Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Since the family is blessed by Xipe the Harmony Aeon I'm very curious why she gives trailblazer her blessing and their new abilities since right now their skepticism surrounding said family so far in the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There's been a lot of theorycrafting on the lore behind some of the visual design choices in this arc. Xipe was supposed to have assimilated Ena at the end of the Swarm Disaster, but what impact did this have on those who followed Ena.. or on Xipe themselves? Ena is strongly associated with eye imagery that Xipe lacks, but there are several times in this arc where we have run into eye imagery in places it probably should not be so strongly featured.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It could be my religious trauma talking but it's possible that the Family and Xipe aren't exactly aligned at the moment and the Family is just using Xipe's name/power for their own purposes, and that Xipe might want to give their power to the TB to fight the Family back.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Robin's voice is explicitly said to echo with the power of Xipe/the Harmony and something was wrong with her voice even before Sparkle impersonated her. It does hint that the Family isn't really acting in accordance with Xipe.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
The fact that the Family is suffering from strong internal discord is itself at odds at how things are "supposed" to be with them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also the hand of God touching Adam is neither a match for Ena or Xipe but has traits from both of them.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Gearhead posted:

There's been a lot of theorycrafting on the lore behind some of the visual design choices in this arc. Xipe was supposed to have assimilated Ena at the end of the Swarm Disaster, but what impact did this have on those who followed Ena.. or on Xipe themselves? Ena is strongly associated with eye imagery that Xipe lacks, but there are several times in this arc where we have run into eye imagery in places it probably should not be so strongly featured.

Yeah, I’d argue Ena is still in the plot in some way based on art cues alone. Like you said about the eyes, there’s a whole patch making a big deal about Aventurine’s eyes, his religious beliefs and Avgin culture, and it’s a match for Ena’s artwork - not just the eye in the background, there’s also the bead jewellery and a planet similar to the Sigonia relic set.

And pre-Penacony was an interruption that might as well have been titled “HEY DID YOU DO THE SWARM SU??? THE SWARM SU WITH MY MISSING AEON, IDRILA. THE SWARM SU THAT INCLUDES ENA AND XIPE’S MERGER AS WELL AS ENA’S BARGAIN WITH THE AMBER LORD. SWARM’S SU.”

My running theory being Gaiathra = some amalgamation/spin-off of Ena and having the last survivor of that path running around after a whole patch of Harmony mindfucking might be plot important later. Plus there’s all the sidequests about dead aeons, fake aeons and leaving paths.

Tho maybe the TB just gets a harmony blessing via super-harmoniously high-fiving someone.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

4000 Sambucks and counting

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think it's worth noting that the Trailblazer doesn't need to be on good terms with the Aeon they're channeling--- they unlocked the Destruction from Nanook just glaring at them for a while.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

JT Jag posted:

I think it's worth noting that the Trailblazer doesn't need to be on good terms with the Aeon they're channeling--- they unlocked the Destruction from Nanook just glaring at them for a while.

Nanook is also the Aeon of Self-Destruction, he's relatively "okay" with his stuff being destroyed too. Also Stellarons might be Nanook stuff.

Edit: Also without Welt we would have exploded the space station.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 28, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't think most Aeons even see mortals in "good or bad" terms, just how much they reflect the potential to keep their Path going.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Pretty sure the only Aeons that even come close to operating on morality in a manner comprehensible to humans are Akivili (cause they traveled as more or less a human) and Aha (since humor doesn't work if humans can't understand if something happening is funny or "funny").

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eej posted:

I don't think most Aeons even see mortals in "good or bad" terms, just how much they reflect the potential to keep their Path going.

That’s how I see it too. Aeons are past things like good and evil, and are so consumed by the path they represent that all they notice is people and events that particularly exemplify it. And even then they don’t hold their interest long— they draw a Glance, and then move on.

Akivili seems like the exception there, but Trailblaze is a broader path than a lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The destruction path covers recklessness, and trying to face-tank a giant laser blast without even using a weapon or knowing what the gently caress is going on definitely falls under that.