Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
:monar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When's the next forums state of the union due, q2 2021?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Jeffrey is good and cool, and we owe SA's continued existence to him.

If Jeffrey was loving my mother and he asked me, "Who's your daddy?", I would immediately answer, "You are, Jeffrey!" and give him a great big hug.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
If Jeffrey had not purchased SA it would almost surely not still exist.

That is a fact

So I'm quite glad he did :)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we owe a lot to computer programmers, you’ve gotta hand it to them, they’re the best and brightest and most toothsome bunch you could ever come across

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
here is a link to the funniest jeffrey thread of 2023, in the comedy goldmine, i don't want to spoil it but I assure you it's really good https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040032

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spinz posted:

If Jeffrey had not purchased SA it would almost surely not still exist.

That is a fact

So I'm quite glad he did :)

:haibrow:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Turpitude posted:

here is a link to the funniest jeffrey thread of 2023, in the comedy goldmine, i don't want to spoil it but I assure you it's really good https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040032

lmao that happened twice this year, funniest poo poo on the forums for sure

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I don't care if Jeff's downstairs neighbor complains about his somersault kick practice for a hypothetical partner, the guy brought the blue ribbon

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Turpitude posted:

This loving website

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Turpitude posted:

these social experiments are getting out of hand

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Turpitude posted:

I made it halfway down the first page and I have no context or understanding what the gently caress is going on

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

LaserPrinter69 posted:

I made it halfway down the first page and I have no context or understanding what the gently caress is going on

The tl;dr is that Jeffrey allowed previously permabanned poster Turtlicious to continue posting as Boba Pearl until she had a loving meltdown. Here is the key post:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well.....I suspect the first part of this is not true. The presence of someone writing credible death threats on the site in any form is serious as hell. I've been looking into it for a few days at this point, including contacting the payment processor and digging through the database, and got as much information as I could - this was doxxing combined with a death threat and this is easily warranted. I wanted to see if the person that did this could be found despite our store's limitations, and, if they are posting on this site, permaban them, and provide information to Boba Pearl to contact the police, if she chose to. Unfortunately, I am forced to conclude that Boba Pearl purchased these avatars for herself. The core of it is that she recently posted from one of the IPs that I have associated with one of the two avatar purchases, in a way that does not line up at all with the stories she told me. There are a bunch of details beyond that, but I don't really want to lay them all out here. It's bad and manipulative. Boba Pearl is someone I consider a friend, and it hurts to be lied to and misled in this way. I just really can't deal with writing up a big long post about the private conversations I had with her leading up to this conclusion, but I also can't leave it unaddressed.

To be real with all of you, I am....aghast. Boba, I went out on a limb by allowing you to return to posting on this site, previously posting as permabanned user Turtlicious, and I just.....don't know what to say. You posted about missing SPR the morning you did this. Did you not remember how this hurt people? Do you not see how concerned and worried this makes people in this community?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tell me if I have this right. So Jeffrey let a permabanned person come back and said person doxxed and death threated themselves with avatar purchases, and and the accusation is he allowed all this for the :10bux:?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Read that thread, what a great ride. My favourite part is the first half dozen pages of people clamouring for Jeff's blood and how dare he let it happen to that poster, and then the sheepish turnaround lol

Forums are funny.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It's SPR 2: Self-Purchased Death Threats Boogaloo, and it was funny as hell to see it all unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't know if you are religious, but praise The Pagan Gods