Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I can't wait for the episode where Sauron tries to make Galadriel and the mysterious unnamed Istari forget everything by enchanting that river in Mirkwood, with hilarious consequences.

Only Nori gets affected, which turns out to be of some benefit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moltke
May 13, 2009
lord help me i'm still going to watch this garbage

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Plucky Brit posted:

I'm looking forward to the clumsy Trump metaphors shoehorned into the Fall of Numenor.

That whole Trump rally/they took'er jerbs! scene was the funniest poo poo in all of 2022

Asgerd posted:

Based on how the first season went, a lot of people are going to spend season 2 insisting that the show couldn’t possibly be doing Plot Point X because of how stupid and obvious it would be. The show will then proceed to do it without a hint of irony. This will happen over and over again.

And those same people will then go "well actually this is good and makes sense because X" without a hint of irony

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Gresh posted:

That whole Trump rally/they took'er jerbs! scene was the funniest poo poo in all of 2022

And lo! Isildur son of Elessar cried out "they terk our jerbsss!"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

Isildur son of Elessar

:hmmno:

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Nori and the wizard find a baby mountain troll and have to look after it until they return it to it's momma. The other halflings are not pleased and sing a song about how responsible parenting sometimes means letting your children find their own way home.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No, because she's trying to convince the main character that while she's not trustworthy they have aligned goals at the moment. That's harder if you're a giant bloated spider.

Counterpoint: ungoliant already did this successfully with Morgoth to attack the two trees.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Kaedric posted:

Counterpoint: ungoliant already did this successfully with Morgoth to attack the two trees.

Morgoth didn't think he was going to have to order Ungoliant to drop it and say MINE about the Silmarils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

WoodrowSkillson posted:

She transforms, the game just treats her as another Maiar instead of being a spider and only a spider and considering Tolkien never even explains what Ungoliante even is, a game that also posits the Helm Hammerhand is a Nazgul is hardly out of bounds. It plays with the story the same way God of War plays with mythology. the game rules.

Say what you will about Shadows of Mordor/Shadows of War, they latch very specifically onto the theme of "What would happen if people in Middle Earth really did use the tools of Sauron against him?" and executed that theme to perfection so well the player doesn't quite catch on what it means that they're running around with an orc army bound to them by fear and pain. It's a very neat and appropriate theme to explore with Middle Earth that Tolkien didn't, so I'm quite happy to overlook the lore discrepancies because they do such a good job with the theme. Compared to the current thread subject, where I'm somewhat unclear what the theme is even supposed to be, and it's no contest.

covidstomper58 posted:

Morgoth didn't think he was going to have to order Ungoliant to drop it and say MINE about the Silmarils.

If only the Spray Bottle of Darkest Doom had been made then. It at least kept all the dragons under control once he constructed it.