Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Devils Affricate posted:

If you can hide a sword in a cane you can hide a sword in a walker :colbert:

Im working on one that folds out into a bat'leth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I needed the support for a while last year, so I opted for a cane. I decided that if I was going to use a cane, I was going to do it right. I ordered several canes from artists who specialize in canes and walking sticks. I really like them, but I'm better now, so I only use them on occasion.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Canes tenders with the sauce almost always hit. Haven't tried Walkers dunno if we have them in the midwest

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Genesplicer posted:

I needed the support for a while last year, so I opted for a cane. I decided that if I was going to use a cane, I was going to do it right. I ordered several canes from artists who specialize in canes and walking sticks. I really like them, but I'm better now, so I only use them on occasion.

You are so old

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I use my legs OP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I use my legs OP

ableist piece of poo poo. Placeholder. and don't come back

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

ableist piece of poo poo. Placeholder. and don't come back

Thank you GBS moderation team

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’d like to use a cane but I’m not able

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’d like to use a cane but I’m not able

A little 'caine won't hurt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was in a car accident and had to use a cane for a year and everything was terrible and then a chiropractor changed everything.

Medical doctors failed me. The chiropractor set me free. I kept the cane as a reminder of how bad things got, and other lessons learned.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

I was in a car accident and had to use a cane for a year and everything was terrible and then a chiropractor changed everything.

Medical doctors failed me. The chiropractor set me free. I kept the cane as a reminder of how bad things got, and other lessons learned.

I hear tons of stories like this from people. I think that chiro probably suffers from having different sects in it. The heavier quackery that proclaims that swinging babies by the head is helpful and the more serious sects that may have some actual therapeutic value.

I'm still on the fence about the value or validity of it but if it makes people feel better, so be it.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

cumpantry posted:

You are so old

No poo poo. But this is based on an injury I sustained in high school. I was in a car that was destroyed by a drunk driver. I'm lucky that my injuries were not worse.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't pimp walk with a walker

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Had to use a cane for a few years after a biking accident took out my knee. Thankfully it got better (I only need the cane on really bad days at least) due to the power of weed and like four or five years straight of physical therapy.

Wouldn't recommend damaging your knees like that to folks, but TENS units are pretty loving cool, and I got to play around with one of those at PT so who am I to judge. Muscles go bzzzzt

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

If you can hide a sword in a cane you can hide a sword in a walker :colbert:

You can hide two swords in a walker but then that means you're a dirty dex build

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Big Cane and Big Walker are always keeping us from the mecha

But if i had to choose I'd go for the walker because it can hide four shotguns. The little wheels at the ends will spread the buckshot in a deadly spiral that can kill every motherfucker in a bingo hall if you lose

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

I hear tons of stories like this from people. I think that chiro probably suffers from having different sects in it. The heavier quackery that proclaims that swinging babies by the head is helpful and the more serious sects that may have some actual therapeutic value.

I'm still on the fence about the value or validity of it but if it makes people feel better, so be it.

Well said. I don't usually wade into chiropractor debates for that reason. I saw both sides of it. After 1.5 years of twice a week physical therapy and constant doctors visits, when they proposed exploratory surgery since I was just getting worse and worse, I said gently caress it, and went to a chiropractor. The guy was great, there was no "woo-woo" or anything. He somehow diagnosed that my hips were offset (which the doctors missed??), and he put them back where they should be over a few weeks and the recovery was amazing. After about 6 weeks of visits I was basically back to normal. I moved, and went to a new chiropractor - thinking I needed to continue - and he was borderline scary. I felt unsafe. This big jock bro who talked like a dumb jock. Two visits and I was done, and have never been to a chiropractor since. So I get it when people doubt chiropractors, but I also have my experience, which was life changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Cane, with tanto blade, hands down. Here is how you can make one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bG4_Bc7eAg