Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you boot into bios on the deck?

no idea, what's the method and what can I tinker with there that'd help?

edit: trying to boot into bios makes the fan spin up I guess that's useful :v:

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Connect to the tv in desktop mode and check your display settings. I had the same issue once and fixed it there. Sounds like it’s booting fine and just not putting anything on the screen.

I looked at display settings first but I didn't see anything obvious, is there some setting that needs to be changed to make it display on the deck?

disconnecting while it's on and hooked up to the TV also instantly blacked the screen, so it's not displaying properly even even on

edit: tried manually lowering the res, still won't display disconnected

victrix fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

victrix posted:

no idea, what's the method and what can I tinker with there that'd help?

edit: trying to boot into bios makes the fan spin up I guess that's useful :v:

I looked at display settings first but I didn't see anything obvious, is there some setting that needs to be changed to make it display on the deck?

disconnecting while it's on and hooked up to the TV also instantly blacked the screen, so it's not displaying properly even even on

edit: tried manually lowering the res, still won't display disconnected

So when you’re in desktop and look at display settings, does it even see that there’s two monitors - the deck screen and the tv? If not it’s probably crack it open and check connections or RMA time.

If it does then you’ve got some kinda hosed up configuration, and if it’s not turning up easy you might wanna just make the system recovery USB drive and restore it from scratch.