change WWE after all

Also, re: Vince's nutsack (words I never thought I'd type): there are men who would pay good money and enjoy very much having a woman do damage to their bits, so that might not be the deterrent you think it is.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 5, 2024

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Claytor posted:

There's a secret third option!

C) WWE is booking the specific sequence of events they are to maximize fan outrage, because they'd much prefer fans be mad at them for being mean to Cody than for anything else that might have come up in the last couple of weeks

I 100% unironically believe it's this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

1glitch0 posted:

wtf happened with Scott D'Amore? Can't I leave the internet for a few hours without something new happening?

Fired due to corporate restructuring

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 7, 2024

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Who inherited the work from Moolah though?

Now I’m wondering of all the issues Joanie Laurer had how much of of it was the psychological abuse from her WWF/E days.

Im sure a fair amount but she had a lovely childhood too

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

Why do you need the harness? Just dump him straight in.

Give him Owen's harness but tell him it's just a tour and he'll be completely safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

MassRafTer posted:

Someone in a group DM brought up they thought Triple H was #4 for that very reason and I looked at it and said no it can't be him, but he matches the description for 1 exactly and got me down that rabbit hole. Khan was the only other person who could, but I didn't think the language matched given how they described other people, but I was wrong. I also didn't think Vince would go with someone who had only been with the company a short time to play a key role in his cover up but I also forgot Nick Khan was at CAA and their connections to Weinstein, plus bringing aboard his creep friend who was fired from Fox.

If Stephanie knew, HHH knew.