Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonna need a video package, why are they pointing at their hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yes hello I would like to put it out into the universe that hook should work with Shane Taylor for a whole feud like the wwe did with finlay and Bobby lashley

Hook looks like a great babyface in peril, Shane looks like an insane killer, this match on botb has been really fun and they gel well imo

Whether they feud or hook even joins stp(i think that might whip), that could be cool

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer posted:

Showing you where to high five MRT

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MassRafTer posted:

They're super aggressive about high fiving, took all the wrong lessons from the Code of Honor.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

btdo spoilers

looking like pretty peter might be joining lfi?

I would love to see those sequences on teevee, they have been really good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh Brody and Darby was a great feud

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Sammy Guevara vs He Own Brain

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!

Gavok posted:

I'm doing a listicle on AEW's best storylines. I'm up for suggestions. Right now I have (in no order):

Hangman vs. Elite
Hangman vs. Swerve Strickland
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon
Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage
Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley
Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes
Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens was a great feud since that kickstarted AEW and I won't be convinced otherwise

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jeroen posted:

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens was a great feud since that kickstarted AEW and I won't be convinced otherwise

Jericho was mad because the fed wouldn't let him come out to Fozzy songs lmao

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Please let Hook and Shibata actually be money. Hook + a lot of people would have been money and that hasn't been allowed to happen yet.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jericho is a Hogan level liar, He had little to do with starting AEW it was Khan, Rhodes, Bucks, and Kenny

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jericho is a Hogan level liar, He had little to do with starting AEW it was Khan, Rhodes, Bucks, and Kenny

The TV deal becomes a lot harder without Jericho

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jericho was mad because the fed wouldn't let him come out to Fozzy songs lmao

gently caress, I hate to agree with the fed

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It was a retread of SEVERAL MJF storylines where the face had to do a gauntlet. It was turned on its head with Bryan by virtue of him being a violence pervert and enjoying the gauntlet.

It's a thing MJF has done a few times. Repeat story lines but this time the result is different. It's was the same thing when he re-did the whipping stipulation and Wardlow just kind of laughed it off while MJF got madder and madder.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
it's hard for me to be mad about the MJF gauntlet repeats because the thing is they're pretty cool. i love it when a guy has to fight a bunch of special attraction wrestlers.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Bryan vs. MJF feud was sort of rear end. Great match, though.

And OC vs. Mox completely fell apart after Mox won the belt. Everything after that was garbage, storywise.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
People being sick of MJF putting his enemies through gauntlets was some dumb rear end poo poo because they were always fun

Gavok posted:

I'm doing a listicle on AEW's best storylines. I'm up for suggestions. Right now I have (in no order):

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Cody vs. The Audience, Arn Anderson and Himself

Fuego vs. Miro

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cavauro posted:

what do you mean by side? like anti-aew? i think oklahoma is just horrific and transphobic

It was implied the only reason why they were aware of the match or even Nyla being trans was that some freak snitched on AEW to them a la the lights out match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh i get it now. i missed that part. ty

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jericho became disillusioned with the WWE after they hosed up the Owens feud, which partially led to him heading to Japan to face Kenny which led to him realizing 'hey whoa maybe the WWE isn't the be-all end-all in this industry' and without that revelation he doesn't spend more time with NJPW and doesn't end up helping AEW get the TV deal.

There are a lot of pieces that had to be on the board for AEW to make it early on and Jericho is right there with Cody and the Elite in terms of getting the ball rolling.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

seems like the wheels fell off for Nyla when she insisted on being paired with Vickie because they got along backstage.

Vickie brought nothing positive to the company and I’m not sure why she was there in the first place.

that said, I really miss Reba/Rebel. perfect goofy heel sidekick. hell, I even miss Britt. I ESPECIALLY miss Jamie. she’d put on some real sicko poo poo matches with Mariah, Emi, Shida, Athena, anyone who likes to hit harder than a motherfucker.

…oh my god we need Jamie and Miyu Yamashita in the ring together :getin:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Jericho v Kenny at wrestle kingdom didnt happen aew doesnt happen. Tony has said as much.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Ganso Bomb posted:

gently caress Oklahoma, burn it to the ground

As a person who was born and raised and currently lives in Oklahoma: :agreed:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just catching up on the thread...

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

Someone dug up something troublesome, the Oklahoma SAC has at least discussed taking action against AEW for Nyla Rose's match last December. Oklahoma has some incredibly archaic rules regarding intergender wrestling and as you can imagine how they classify transgender athletes.

and I wanted to say...

Ganso Bomb posted:

gently caress Oklahoma, burn it to the ground

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

No matter what you think of Jericho right now he was 100% the right pick for the first AEW world champion.

He's an extremely accomplished wrestler and him showing up in a different wrestling promotion than WWE was pretty shocking at the time. Even when he had his New Japan run, the general thought was "oh, he'll be back to WWE soon". This completely changed that and led to AEW feeling like a viable alternative.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Nea posted:

it's hard for me to be mad about the MJF gauntlet repeats because the thing is they're pretty cool. i love it when a guy has to fight a bunch of special attraction wrestlers.

that's where we got our first Bryan vs Takeshita match, wasn't it? good times...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I LOVED the Bryan gauntlet. That feud got me watching Dynamite weekly which lead me to watching Revolution which eventually brought me here :)

That RUSH match! That Takeshita match!!!! :allears:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Vandar posted:

Jericho became disillusioned with the WWE after they hosed up the Owens feud, which partially led to him heading to Japan to face Kenny which led to him realizing 'hey whoa maybe the WWE isn't the be-all end-all in this industry' and without that revelation he doesn't spend more time with NJPW and doesn't end up helping AEW get the TV deal.

There are a lot of pieces that had to be on the board for AEW to make it early on and Jericho is right there with Cody and the Elite in terms of getting the ball rolling.

TK I believe has said that Jericho-Omega is what made him get serious about trying to start a promotion because of how much that match drove NJPWorld subscriptions, so yeah in 2019 Chris Jericho was very important to AEW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Excited to see the Machine Guns in AEW. Even though you have a gun themed name and have done really good comedy in the past, please stay out of the Trios Title Swamp!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think Jericho is generally washed even though he can still go in-ring at times, but yeah no, AEW doesn't loving start without him. Pandemic era was a real team effort and he was also still pretty hot back then.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I think Jericho will find something that clicks soon even if he should probably be wrapping up soon. I admit his constant whining "THE LEARNING TREE" as Hook called him an rear end in a top hat popped me hard. I think tonight will really show if his new direction is going to work.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jericho stayed a babyface too long, although I think a lot of that has to do with Kenny's unexpected illness. He was just kinda... there for a while, not really doing anything and having matches that ranged from "not good" to "pretty fun", which isn't really utilizing what Jericho's good at.

But if he becomes a smarmy know-it-all? This could be gold.

I mean, he trademarked "The Jericho Vortex". He's a smart dude, he knows what's up.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My first preference would be for Jericho to take a two or three month vacation, but if he’s going to be around might as well be heel and not coming out to Judas.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

A Fancy Hat posted:

I mean, he trademarked "The Jericho Vortex". He's a smart dude, he knows what's up.

Not just that, he trademarked "Rarified Air Of Jericho," "Learning Tree," and "Educator."

I'm ready for "as your locker room leader" heel Jericho :yeshaha:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

"The Rarified Air of Jericho" is loving hysterical. Chris you've done it again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

remember the bubbly

remember the demo god

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The HOOK angle is deffo looking up now that Jericho's turning, but I'm really hoping it's just Jericho desperately trying to pull HOOK into the Jericho Vortex and not another new stable. It's kinda nuts when you think about how he's had almost a dozen people in his stables and both tag teams involved are currently broken up and Daniel Garcia is the most over person out of everyone.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It's Wednesday?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Maybe a bit controversial but

The Bunny and Penelope Ford vs. Anna Jay and Tay Melo - if only because AEW fumbled the aftermath of that so bad for such a great blow off match.
Also, I guess Britt Baker and whoever she was allied with at the time vs. Thunder Rosa, Tay Melo, and Anna Jay because the whole feud was about no butts vs. butts and that is just inherently hilarious.

I forgot! OC vs. Miro too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Jericho as an insane wannabe locker room leader giving people intentionally bad advice so he looks better is where I see this going. It also lets him riff on so many of the worst people out there.

Like he tells Hook he should start wearing an orange mask to honor his dad, or tells Top Flight that they should stay off the top rope and focus on submission moves instead.