Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

The Moon Monster posted:

I was making spaghetti aglio e olio and thought "what about this but with rice." It's good! Is there some sort of international food authority I can go to to lay claim to the concept of frying rice in garlicky oil?

Indian Chinese restaurants. Only they use slivered garlic in addition to the oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Or like, all of the Philippines.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Yeah, it's known as sinangag and it's one of the best foods in the world.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

tokyo reject posted:

Sir, for $8.75 this will gently caress your whole world up https://www.thejapanesepantry.com/products/doubled-brewed-soy-sauce

We used this in a Michelin sushi spot I worked at. I eat this over sushi rice with an avocado diced up 3-4 times a week. Also they have some salt roasted sesame seeds on that website that'll make you feel like you've never had sesame seeds before

edit:

I really can't express how awesome that soy is. You'll literally be like Hillary with her hot sauce bottle in her purse and carry it around with you. I use it to season curry at home too. Or if you have an asian mart that sells sushi grade tuna, just slice the poo poo up and dip it in there. You really don't need anything else.

Needed to find this thread so I could reorder.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

ahem

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Charles posted:

Has anybody noticed that the soy sauce in packets tastes better than the ones in the bottle? Or is it just me? Is it a trick to get you to buy the bottle and they fill it with cheaper stuff?

Hydrolyzed soy protein is the poo poo and VH brand is my God.

srsly tho i use pearl river bridge dark and light

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

This. It is called Angry Lady because she's mad at you heathens for forgetting about the best condiment in the world.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Mister Facetious posted:

srsly tho i use pearl river bridge dark and light

Pearl River Bridge dark MUSHROOM soy sauce.

And I hate mushrooms. But I love this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Pearl River Bridge dark MUSHROOM soy sauce.

And I hate mushrooms. But I love this.

Haven't tried it. I do use multi-mushroom (msg) stock when I feel like bumping things up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Get this, if you mix butter with the soy sauce on the stove, then put THAT on the rice,it's really really fuckin good. Maybe a lil rice vinegar and ginger too if you want to get fancy