Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

thespaceinvader posted:

A couple of answers/questions: P1P1 I looked pretty hard at Glamer but the sword is useful enough that the mythic draft made sense to me at the time. Assassin P2P3 was because I felt super light on removal, and Coyote ain't that, but it was my next pick after Assassin. P2p7 Tinybones Joins Up is 1 mana for a crime it seems fine, especially with some of the double spell payoffs? But also partly a raredraft. What makes it unplayable? P3P4 was mostly the rest of the picks are mid and this gets me 20 gems because I already crafted the playset. I also had more doublespell than it looks like with the Plots.

I guess Akul was my big mistake but a 4 mana 5/5 flample is usually a pretty solid creature even if the other ability is basically unusable. The other thing that I did somehow miss though is that Stingerback doesn't have Haste like almost every big red dragon in almost every set usually does, and might have had me play differently in the games I did see it.

I also just kept coming up against people playing around Skullduggery effectively, which makes for a very annoying play pattern where I keep holding it to try to get the most out of it, when I could have just used it for a ping and drain and counter and kill a 1/1 but I hold it to try and get a kill out of it on something more useful - but the moment never quite comes because it's a pretty obvious card even when I'm covering up that I have it with an on-board mana sink.
P1P1 I get it, it's tempting, and maybe I'd have tried it too. I didn't check the games - did it do anything? If not, why? Are you less inclined to pick it if you open it up again? Knowing this now would be a great result of this as an experiment

P2P3 Assassin I've found is very easy to see coming for many opps, or rather they see anything coming - there's so much removal and other tricks (actually, not that many tricks per se...but you get my point) around that people will almost never block a 2/2 you attack into their 5/5 or whatever. On the defense, it's much worse like any trick on defense - e.g. you block with a 1/1 on their 7/7, then flash in the Assassin, they just counter it because they have all mana open. Or they see you chump their 5/5 with a 2/3 instead of double-blocking with it and a 3/3 while you're at 17, go "wait a minute" and Take the Fall your 2/3 so your Assassin doesn't do anything. You've seen yourself how well people play around Skulduggery already.

P2P7 You don't want to spend a card just to commit a crime. You don't really have that many double-spell payoffs, so again it's not worth a card (it rarely is, which is why UR performs so badly). If you can't make them discard late, it's complete rear end. The stats are truly abysmal!

Akul: yeah it's solid but it's not a high pick if you have an actual 3-for-1 blowout card as alternative. There's lot of cards in this set where you look at them and go "wow that's big/efficient/if I untap with it..." but for a slam dunk always gonna play that informs my deck's colors rare, that's simply not enough. Akul gets ridiculously clowned on by any G deck that can easily Throw it from a Saddle, block it with an Armadillo or Spider, remove it with its secondary color (B or W), or simply force you to block with it as they attack with a 5/4 that gained them 3 life. And that is again presuming that you can even cast it with its BBRR casting cost. You need to think more about how good the flashy rare actually is and how much it warps your deck - at any point in the draft. Like, Bonny Pall is an absolutely insane card that I always want to play if at all possible, the UU is tough sometimes but unless I'm completely out of her two colors I'm taking her in P3, and I'm probably always taking her P2 and ofc P1. Roxanne is in a similar camp. Bruse Tarl, maybe (not quiiiite as strong). And both of the latter are single-pipped for their two colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

thespaceinvader posted:

A couple of answers/questions: P1P1 I looked pretty hard at Glamer but the sword is useful enough that the mythic draft made sense to me at the time. Assassin P2P3 was because I felt super light on removal, and Coyote ain't that, but it was my next pick after Assassin. P2p7 Tinybones Joins Up is 1 mana for a crime it seems fine, especially with some of the double spell payoffs? But also partly a raredraft. What makes it unplayable? P3P4 was mostly the rest of the picks are mid and this gets me 20 gems because I already crafted the playset. I also had more doublespell than it looks like with the Plots.

I guess Akul was my big mistake but a 4 mana 5/5 flample is usually a pretty solid creature even if the other ability is basically unusable. The other thing that I did somehow miss though is that Stingerback doesn't have Haste like almost every big red dragon in almost every set usually does, and might have had me play differently in the games I did see it.

I also just kept coming up against people playing around Skullduggery effectively, which makes for a very annoying play pattern where I keep holding it to try to get the most out of it, when I could have just used it for a ping and drain and counter and kill a 1/1 but I hold it to try and get a kill out of it on something more useful - but the moment never quite comes because it's a pretty obvious card even when I'm covering up that I have it with an on-board mana sink.

re:skulduggery - it is worse when a deck is not forcing the issue to put creatures in combat. this deck has no pressure and cant force that issue, so opponents may not be putting you on skulduggery but they have no reason to risk a trick because their life total isnt being pressured on the ground. then skulduggery rots in your hand. this is one of the primary reason rakdos suck in this set. it is not an aggro pairing, so a lot of the synergy falls flat without another color pair that forces the issue over the top.

in general, you are missing out on other really good decks you could be drafting that are obvious in the moment. then you go into the matches dead to rights because you are playing a deck that doesnt have enough playable cards. you can play as well as the lords of Limited but if you draw 4 rakish crews you are going to lose.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I also really could have just killed both his creatures in game 1 before going down to 1, that felt like the way bigger deal since I would have been fine after I got the ogre in play. Game 3 there I think I was imagining getting blown out worse than that somehow, I dunno.

elaborating for game 1: yes, agreed. removing the turn two arynx in particular would have been my top priority. being stuck on 2 lands meant oppo would not be able to protect it from interaction both on their end step and in the subsequent main phase. assuming the very obvious snakeskin veil/take up the shield telegraphing, marchesa replaces the lost card. so I agree with your plays until the turn you untap with marchesa. I would not have played the 1/3 if arynx was on the board. I wouldn't have used metamorphic blast (interaction which I could save as late as possible in order to get both modes) to draw on oppo's turn 8, I would use marchesa to keep my hand full at that point. but given your decisions where you had the choice to chump and swallow 4 from the arynx, I would have done so.

kalel fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 30, 2024

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Simply Simon posted:

P1P1 I get it, it's tempting, and maybe I'd have tried it too. I didn't check the games - did it do anything? If not, why? Are you less inclined to pick it if you open it up again? Knowing this now would be a great result of this as an experiment

P2P3 Assassin I've found is very easy to see coming for many opps, or rather they see anything coming - there's so much removal and other tricks (actually, not that many tricks per se...but you get my point) around that people will almost never block a 2/2 you attack into their 5/5 or whatever. On the defense, it's much worse like any trick on defense - e.g. you block with a 1/1 on their 7/7, then flash in the Assassin, they just counter it because they have all mana open. Or they see you chump their 5/5 with a 2/3 instead of double-blocking with it and a 3/3 while you're at 17, go "wait a minute" and Take the Fall your 2/3 so your Assassin doesn't do anything. You've seen yourself how well people play around Skulduggery already.

P2P7 You don't want to spend a card just to commit a crime. You don't really have that many double-spell payoffs, so again it's not worth a card (it rarely is, which is why UR performs so badly). If you can't make them discard late, it's complete rear end. The stats are truly abysmal!

Akul: yeah it's solid but it's not a high pick if you have an actual 3-for-1 blowout card as alternative. There's lot of cards in this set where you look at them and go "wow that's big/efficient/if I untap with it..." but for a slam dunk always gonna play that informs my deck's colors rare, that's simply not enough. Akul gets ridiculously clowned on by any G deck that can easily Throw it from a Saddle, block it with an Armadillo or Spider, remove it with its secondary color (B or W), or simply force you to block with it as they attack with a 5/4 that gained them 3 life. And that is again presuming that you can even cast it with its BBRR casting cost. You need to think more about how good the flashy rare actually is and how much it warps your deck - at any point in the draft. Like, Bonny Pall is an absolutely insane card that I always want to play if at all possible, the UU is tough sometimes but unless I'm completely out of her two colors I'm taking her in P3, and I'm probably always taking her P2 and ofc P1. Roxanne is in a similar camp. Bruse Tarl, maybe (not quiiiite as strong). And both of the latter are single-pipped for their two colors.

P1P1 I drew it once, it didn't do anything except pump the Slickshot, and I probably wouldn't P1P1 it again over random remova.l. The potential payoff is amazing but 5 mana is a lot for something that doesn't do anything until you equip it and you have to be careful about when you do to avoid getting blown out.

Akul plus Knifepoint worked very well to avoid the 'they can just block it with their common reach creature' issue and indeed won me one fo the two games i did win.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Im kinda surprised by the terrible stats on sword, its a clunky card for sure but it also has lots of upside and has worked well for me in the right decks. I guess too much removal makes it too easy to get blow out on equip?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

babypolis posted:

Im kinda surprised by the terrible stats on sword, its a clunky card for sure but it also has lots of upside and has worked well for me in the right decks. I guess too much removal makes it too easy to get blow out on equip?
Is the upside even that high? First of all, it doesn't protect from a color, so you have just the +2/+2 to enable attacks - that might not be enough. Then if it connects, the first upside is a treasure (well, nice, but not amazing), and for the second, you actually need to have a spell worth copying. If that's a hard removal, sure, amazing. If you have a Take the Fall and a Counterspell in hand, hm. Skulduggery after attacks? Hmmm

It just doesn't give you enough and needs too much to really be amazing. It's fine but that doesn't really cut it for needing 3 + 2 mana up front.

Anyway, I started an OTJ Premier

https://www.17lands.com/draft/3d6ea1c1379f4f3291117e4cb5ef0917

This was a wild draft. I was originally considering a go-wide Boros space - something I was interested in trying out, there definitely are cards for it (Tycoon, Prickly Pair, Ertha) and it's not at all a deck of the week, so with a Trumpet Blast as a finisher I could see this be fun. However, W wasn't really there, but U was extremely open, so I decided to go base Izzet with a possible W splash, open for crimes if necessary.

What I ended up with was a bunch of busted rares, great top end, and hopefully enough controlly cards to survive until the end:

Maybe one of the Tethers should be a Stop Cold, now that I think about it.

The deck is 2-1 atm. Now, let me tell you about that loss. The opp has a single Vial Smasher that has been beating me up a bit, but I have my mana, a board and a whole bunch of top end I can just keep playing. They are also actually kinda low because they were up for racing. Hell, let me show you:

(they also have a Wolverine Plotted)

I've been shy about attacking previously because I didn't want to risk racing at all, after all I have insane stuff coming up. Now, I figure I can start pressuring - if I attack with two 3-powered creatures, they probably won't take it all? But maybe, and if they do, I can just play a huge blocker they'll probably have to use all their mana to remove. No way they can bring me down from 10 with just a Vial Smasher, right? So I make the attack, they just take it, and then - I don't really know why - play the Pulverizer, not the Sphinx. I think I wanted to be able to just ping them to death instead of having the Sphinx need to attack twice, or something.

Well, here's what happens:
1) they play Take for a Ride, stealing my Pulverizer
2) they play the Wolverine from Exile, which is their second spell
3) ping me for two, they scry something on top
4) they get to play it immediately with the Wolverine's effect
5) it's a 2 mana Rogue, pinging me for 1
6) they attack for 7, which is exactly lethal

Kudos for seeing that line but also lmao at me digging my own grave so insanely hard

Also shout-outs to the final game where the opp played Outcaster Greenblade - off the splash!, Omenpath Journey - same!, finding not a single ping desert (in fact, only two deserts, rest basics), then they played Insatiable Avarice (probably finding Jasper). I was extremely colorscrewed on R - only source Pylons, ALL my RR cards in hand - and hanging on for dear life against their early poo poo, mostly because I didn't want to waste my Aegis on said poo poo.

Well, they finally got their good card - did I mention they were Rakdos base? However, I immediately Aegis Jasper, then I can finally play my Sphinx as my second ever creature, greedily make that into Jasper, and proceed to draw one busted card after another from their deck - like literally three rares in a row - and they concede. What a dumb game lol

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I tried again and with how it went I think I'm just going to wait for another draft to be up in Premiere, but thanks very much for the advice.

e: aw poo poo Theros and Ikoria coming up, hell yeah

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 30, 2024

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Thoughts on the last couple of cuts here? It's my first time drafting U/R. Shackle Slinger seems the weakest card to me, not counting Gardener which mainly stays in to have a chance at enabling Breeches/Vault (though a mana dork with some life seems suitable). But I'm not sure about the other - I'd like to lighten my curve a little but all my 4+ cards are good to great.

Cards I already cut:

- Semi-vanilla dorks like Daring Thunder-Thief and Djinn of Fool's Fall
- Magebane Lizard, fits the curve very well but it's gonna hurt me more than my opponent
- Ferocification, seems strong but more of a RW or RG card
- Fleeting Reflection, neat but I can see it being dead or a 1-for-2 a lot of the time

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
Not sure I am setting myself up for perfect success with this Bo3 draft, didn't really go off the rails or anything, just never got around to prioritizing better fixing:

I have dance of the tumbleweeds, treasure dredger, oasis gardener, Map the frontier - that's more ramp than I would normally want (edit: fixing pretty okay, maybe, it's crime deserts I didn't line up the right colors for), but I obviously want to get to top end asap. Ankle biters and Desperate Bloodseekers for speedbumps - if I had more white in the deck I'd want the outlaw Medics for further speed bumps.

Would y'all put Bounding Felidar in? Iron Fist Pulveriser? Miriam? I'm playing Rush of Dread, right? Big Ramp deck, with turn 3 or 4 ramp, could cast turn 5 for discard and sacrifice?? Bo3 so hopefully I can see Vault Tyrant 2 out of 3 games and win off of that alone - probably not as back breaking as Gruff Triplets was back in that draft environment. I'm playing Overzealous Muscle at this time, so that's a sign it could have been a better draft lol

https://www.17lands.com/draft/491e2f39807d4aee9b6d6a6d1cfe517e/1/1

Link to the draft portion, I feel pretty okay about what I built, but I'm sure better drafters would have had a higher ceiling with basically the same lane. Missed a Fling, took the Miriam instead of Siphon Insight OR take the Shield... probably really missing Take the Shield for the lifegain, come to think of it. (EDIT: What did seat to my left take P2P1 INSTEAD of Vault Tyrant?? Probably Bonny Paul I guess) Thanks in advance for any opinions!

EDIT:https://sealeddeck.tech/l8aRQDcDxG

Ultimatefire fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 30, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Justin_Brett posted:

e: aw poo poo Theros and Ikoria coming up, hell yeah

Someone in wotc heard my prayer and has really up'd the legacy drafts. Theros into Ikoria into Guilds of Ravnica is the most consecutive non-standard premire draft's I've seen since starting to play a year or so ago. & that's on top of a Domniaria United quick draft.

Happy camper here.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

might get more people to offer build advice if you save the decks as is and export them to sealeddeck.tech

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sadly, lost two more times, 2-3. One loss was to Bonny Pall (I might have been able to hold a removal for a turn or two longer, dunno), one to a p greedy Mardu-base splashing G for Annie Flash deck. I drew extremely awkwardly (mana issues, not enough to double spell for example, everything at awkward times, never any target for the Sharpshooter), they had Humiliate for my Aegis, and in the end just more of everything. I thought I might have a chance because they wasted removal on a bunch of dumb poo poo from me, but in the end I drew lands and they drew Annie. No bombs to be seen.

Note that everybody in the Discord was like "drat you got the Tyrant, you win". Well, I played it twice and it immediately ate removal, it was hard to cast, it's just not a guarantee. I guess you can get immediate value if you plot a creature and play that after it, but it's not an instant win bomb by any means!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

for those asking what the good dimir deck looks like, this is it. I was looking for a splash but it came together to be the perfect tempo deck. I just hosed up their board early then ended the game in the air quickly while removing any blockers like an armadillo or cactus. what was on the ground ended up not mattering as the clock was too fast and i could chump with shitters and take the fall their guys into a rattleback for a clean 2 for 1 and 3 easy life. 7-0

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Simply Simon posted:

Is the upside even that high? First of all, it doesn't protect from a color, so you have just the +2/+2 to enable attacks - that might not be enough. Then if it connects, the first upside is a treasure (well, nice, but not amazing), and for the second, you actually need to have a spell worth copying. If that's a hard removal, sure, amazing. If you have a Take the Fall and a Counterspell in hand, hm. Skulduggery after attacks? Hmmm

Like, it's protection from about 3/4 of the removal in the set, and it makes even the 1/1 merc tokens relevant attackers - the treasure is a nice upside and there's plenty of removal, draw, etc you can cast in second main.

if you can get it on a firststrike or doublestrike creature it's also good - but on reflection it's definitely not first-pick level compared to some of the commons and uncommons.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013

kalel posted:

might get more people to offer build advice if you save the decks as is and export them to sealeddeck.tech

Derp, I was offered that advice earlier, thanks for reminder! Link for Sealed for this deck:

https://sealeddeck.tech/l8aRQDcDxG

Time posted:

for those asking what the good dimir deck looks like, this is it. I was looking for a splash but it came together to be the perfect tempo deck. I just hosed up their board early then ended the game in the air quickly while removing any blockers like an armadillo or cactus. what was on the ground ended up not mattering as the clock was too fast and I could chump with shitters and take the fall their guys into a rattleback for a clean 2 for 1 and 3 easy life. 7-0

Really appreciate all the handholding you are helping this thread with! Were you as big on Dimir week 1 day 1 as now? Are these decks somewhat a result of green being "overdrafted" and crime.dec being neglected? I definitely feel like, in the draft portion of the draft, undervaluing the final product Dimir deck, (i.e. - not knowing that tempo Dimir can win fast enough) makes me undervalue these picks compared to y'all. Most of my black focused decks have been in QD, where the bot pick makes it more likely to face from opponents as well. Which are fun games!

Anyway, nice chatting! Thanks!

Ultimatefire fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 30, 2024

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Time posted:

for those asking what the good dimir deck looks like, this is it. I was looking for a splash but it came together to be the perfect tempo deck. I just hosed up their board early then ended the game in the air quickly while removing any blockers like an armadillo or cactus. what was on the ground ended up not mattering as the clock was too fast and i could chump with shitters and take the fall their guys into a rattleback for a clean 2 for 1 and 3 easy life. 7-0

Linkbreaker seems so weird here, I keep looking for Lively Dirge and can't find it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lone Goat posted:

Linkbreaker seems so weird here, I keep looking for Lively Dirge and can't find it.

no synergy at all - would have been the easy cut if I had any other creature. as it was, it was mostly 1 mana gain 8 life while I raced which was nice enough. plat opponents though, would look to replace it in the future.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Lively Dirge into Linkbreaker and the sac to draw two guy felt so good the one time I had them all. Dunno if there's any other good combinations though.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Did another OTJ Premier

https://www.17lands.com/draft/47640a0be7184323b1c21b7d90932afb

This was a tough draft because the first round of packs was awful. Starting from Pack 3 I had a string of extremely mediocre cards with no clear direction, and I feel like the other players also struggled finding it. Only Blue was reasonably open, but also not really the Crime stuff. The other packs were a bit better, but once again I couldn't really find a clear direction except "I mostly have Simic cards and it's not like playing G is a bad idea". Really wondering if I missed anything here.

End result, something like this:

Sultai Crime/Doublespell. Not nearly enough Deserts either but what can you do. This is surely not the correct build - any advice? I guess I could even splash R instead of B (or in addition?!).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Justin_Brett posted:

Lively Dirge into Linkbreaker and the sac to draw two guy felt so good the one time I had them all. Dunno if there's any other good combinations though.

Linkbreaker plus this guy is the other big one

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Trophied another OTJ Premier draft with this deck despite not managing to grab any of the usual tricks for the GWx deck (Snakeskin Veil, Take up the Shield, etc):

IIRC P1P1 was Jitte, and then I picked up Slickshot on P2P1, Hellspur Posse Boss was P2P2, and I got passed both of the Wylie Dukes plus the Bristly Bill. Felt kinda light on removal but playing carefully with the Jitte and all the incidental lifegain usually helped me stabilize enough to get across the line. I lost one game because I made a really dumb mistake - opponent had a Geyser Drake and that UG bear legend on their side and all I had was a merc token, so I cast Thunder Salvo on the Drake and then Bovine Intervention on the bear, only realizing my mistake afterwards.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Here's my MWM deck if anyone doesn't want to build their own. UW flash type deck, had fun and got an easy 3-0 but it doesn't seem like a particularly tough field

Deck
2 Aven Interrupter (OTJ) 4
4 Get Lost (LCI) 14
3 Dust Animus (OTJ) 9
1 Final Showdown (OTJ) 11
3 No Witnesses (MKM) 27
1 Cryptic Coat (MKM) 50
9 Plains (ANB) 115
3 Tishana's Tidebinder (LCI) 81
3 Stoic Sphinx (OTJ) 71
3 Intrude on the Mind (MKM) 61
2 Spring-Loaded Sawblades (LCI) 36
10 Island (BRO) 271
2 Phantom Interference (OTJ) 61
1 Sunken Citadel (LCI) 285
4 No More Lies (MKM) 221
3 Restless Anchorage (LCI) 280
2 Meticulous Archive (MKM) 264
4 Deduce (MKM) 52

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I went 3-0 with Caves

Deck
4 Forest (OTJ) 276
4 Gargantuan Leech (LCI) 107
4 Glimpse the Core (LCI) 186
4 Aftermath Analyst (MKM) 148
4 Calamitous Cave-In (LCI) 139
2 Bonny Pall, Clearcutter (OTJ) 196
4 Cosmium Confluence (LCI) 181
4 Spelunking (LCI) 213
4 Bat Colony (LCI) 5
2 Smuggler's Surprise (OTJ) 180
4 Cavernous Maw (LCI) 270
4 Forgotten Monument (LCI) 272
2 Sunken Citadel (LCI) 285
2 Hidden Courtyard (LCI) 274
1 Hidden Cataract (LCI) 273
2 Hidden Necropolis (LCI) 275
4 Hidden Nursery (LCI) 276
2 Hidden Volcano (LCI) 277
1 The Ancient One (LCI) 222
2 Dance of the Tumbleweeds (OTJ) 160

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Boco_T posted:

I went 3-0 with Caves

Deck

Turns out I had the cards for this so I tried a few games, I really like it. Beating people up with the cheap manlands is particularly nice

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 1, 2024

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Time posted:

no synergy at all - would have been the easy cut if I had any other creature. as it was, it was mostly 1 mana gain 8 life while I raced which was nice enough. plat opponents though, would look to replace it in the future.

I think Rooftop Assassin and Take the Fall count, but I haven't minded a Linkbreaker in these decks even with minimal synergy. With Assassin it kills something and then you're attacking for 3 evasive lifelink on your turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Slime Against Humanity still works, too.