Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Some Guy TT posted:

my meta position on this thread is to just strike the moderator part from the thread title remove the sticky and make this the dedicated xinjiang thread exclusively for xinjiang related content

go more general
make it the dumb libs performatively yell at CSPAM thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

yeah keep this thread around, its been super informative and fun to post in, even if i still think its a trap that will get us all banned in the end

at first i thought it was the thread generating the most unhinged posting in c-spam but then someone referred me to the greenwald thread

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

my meta position on this thread is to just strike the moderator part from the thread title remove the sticky and make this the dedicated xinjiang thread exclusively for xinjiang related content

the eurasia thread is kind of unavoidably crowded and given how a lot of posters really care about xinjiang but do not apparently give a poo poo about anything else that happens in china it makes a lot of sense to just split this topic off into its own thread

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

the eurasia thread is kind of unavoidably crowded and given how a lot of posters really care about xinjiang but do not apparently give a poo poo about anything else that happens in china it makes a lot of sense to just split this topic off into its own thread
:yeah:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I feel like I've kinda juiced my lemon on this especially after making an rear end of myself so short of folks emerging from the shadowy depths and explicitly condoning forced reeducation I feel at peace with all this and free of animosity to my posting cohorts. I don't know that we resolved anything in a fully satisfactory way but I do think the views expressed to this point are not "there is a genocide and that is a good thing" and that's enough of a starting point to find some sort of comraderie.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

allow me to extend an olive branch to our trump thread posting pals

https://twitter.com/evazhengll/status/1375485784258674691

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Serf posted:

as a tankie, this is the tank i want to be

why would you pick the only one the tsarists produced

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Serf posted:

It only has two weak points!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Some Guy TT posted:

allow me to extend an olive branch to our trump thread posting pals

https://twitter.com/evazhengll/status/1375485784258674691

1/10

didn’t spell trump incorrectly

Serf
May 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why would you pick the only one the tsarists produced

because the other best funny tank was made by the nazis

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/PeterGuest/status/1375298489714757633

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dolphin posted:

if the us wanted to go to war with China we would have actually just invented poo poo about covid, that was the best opportunity not mistreatment of muslims

gradenko_2000 posted:

and then COVID, which I do want to highlight, because there's a parallel to Xinjiang discourse in that even if you talk someone down from the position of "COVID-19 was a genetically-engineered bioweapon" as overblown kookery, the same way we might say "well, they're not LITERALLY death camps", people are still prone to land on the marginally softer position of "okay, so China didn't CREATE the virus, but they did hide news of it when it first came out, and therefore they bear responsibility for its spread, which could have been contained more if only The World Knew Sooner"

Or, more recently, the allegation (as I'd posted earlier in that Politico piece) that China still isn't saying The Whole Story about what went on in Wuhan, which shifts the discourse from "we know they're doing something bad", to at least "it's unknowable at the moment", which still leaves the door open for something more nefarious without having to commit to a specific narrative.

gradenko_2000 posted:

100%

China let a WHO delegation do an investigation into Wuhan and the US response was that they were still hiding something regardless.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/545062-redfield-tells-cnn-he-believes-origin-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-is-a-lab

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

needs Western Sahara labelled as Taiwan

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Mar 27, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

needs Western Sahara labelled as Taiwan

that can just be Portugal

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf posted:

a penny farthing tank

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Some Guy TT posted:

but this thread is just full of people hellbent on doubling down on using a literal fundie death cultist as a source to demand their forum enemies be punished for genocide denial to advance a talking point thats among the most popular on right wing twitter right now and im just thinking do you people have no shame at all

its pretty funny tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Thank you all for coming together to try to reach a consensus we can live with in C-SPAM. I'll post some closing thoughts from the mods' perspective tomorrow but I'm going to go ahead and close the thread as promised, as I think it's fulfilled its stated goal.