Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sadly I can't find the manga in physical stores where I live or from local online retailers so I'll need to ship them in if I ever want them :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Sadly I can't find the manga in physical stores where I live or from local online retailers so I'll need to ship them in if I ever want them :negative:
I dunno where to look to get the OP and ED CDs, either, since Amazon Japan don't ship to Australia anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good ep, good end, bad place to leave the story :argh:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

FractalSandwich posted:

I dunno where to look to get the OP and ED CDs, either, since Amazon Japan don't ship to Australia anymore.

You could always use a proxy shipping service, although it'll cost you.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Thuryl posted:

You could always use a proxy shipping service, although it'll cost you.
Better that than nothing, I guess. Depends how outrageous their fees are. Are there any in particular that people like? I had the impression that they tend to be a bit sketchy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just use Amiami or I think CD Japan is still around?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endorph posted:

ngl i kinda hate this stuff. yuu's got a complex relationship with her own romantic identity but the author literally calls it 'yuri' and 'a love story,' it kinda feels like yet another excuse for people to go 'actually this lesbian romance anime isnt actually about lesbians'

I think a lot of this stems from homophobia. Unfortunately, a significant amount of yuri (not sure about yaoi, someone else can chime in) plays into the "just a phase" or "two girls at an all girl school get super close but drift away in the end". The "it's just a phase" part ties into a nice "yeah, same-sex relations aren't healthy in the long run, therefore" argument you hear a lot.

I know there was a manga recently, and I'm almost positive it's this one but I could be well wrong (I read a lot), where one of the characters was romantically involved with another, but the other said "it was a phase." The main character said no, it wasn't, much to the dismay of the other.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

iospace posted:

I know there was a manga recently, and I'm almost positive it's this one but I could be well wrong (I read a lot), where one of the characters was romantically involved with another, but the other said "it was a phase." The main character said no, it wasn't, much to the dismay of the other.

First part of episode 8, before the OP, of this very anime covers that scene.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nielsm posted:

First part of episode 8, before the OP, of this very anime covers that scene.

What I thought! Thanks for the confirmation.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Just use Amiami or I think CD Japan is still around?
Amiami say they're out of stock or something, but CDJapan should do the trick. Cheers.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

For those that liked the show, there's only another 15 or so chapters to get caught up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New chapter. Sayaka's only gone and done it in completely unambiguous terms. Wonder how Touko will respond?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

New chapter. Sayaka's only gone and done it in completely unambiguous terms. Wonder how Touko will respond?

I'd bet a great deal that Sayaka saying that she loves every part of Touko just makes Touko realize that she is not, in fact, necessarily destined to let Yuu down and realize that she made a terrible mistake running away from Yuu. Poor Sayaka. :smith: I'm more interested in seeing who Yuu talks to to get her courage back up, tbh.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just finished the show. I've already posted some opinions in the Winter thread and I stand by them. What a magnificent thing this was, though I'll be pissed if we never get a second season.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I tried this Manga once back in my feverish Yuri consumption phase, but bounced off of it pretty early on. Now that I've heard so many positive things about it I gave it another chance, and I'm glad I did, 'cause it's actually really good!
It's funny, one of the reasons I dropped it was because of how bored I was of the "third wheel best friend with a doomed crush on one of the main characters" trope but now Sayaka is my favourite character. Making her hesitation to rock the boat and confess less about a pathological attachment to the status quo and more about respecting Touko's boundaries and flaws, and giving her an already-existing history of struggle with queerness and relationships in a genre usually more interested in First Love makes her an interesting and likeable character. She comes across as very noble, and I do hope she'll get some kind of happy ending, even with the inevitable heartbreak coming her way.

I also liked this one-shot by the author.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Official anthology! It's cute.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's good, IMO

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The latest chapter is absolutely spectacular, might actually be the very best one so far. Sayaka's grown into an absolutely magnificent character, and an irreplaceable part of the story. You can really tell that Nakatani loves her a lot.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm really happy with Touko's reply here, she's grown a whole lot from who she used to be. Sayaka deserves a happy ending after all this, somehow, someway. I hope she finds a nice girl who loves her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also some discord friends shared this link with me: https://macadate.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/bloom-into-you-talk-event-beyond-the-last-stop-report/

Rough TL of a recent talk event held with Nakatani, her editor Kusunoki, the anime's director and character designer, and some senior staff. Some good stuff in there IMO.

Also, on a whim I made a pastebin of all the Nakatani Nio interviews I've read and could recall (also a general yuri roundtable involving the manga's editor).

https://pastebin.com/13YKFXQT