Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
more like she refuses to touch you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hospitals saved lives and they invented cool drugs long before computers

bring back clipboards imo

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

akadajet posted:

we’ve got a wpf/xaml based client that I refuse to touch

so you're saying you work at epic? :p

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i really wonder how epic spins the story of its nordic rollouts to their own employees

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

since there are several danes in here

has anyone got affected by sundhetsplatformen in any way? just wondering what we've got in store when they've finished rolling it out

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
they can’t answer, they all died from malpractice and wrongly scheduled appointments

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kernel Sanders posted:

they can’t answer, they all died from malpractice and wrongly scheduled appointments

very sad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kernel Sanders posted:

M-M-M-ONSTER BILL

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kazinsal posted:

no, I think she worked on mumps stuff

I want to say it was tori but iirc he works in health insurance adjustment/claims software, which is probably an even more disgusting branch of all-american medtech

i'm not sure he even worked on software for that stuff, just doing insurance claims and whatnot? but either way he left that job a few months ago

olorum
Apr 24, 2021

Tankakern posted:

since there are several danes in here

has anyone got affected by sundhetsplatformen in any way? just wondering what we've got in store when they've finished rolling it out

just don't get sick op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:argh: biden :argh:

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
let’s remember that EMRs were first developed to be able to share information amongst institutions rapidly (which didn’t happen, any transfer I get is dumps of printed paper with half of it worthless repeats) and then fairly quickly shifted to capture billing (which happened to the nth degree)

I guess this is the way American medicine invades the bulwarks of European social
medicine: money-capturing software infected with hard coded American English jargon, quickly driving providers insane.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

letting american healthcare infrastructure companies in is letting the vampire in the front door. you have to be a total moron to do it and now its too late

121623_2
Dec 16, 2023
welcome to my network, you are now the janitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe this is just dreaming but I think I could be useful somewhere in healthcare software development

not for making it better tho. just making this poo poo you’re all complaining about even worse

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

maybe this is just dreaming but I think I could be useful somewhere in healthcare software development

not for making it better tho. just making this poo poo you’re all complaining about even worse

your hired

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

necroing threads today, but i found tokin posting this video in the grey forums a while ago, and it belongs here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
at my institution, they got epic but didn’t want to pay for any outside IT help so they voluntold random folks to become “super users” to teach the lay folk about the software

the long term effect of this is that nobody really documents anything anymore unless some billing person pops a query into the patients chart and just about every provider prays daily for a butlerian jihad and a return to paper charting