Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I hope the students have read Vincent Bevins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

*5,000 word post followed by probe threat*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
uh herc always sucked

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
anti-zionist jews are a problem for them, for sure

a real problem...

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Terrorist Mobile

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lol that conservatives can't help stressing that Jews aren't white

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

We need to something about anti-semites like this Slutsky here.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Morroque posted:

Would that necessarily imply there is a form of lawful antisemitism?

that would be prosecuting jews for anti-israel statements

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
hey if there were big fires in multiple ivys at once would their insurers go bust?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

so there's this platonic dialog called menexenus. it's plato lampooning the kind of speeches athens had for dead soldiers. this kind of bland, generic, extremely long winded praise and extolling of vacuous merits. it's a comedy, it's meant to be funny, every time you think socrates is going to stop the ungainly long speech during a natural pause he picks it right up onto another tangent. there's two serious things that stood out to me though. as background, athens was a failed would be colonial state that just, within a generation, got whooped in a war it started and had a massive plague. so there's the expected nationalist undercurrent in plato's syq speech that kinda flows from a nationalist myth to blood and soil genetic superiority. there's also, and it comes up more than once, the notion that athens cannot be, could not be, was not, defeated. that the only thing that can/could/did defeat athens was itself, through treason or overconfidence.

this is not uncommon in antiquity or the ancient world. it was never, "their god was stronger, thus we lost." it was always, "our god refused to protect us, indeed caused our enemies to attack and defeat us because we failed to live up to our god's standard and this is our punishment."

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I thought Hamas did that to lure IDF soldiers out to kill them, except it was sounds of children playing happily.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Meanwhile, divestment won’t hurt Netanyahu or help Gazans — but it may mean lower returns for endowments. So do students favor higher tuition to cover this, or less student aid for marginalized students? And if universities divest all financial instruments linked to Israel, does that mean they must also sell all their United States Treasury bonds, since the U.S. government sends aid to Israel.

Imagine thinking endowment has anything to do with tuition.

my college tuition was 10% higher because my penis is 10% smaller than average, which is still good, practically big

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

The White House praised the actions of a group of University of North Carolina students who held up the American flag at a protest on campus over the war in Gaza.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4641989-karine-jean-pierre-unc-students-admirable-holding-up-american-flag-campus-protest/

what the gently caress who are these kids' parents

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

"People feel bad when they see what we do."

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

I legit don't understand how even the punisher skull fascist types can cling onto the US at this point.

Because the police protect them while they beat people up?

The response to Jan 6 wasn't to attack them. It was to jerk their leash.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Crazy that MIT, the smartiest smart place on Earth, still has to drive and park like a bunch of dummies.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
that's what dems do. they say they're doing the thing. then they qualify it. then they redefine it to mean whatever it is they ended up doing or not doing, which is never the thing they said they would do.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
a nuclear reactor and they dont even use it to power an electric transit system?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Last time I saw it, Symplicity was basically a job board for upcoming/recent professional degree graduates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
it would easier for them if israel got overrun and the protests became moot